Rough River dos mil veinticinco (that’s 2025 en Español) 2I3 - 4/25 - 4/27

at what point does it get canceled for weather? Does it not get canceled? Just curious how this goes down when the weather decides it doesn't love us ...
 
at what point does it get canceled for weather? Does it not get canceled? Just curious how this goes down when the weather decides it doesn't love us ...
I'd hazard a guess that at an event this big there will always be some contingent of people who show up. The die hards. I'd bet low probability it gets truly "canceled" unless RR is closed.
 
at what point does it get canceled for weather? Does it not get canceled? Just curious how this goes down when the weather decides it doesn't love us ...

Think of “it” as YOU flying somewhere. Only you can decide when “it” gets cancelled.

Also, is it cancelled or canceled?
 
I think it was 2 years ago it was raining non stop on the Friday. We basically took over the “lounge” part of the airport and just hung out in there.

For those flying in, Tell City (I93) has a couple RNAV approaches that can get you down to anywhere from 650 to 310 AGL, depending on how you’re equipped. It’s about a 23 minute drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can't remember a year, at least not for the last several, when weather wasn't an issue. Some of us always end up coming a day early or late. I've managed to make it every year although I'm honestly not sure how. We're also still days out and forecasts change, fingers crossed.
 
Think of “it” as YOU flying somewhere. Only you can decide when “it” gets cancelled.

Also, is it cancelled or canceled?

Okie dokie ... I was just wanted to know what the "event" did ... If I don't like the flying for some reason I'll change plans in a hot second ... that's not the part I'm worried about. I'm trying to decide when to call it since it's an 8.5 to 9 hr drive from here if the flying doesn't work for this lowly vfr pilot.

And in answer to your question ... it depends on which English your using .. American English or actual English ... I used American English because .. you know .. :deadhorse:
 
Yeah I'm seeing a 60% to 80% chance of the thing we're not supposed to talk about being something we quickly start talking about. It's improving on this side of the journey.
 
60%-80% can mean there's a 60%-80% chance of unmentionable for either for 5 minutes or all day or anything in between :biggrin:. If my plane is out of annual and the car is out of the shop, I figure I'll get there one way or the other ..... or not.
 
Just reminding everyone that due to reasons, data collections for things has been scaled back and thus all the unmentionables have degraded to ****.
 
Urgh - I am flying a non-WAAS bird next weekend.
 
Owensboro is a 1hr drive each way. ILS 36 and a couple VOR approaches.

Or just follow Ed…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If non WAAS I'm guessing he too slow to keep up. :D
 
No plane, no car, no frolic in the Bluegrass.

Looks like I'll miss this party for the first time it since it started:confused:.
 
@X3 Skier
If you're based at GDK and would like to keep your spotless RR attendance record, I can offer a ride in an Arrow.
Though for WX reasons I'm planning to fly in Thursday and head out on Sunday (I'm a VFR only guy :)).

(Also, booked last min and got a lodge... Is there a private chat I should join with details?)
 
@X3 Skier
If you're based at GDK and would like to keep your spotless RR attendance record, I can offer a ride in an Arrow.
Though for WX reasons I'm planning to fly in Thursday and head out on Sunday (I'm a VFR only guy :)).

(Also, booked last min and got a lodge... Is there a private chat I should join with details?)
Same here. Thursday thru Sunday, Fri + Sat afternoons look ok for other VFR guys, plus a little hope for wx improvement.
 
@X3 Skier
If you're based at GDK and would like to keep your spotless RR attendance record, I can offer a ride in an Arrow.
Though for WX reasons I'm planning to fly in Thursday and head out on Sunday (I'm a VFR only guy :)).

(Also, booked last min and got a lodge... Is there a private chat I should join with details?)
just to confirm, you did originally say you were o u t out, right?
 
I will not be flying to the fly-in again. This time in a Jeep. With my better half. Can't wait!

When I looked at the wx yesterday, it looked like another one of those "we take over the airport lounge" Fridays.
 
Well ... sorry but unfortunately I am bowing out. I don't see any chance of flying there as every forecast has it way past my personal minimums. I guess we'll try again next year, maybe some folks will do something in the SE in between ...
 
Well ... sorry but unfortunately I am bowing out. I don't see any chance of flying there as every forecast has it way past my personal minimums. I guess we'll try again next year, maybe some folks will do something in the SE in between ...

We'll have to make do with frozen beef patties now :'(
 
@X3 Skier
If you're based at GDK and would like to keep your spotless RR attendance record, I can offer a ride in an Arrow.
Though for WX reasons I'm planning to fly in Thursday and head out on Sunday (I'm a VFR only guy :)).

(Also, booked last min and got a lodge... Is there a private chat I should join with details?)
Thank you much but I have to be in town Friday til noon. GDK or MGY
 
I wouldn’t write it off just yet for anyone. Weather forecasts have been improving. Originally Saturday was iffy and now it’s looking great!

Thursday VFR
Friday 1pm-5pm VFR
Saturday 10am onwards VFR
Sunday VFR
 
I wouldn’t write it off just yet for anyone. Weather forecasts have been improving. Originally Saturday was iffy and now it’s looking great!

Thursday VFR
Friday 1pm-5pm VFR
Saturday 10am onwards VFR
Sunday VFR
I’m still hopeful.
 
This is getting to be like Oshkosh where you have to show up a week early to get a parking spot.

(@eman1200 Oshkosh is a big airshow in Wisconsin every summer)
:biggrin:

I think I got a good spot this time


3de7fa15659996a9fbd78446b471275a.jpg
 
I wouldn’t write it off just yet for anyone. Weather forecasts have been improving. Originally Saturday was iffy and now it’s looking great!

Thursday VFR
Friday 1pm-5pm VFR
Saturday 10am onwards VFR
Sunday VFR
Just wait, there's still time for it to get iffy again! :rofl:

Weather for fly-ins should never be discussed more than one day in advance.
 
Back
Top