Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2019 - April 26-28

Can’t commit to this year, as @KayDeeW and I just bought a house...

Can’t say we’ll try to be there, but I will promise to try to try...

Congrats!

...and you better try to try mister
images

Last edited:
Can’t commit to this year, as @KayDeeW and I just bought a house...

Can’t say we’ll try to be there, but I will promise to try to try...

Congratulations on the crib. We just bought a house too. In fact, we have two houses at the moment on one modest income. No excuses!

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Congratulations on the crib. We just bought a house too. In fact, we have two houses at the moment on one modest income. No excuses!

Go big or go home!

P.S. Can somebody spot me a few bucks for a room at the lodge and a about 112 gallons of mogas. All my money is in real estate :eek:

Pray we get the old house sold by Rough River time, or we may be thumbing a ride and tenting. By God were going though.

(Gonna derail the thread here for a bit)

Hey wait a minute...2 houses???

I’m surprised because of this:

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/house-buying-avice.112652/

You don’t know it Okie, but you were @KayDeeW and my inspiration to make a contingency offer on the house we’re buying. The sellers took our contingent offer, and my current home sold in four days. We close in about 3 weeks. We were going to sell mine first, but I read your thread, Kristine made a call to the realtor, and bam, it all fell into place.

What happened to the contingency? (Although I suppose I could guess)

(Gonna derail the thread here for a bit)

Hey wait a minute...2 houses???

I’m surprised because of this:

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/house-buying-avice.112652/

You don’t know it Okie, but you were @KayDeeW and my inspiration to make a contingency offer on the house we’re buying. The sellers took our contingent offer, and my current home sold in four days. We close in about 3 weeks. We were going to sell mine first, but I read your thread, Kristine made a call to the realtor, and bam, it all fell into place.

What happened to the contingency? (Although I suppose I could guess)

The agreement we made was for them to give us 3 months to sell our house. They gave us the time, however, we didn't get sold before time was up. The seller was ready to buy another house and we had to suck it up and go for it, ready or not, if we wanted this house. My parents graciously helped us a little with the down payment so we could make it happen. In the mean time, since we aren't under the gun, we've been doing some strategic upgrades to the old one to make it more attractive and valuable. I think it will sell fairly quickly now. To clarify, "fairly quickly" in my neck of the woods would be within a couple months.

We moved into the new house about a week or two before Christmas, and couldn't be happier with it.

I'm very happy it worked out for yous guys!

Is that a gun in my pocket, or am I just happy to see you?

upload_2019-1-6_13-1-6.jpeg

Yep, I think it's both...

Last edited:
We having a fund raising bake sale for okie? I’ll donate some special brownies.

Camping spot booked at Axtel campground. I'm not saying which space.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What is this cash everyone keeps talking about?

What is this cash everyone keeps talking about?

It’s how we traditionally paid for goods and services prior to credit cards, debit cards, smartphone apps, etc. Now it is mostly just used for hookers and blow.

I just put in for vacation and am going to book a room. Are most folks staying until Monday, or are the dates wrong?

I am heading there Friday the 26th and leaving Monday the 29th. A few will get there Thursday afternoon, most on Friday and most will leave Sunday. IIRC from last year. Are we keeping track of this on a spreadsheet?

if only there was a spreadsheet and a direct link to the spreadsheet, sheesh.

I forgot about the spreadsheet. I’m booking Fri-Sun. Now I just have to figure out who’s airplane I’m borrowing

I can read the spreadsheet but can’t write on it. No way I’m downloading some stinking app that prolly loaded with some Rooski Election spyware.

X3skier - See who accepts - Rick - Tecnam P92 or BMW X3 - N832ES or SKI WZ- Fri - Sun - sleezy Hotel -167 Air or 193 Ground - 90% - Is there a geezer award?

Cheers

I just put in for vacation and am going to book a room. Are most folks staying until Monday, or are the dates wrong?

I reckon the dates should be 26-28. My bad. Fixed it.

Also added the spreadsheet to the OP.

Last edited:
Okie, you able to play some John Denver, we will not discuss hos flying!!!

Oh yeah. Forgot about that rule. I signed up prematurely. Sorry E.

Oh wait, I don't give a flip about no rules.

No rule. I just assumed the thread was for talkin sht and the list was for those who are going but dafuq do I know.

No rule. I just assumed the thread was for talkin sht and the list was for those who are going but dafuq do I know.

Well, I ain't booked, but I'm as committed to going as much as one can be, so I signed up. Dafuq? Is that a middle eastern city?

Back