Schools are closed. SMH

I plowed the driveway. More snow tomorrow.

Denver broke the February snow total record. Not really that much but it still (just barely) busted the all time record.

Anyway. I found the driveway. Kinda needed to dig it out a tough drifted spot so we wouldn't get stuck there.

Before and after...

179ab73ef88ede638002ab3e788f64d6.jpg

891aea7b751293025b1e186242bf1deb.jpg

276c64020074e2c47146dad152b39697.jpg

4b9c95acb53be3f8d7317b342f7cf232.jpg

Dogs are enjoying themselves.

http://youtu.be/mp1Jl9M44Cc

We got 4 inches of snow at our house! That's unheard of for our area.

20150227_171623_zpsjdrbjsm9.jpg

We went sledding today on our Texas "sleds." 6PC was really good at it.

20150228_105051_zpsjgncbvn4.jpg

He and I also built a snowman that the kids were nice enough to pose by.

20150228_140943_zpscbdzxvck.jpg

It really has been fun. I am so glad we got some actual winter before spring gets here next week.

Last edited:
It's baaaaaaaaaa-aack!

Interstate 20 closed west of Fort Worth, expecting 2" of mixed sleet/ice overnight.

Yeah, I just trekked from Saddlebrook to Corinth and probably the hardest I have ever seen it sleet.

interesting theory but the combustion products of natural gas and propane are the same, principally carbon dioxide, water vapor, and carbon monoxide. There are negligible amounts of other oxides from contaminants which may be present in either natural gas or propane. Notably most European natural gas has a large percentage of contaminants because the one field that originally supplied the markets there was quite contaminated and the supplier (Shell) didn't bother to treat the gas.

Look at burner sets for propane vs NG for a water heater. Propane stuff is stainless, NG stuff is not. I'm just passing on what the industry teaches consumers through their distributors, if the industry is lying, oh well, wouldn't be surprised.

It's baaaaaaaaaa-aack!

Interstate 20 closed west of Fort Worth, expecting 2" of mixed sleet/ice overnight.

Yup, all the news crews are freaking out on all the channels tonight.
It is 35 right now and they promise us 32 (F) overnight.
But they promise freezing rain that might not thaw until noon tomorrow. Stores are empty, no bread, milk or bottled water. All the idiots hoarded it all at home (and will probably throw it out on Friday).

Hoping for at least one icicle in the morning so that we can say we experienced a "fierce winter storm". Looking fwd to seeing hundreds of idiots in wrecked cars tomorrow. Will try to take and post pictures.

We had four inches of snow last night. It refroze the mud bog in the driveway.

500 flights canceled out of DFW/DAL, expecting another 300 to cancel tomorrow. Messing up a lot of cross country flights in the south US.

I hope you all get this out of your systems quickly. I'm supposed to change planes at IAH Tuesday and Friday next week.

If I heard the wx prognosticators correctly, we in NC are getting what you guys in TX are having now.

But its midnight and 66F here....and we may be getting 1-3" of 'wintry mix' on Thursday evening? Oh goody.

The dairy farms, bakeries and grocery stores are in cahoots with the TV stations.

Go to maps.google.com and get traffic on the DFW area again. It's almost all red/orange, no green anywhere around.

Holy crap... what the hell has Google done to Google Maps? It's completely impossible to use. It used to be one of the few things about Google that I didn't hate.

Rich

Was sleet and now snow.
10 sec exposure so no discernible flakes but it is really coming down good.
Looks like we build another snowman in the morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DentonSnow20150304.jpg
    DentonSnow20150304.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 53
Holy crap... what the hell has Google done to Google Maps? It's completely impossible to use. It used to be one of the few things about Google that I didn't hate.

Rich

They are moving ever closer to privatizing the features of maps. It was just privatized on the last iteration of my PDA so I can't see any features like traffic without 'signing in' to google.

Luckily, Bing provides the same service, I just have to access via the browser.

They are moving ever closer to privatizing the features of maps. It was just privatized on the last iteration of my PDA so I can't see any features like traffic without 'signing in' to google.

Luckily, Bing provides the same service, I just have to access via the browser.

Yeah, I was able to view it on Yahoo.

Rich

4" of snow?! Where I grew up, it isn't considered measurable until you need to get up on your roof!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
It isn't the snow, it's the ice. Our neighborhood got freezing rain/sleet, then 1-2" of snow on top. The snow alone wouldn't have closed our area schools (Tulsa/Broken Arrow), but the sheet of ice pretty much makes getting up (or down) most hills about impossible in many vehicles.

Well, I just took a tour of our area on the lawn mower. We had a different neighbor get out of our cul de sac and made it 4 blocks until he went in a ditch. No mail boxes were sacrificed. Since we're up on the crest of two hills, it's hard to get off our street and down to civilization. So, I'll sit here and watch AMC and fix some network issues enjoying the view.

Many closed schools and businesses today. Though I drove to work with no problems, gorgeous dry and sunny day. I was the first one at work and was alone until about 10am. I think everybody decided to sleep in today. :)
The forecast apocalypse did not arrive.
Grocery stores are restocking all the bread, milk and bottled water.
Life goes on.

Back