Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2019 - April 26-28

I might have it....

My written expires at the end of April so I need to get on it.
Cirrus is getting an overhaul though. Hopefully they get the engine put back on in time for me to cram IR training.

If not, I will take it as a sign I am supposed to be a VFR guy.

Do what I did (with a written expiring in January 2019). I went to Madison, SD and knocked it out in a week. They use a Cessna 140 for training, so even got tailwheel endorsed at the same time :)

Not mine. lol

Most of my instruments are just for looks.
Like folks upgrade their RV's, me thinks you'll update your panel in the Grumman or buy something new once instrument rated? Looking back, there are times I wish my plane had what it takes. Thought I would be content VFR but there have been a handful of times I've been delayed or had to cancel a trip due to lack of utility of my Cherokee

I am unsure if I am going to make it. I have to have a bone and tissue graft done which is going to require significant recovery time, SevenDeltaSierra is going bye-bye and in May I'm leaving the country to go fly airplanes in South Africa.
April is way off!!! Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This sounds like it could be a fun idea. Now the question becomes...is this an event where my non-aviation-interested wife would wanna stab her eyes out? (Besides the above mentioned hairy underwear models)

... in May I'm leaving the country to go fly airplanes in South Africa.

:hairraise::hairraise::hairraise:

Let us know which airline we have to avoid in ZA going forward... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It would be cool if you would come though!

This sounds like it could be a fun idea. Now the question becomes...is this an event where my non-aviation-interested wife would wanna stab her eyes out? (Besides the above mentioned hairy underwear models)

My borderline, mildly-aviation interested wife is attending.
Last year, there really wasn't much pilot talk with the exception of @Radar Contact and I planning the most amazing formation, low pass over the river we were going to do the next day.
I don't remember much after that.

HAHAHAHAH except @cowman going "I've never done formation flying before" And we're all "But you've seen one fly over. It's so easy, you just take the outside and you will be fine."
Then a 20 minute conversation about who has the slowest plane and what speed we'd need to fly at to accommodate everyone.

I'm bringing go pros this year.

Interestingly, if you look at the current Google Earth view of that airport, you see a bunch of these:
upload_2018-12-26_17-6-14.png

We don't spend the entire time talking about airplanes and doing aviation stuff. Mostly, we just hang out, enjoy each other's company, share stories, have some brewskis, kick the tires on each others airplanes, eat some food, get serenaded by a shrieking redneck sasquatch, and generally have a good ol' laid back time. There were a few wives there last year who aren't exactly as nuts about aviation as their husbands, and I believe they enjoyed themselves quite thoroughly. I believe there were at least 8 simply lovely ladies in the bunch. Plus it's the freakin' coolest peeps on POA. The more the merrier.

My wife, who shocked me when she said she’d come with me

Yeah, I hate those shock collars too....
hard to tell them to stay home when they have the controller.

images

Can someone summarize the thread and plans made to date? Thanks!

Desired real info, not smart a$$, so I can make attendance plans.

Thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can convince the wife to go along. Even though she hates small planes...Maybe have her fly commercial into KSDF or KEVV :D

I’m going to do my very best to attend, if only for the day on Saturday. My plan is to arrive before the wet t-shirt contest starts, but will update as it gets closer.

Let me get right on that Mike. In summary, were having a fly-in at Rough River, Kentucky in 2019.

Didn't expect smarta$$ replies? Really?

Let me get right on that Mike. In summary, were having a fly-in at Rough River, Kentucky in 2019.

Didn't expect smarta$$ replies? Really?

What?! When was this planned? Is there a thread on it? With dates and other details? Where can I read it? Can ya spoon feed me the info? Help?

Alright. We have sufficiently hammered on @AggieMike88. Unless, of course, somebody aint done.

Dates are April 26-29 at 2-India-3. That's literally the whole plan thus far, Mike.

I updated the title with the dates, so it's set in stone now.

Back