Ron Levy account is now poadeleted20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all take on a different persona in the internet life as compered to our real life. Case in point, I am a really nice guy here, but in person I am a royal ass.

True.

In real life I am socially awkward.

And Black.

I'm a real prick in person, just like here. And I do think it a pity if Ron went AWOL. he knows a lot of stuff.

Ron was not sent away.

Well part of this is the way forums are, you're establishing a pattern here with long time members. It was a very long time I read here without posting. I finally registered an account to PM Dr. Bruce. But the reasons why I didn't register (and still don't post very much) are illustrated in things like this.

We all take on a different persona in the internet life as compered to our real life. Case in point, I am a really nice guy here, but in person I am a royal ass.

I am in the minority, but I don't believe this (what I've bolded). I believe that people take on the persona that "they really want to be" in real life but can't.

Tim, like you, I'm an ass regardless, however, I work really hard to just be me.

I think I'll start lurking again. Something is wrong here in this forum and nobody is trying to figure out what it is.

Something is wrong here in this forum and nobody is trying to figure out what it is.

Lack of new pilots.
(Not new members but new pilots)

We need more CPOs asking questions and sharing their first encounters with x during this flight or that flight.

Which reminds me CPO, how is it coming along?

Well part of this is the way forums are, you're establishing a pattern here with long time members. It was a very long time I read here without posting. I finally registered an account to PM Dr. Bruce. But the reasons why I didn't register (and still don't post very much) are illustrated in things like this.

I am in the minority, but I don't believe this (what I've bolded). I believe that people take on the persona that "they really want to be" in real life but can't.

Tim, like you, I'm an ass regardless, however, I work really hard to just be me.

I think I'll start lurking again. Something is wrong here in this forum and nobody is trying to figure out what it is.

I will keep hanging around. I do still learn a few things periodically but I am here mostly for the comic relief and to have a little fun. Really try to not take myself too seriously.

I follow the Blondes just want to have fun attitude, only problem is that my hair is black, well really salt and pepper these days. Does that mean I can't have fun?

Lack of new pilots.
(Not new members but new pilots)

We need more CPOs asking questions and sharing their first encounters with x during this flight or that flight.

Which reminds me CPO, how is it coming along?

I must have missed CPO, and while I could come up with time killer words to fill those initials I will ask what it means, then shame myself into a corner for not already knowing!!!

Odd... I was wondering where his posts went. I had an odd but unverified suspicion of him, but it's whatever.

the only other thing was the super long verbose responses citing legal opinions. Which is still just an opinion until tested in court.

I follow the Blondes just want to have fun attitude, only problem is that my hair is black, well really salt and pepper these days. Does that mean I can't have fun?

Clearly, Tim, you need to dye your hair if you want to have fun!

the only other thing was the super long verbose responses citing legal opinions. Which is still just an opinion until tested in court.

But "opinions" from certain folks in Federal agencies have a way of being enforced until someone does challenge it in court. Of course going to court takes $$$$$$ so from a practical point of view those "opinions" can be a problem.

One example from Colorado was the Attorney General decided that Universities could ban concealed carry even though the law clearly stated that state law superseded any local law with the intent to prevent confusion and a mish-mash of regulations. It took 5 years or so for the Attorney General's "opinion" to be challenged in court because of the financial hurdle.

OMG, If I was having anymore fun it would probably be illegal. I am just glad to still have hair. No offense to those that have outgrown theirs!!!!

But "opinions" from certain folks in Federal agencies have a way of being enforced until someone does challenge it in court. Of course going to court takes $$$$$$ so from a practical point of view those "opinions" can be a problem.

And, actually, many of those opinions will be deferred to by the courts whenever they are tested there. Basically, if you want to challenge such an opinion, you have to meet a very high standard that the opinion is "arbitrary or capricious". If an agency makes any reasonable interpretation of the law, even if it's not the same conclusion the court would draw, the court will defer to the agency.

My online personal is quite different from my real life oersona. I refuse to take the internet seriously. It is a joke and nothing of any real importance happens on it.

My online personal is quite different from my real life oersona. I refuse to take the internet seriously. It is a joke and nothing of any real importance happens on it.

According to NPR radio this morning "black twitter" is now a thing and very important stuff is happening on it.

Except Ron didn't really answer any questions. He would come into a thread 35 posts after the question was answered, and he would just repeat what had already been said 22 times. And he would try to post his opinion on what the FAA's process *might* have been as fact, and declare himself emperor of France, er, the internet.

:yeahthat:

This was not a case of running anyone off. This was a case of someone not getting their way, and throwing a temper tantrum.

Same thing happened on the PB a few years back. Didn't get his way (he wanted us to moderate something we didn't choose to moderate), so he took his toys and went home.

He'll be back.
Don't count on it. To his credit, when he said he was leaving and never coming back on the PB... he apparently meant it.

So in real life, you can actually do math? :rofl:

Actually you are quite correct as that is what the data plate says, but Ron had a Cheetah "Tigerized" with the larger engine and wing spar, plus a few other minor changes. It performs like a Tiger because basically it is one.

Actually you are quite correct as that is what the data plate says, but Ron had a Cheetah "Tigerized" with the larger engine and wing spar, plus a few other minor changes. It performs like a Tiger because basically it is one.

Performs like a Tiger but still a Cheetah.

Sad to see Ron go, I always enjoyed reading his posts. Some how the forums seem to chase away the ones who offer the most help (Bruce, Ron). The forums drift away from aviation topics and turn into a elementary school gab fest or playground ****ing contest, I find myself surfing here less and less.

Sad to see Ron go, I always enjoyed reading his posts. Some how the forums seem to chase away the ones who offer the most help (Bruce, Ron). The forums drift away from aviation topics and turn into a elementary school gab fest or playground ****ing contest, I find myself surfing here less and less.
Except that no one here 'chased' Ron or Bruce away. They both apparently left because they could not have things their way.

While your complaints have some validity (and unfortunately are becoming prevalent across most internet forums), they have nothing to do with why those two departed the pattern.

I was pretty shocked at first at the animosity and schoolyard jabs here among what I thought would be a group of higher end people, but then soon I realized it's like any other talk board.

There are some smart people here and I like it because if you ask a question about flying you will get a smart answer within a couple of pages, but then it always devolves into the seventh circle of hell.

I think the big question in all our minds is, if we throw a big tantrum and run off, will we be cited as an expert on something?

In my case probably not, which is why I'm still here.

I think the big question in all our minds is, if we throw a big tantrum and run off, will we be cited as an expert on something?

In my case probably not, which is why I'm still here.

So, that means that if you leave, you really need to go big and make a very public announcement of your intent to leave, then come back, and make another announcement that you're leaving. Like Cameron did.

If you have a know-it-all persona on the internet you'll attract hecklers. (As opposed to real life conversation where people nod politely and plot their escape.) If you're an internet know-it-all who can't tolerate dissent from the "little people", your path to a temper tantrum is set. Just a matter of time until you take your superior knowledge and seek a new, properly appreciative, audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back