Private checkride went horribly wrong!

What type of plane do you fly?
Rent or Own?
How many hours did you have at your first solo?
I am terrible at short field landings.
What is your weak point (besides failing the practical... Sorry couldn't resist that)

But seriously I am willing to learn about your passion for flying.
I am a software engineer so not as smart is the people above but certainly up for mental challenges.

So who are you. What is your story?

url

Are you referring to me as name dropping? I just edited my first post to reflect my inaccuracy and gave you credit. Now, I can BS with the best of them, but I really have studied this stuff, it was just a few centuries ago, and far away on the left coast.

No, not you.

This:
Well, if I'm going to get a lecture in electrodynamics from someone I'd like to know their qualifications....

Last edited:
Well yes, ultimately Maxwell's equations dictate everything, and the study of that is electrodynamics. I see some other nonsense being sprouted above about QED and Feynman? Not applicable to attenuation of RF not at this level anyway (non quantum effects)! Feynman was brilliant, I have read many of his lectures. Stop trying to impress me, you won't.

Don't expect you to believe me. Don't. I don't care.

What a dork. You didn't even know the name Feynman until I mentioned it. Now you're a google expert. haha! So, from Feynman you got Maxwell and now everything is a 'Maxwell equation'. :no:

You wouldn't know a quantum if it sold you a hot dog at the ballpark. :lol:

What a dork. You didn't even know the name Feynman until I mentioned it. Now you're a google expert. haha! So, from Feynman you got Maxwell and now everything is a 'Maxwell equation'. :no:

You wouldn't know a quantum if it sold you a hot dog at the ballpark. :lol:

Surely you're joking?

But ... Did you buy the book, or just get that off Amazon?

I read it many years ago. Yes, I was a geek in high school. I loved the part where he would do his "thinking" in a strip club. Whiskey with water on the side. A man after my own heart.

Seriously, I have never been on this board before and don't all these people who are being brought up. I don't know who "Lady Malibu" is so this comment is totally over my head. This must be a private joke with the long timers here.

And yet previously you had said you lurked for some time, and thus knew that some posters were female.

Rats, I just fed the troll too. Hats off to you, pflemming. Your initial posts were almost believable, with a few flame-worthy references thrown in. Then you keep getting more and more bold and outrageous. I can see you each time saying "Surely they won't fall for this one, will they?" My favorite was the $500 bottle of wine, then the note about being drunk. :D

Seriously, I have never been on this board before and don't all these people who are being brought up. I don't know who "Lady Malibu" is so this comment is totally over my head. This must be a private joke with the long timers here.

All this conspiracy theories about me. Just crazy. I'm just some dude (a brilliant good looking one sure) who is trying to get a PPL.

Just how many of you are there?

An earlier personality claimed to have been lurking for some time, sufficient to make inappropriate gender-specific endearments to a couple of other users.

I think the "doctor" may be Dr. Jekyll.

Lurked for a few months yes. I would guess that the lurkers outnumber the registered users? I may be wrong. An admin could tell you for sure. I lurk on the red board and the purple board too. Never posted anything there though.

I think he was talking about me, because he predicted I would mention Feynman at some future point further along, in which case I would be name dropping.

Another detail....that's really not your strong point, is it?

Read the post before commenting.

I said it was a form of name-dropping, not that it WAS name-dropping. "Electrodynamics" sounds so, you know, scientific.

I had no idea you were going to drop Feynman's name (after reading it in someone else's post), though I really can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:
294 to go.

I'm starting a pool - pick the day & time of posting #1000 and receive an autographed photo of pflemming in his 2 Ton aircraft, proudly displaying his brand new ASEL Certificate from the FAA.

Getting closer to the 1000th post.

In other interesting news, the newest member welcomed by the purple board this afternoon was none other than pflemming...

Well played sir, I mean doctor, well played. To have pulled it off in it's entirety though, that comment should have waited until the next person registered so that you wouldn't be so easily outed by a simple piece of software.

Steve

Attachments

• purple_board.JPG
    purple_board.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
From this point onwards, you shall all refer to me as Doctor.

Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush?
Doc McStuffins?
Doc Savage?
Doctor Van Helsing?
Doctor Frankenstein? (with proper pronounciation)
Doctor Lecter?
Doctor Jekyll?
Dr. Richard Kimble?
Dr. Spengler?
Dr. Venkman?
Dr. Fu Manchu?
Dr. Frank-N-Furter?
Doctor Who?

Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush?
Doc McStuffins?
Doc Savage?
Doctor Van Helsing?
Doctor Lecter?
Doctor Jekyll?
Dr. Richard Kimble?
Dr. Spengler?
Dr. Venkman?
Dr. Fu Manchu?
Dr. Frank-N-Furter?
Doctor Who?

Doctor Zaius
"Man has no understanding. He can be taught a few simple tricks. Nothing more."
:lol:

I'm starting a pool - pick the day & time of posting #1000 and receive an autographed photo of pflemming in his 2 Ton aircraft, proudly displaying his brand new ASEL Certificate from the FAA.

I predict a banning and thread lock before that can happen.

:D

No worries, I will come back as 2TonPilot and be all nice and meek and mild and infiltrate your ranks....

*evil laugh*

Getting closer to the 1000th post.

In other interesting news, the newest member welcomed by the purple board this afternoon was none other than pflemming...

Well played sir, I mean doctor, well played. To have pulled it off in it's entirety though, that comment should have waited until the next person registered so that you wouldn't be so easily outed by a simple piece of software.

Steve

I almost pulled that off, didn't I? You people are good. I've got to give you that. It is very difficult to stay two steps ahead of you. Possible, yes, because of my vast intellect I am able to prevail, but it is tough.

Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush?
Doc McStuffins?
Doc Savage?
Doctor Van Helsing?
Doctor Lecter?
Doctor Jekyll?
Dr. Richard Kimble?
Dr. Spengler?
Dr. Venkman?
Dr. Fu Manchu?
Dr. Frank-N-Furter?
Doctor Who?

No where near cool enough for Frankenfurter.:no:

I predict a banning and thread lock before that can happen.

No worries, I will come back as 2TonPilot and be all nice and meek and mild and infiltrate your ranks....

*evil laugh*

When we ban we ban the person not the username. Those that decide to come back eventually always get caught. If someone chooses to try to bypass our ban they are then breaking the law. Those that think we won't pursue that will find themselves surprised.

Did it this afternoon, and on purpose. I find non electronic pilotage to be a lot of fun. Took the plane out for my monthly(sometimes twice a month) maneuver practicing. After my clearing turns(which I did multiple times between different maneuvers) Did a few rounds of turn around a point(both right turns and left turns), followed by a dozen or so S turns, followed by a few rounds of turns around a pylon, and then some lazy eights. When I was done with that I did some chandelles to 5500 ft AGL, and then did some power on and power off stalls. At this point with all the turning, and what not, and one farm in the middle of florida looking pretty much like the next I truly did not know exactly where I was. My MFD was at full mag and so all I had was long and lat numbers. Well the next thing I did was an extended engine out glide which took me back down to 1000 ft(I would have made my chosen field anyhow). At this point it was time to head home(well actually to the non towered field northeast to do a few short field landings), but I did not know where I was. SO I got up to a few thousand feet to get my bearings, tried to figure out where I was(using my paper chart, and my eyeballs) and start heading to the field which was some 30 or 40 miles away(by my estimation). Once I felt pretty confident that I was where I thought I was I confirmed it with radials from two VORS. Flew the heading(using landmarks--a bare area in a field of green 5 or so miles ahead and then a small lake after that... ) and low and behold 20 minutes later I was on the radio announcing my position from the field. And then did my short field landings and then went home to my towered field. All my navigation done without the use of anything more than my eye balls, a paper chart, a heading indicator, and a VOR. Now I could have used my G1000 to do the same thing, but I had a lot more fun without. You should try it some time, you do not know what you are missing.
That's crazy talk!!! :loco::loco:

When are you going to be writing your article for the "Never Again" column? :D

It is nice that you are telling us a little about yourself. Now, why are you learning to fly? What sort of flying have you done already?

Thank you, this is quite a contrast to the other questions and comments I am getting. I think like everyone here, I have always wanted to fly. A co-worker of mine has a SR22 and he kind of got me hooked on it, and I decided to get into it. I really enjoyed the training but for some reason I get really nervous when I get tested. I did my training at a part 141 school and always screwed up the stage checks. Maybe this is not for me, since I know I will need to be continually tested. Sometimes (especially recently) I wonder that. I expect several replies to this note encouraging me to quit. I'm going to try one more time though to get through the final stage check which is the checkride and we will see. I can always just go flying with my buddy I suppose, and he will let me fly and land, etc. Do spins, barrel rolls, etc.

When we ban we ban the person not the username. Those that decide to come back eventually always get caught. If someone chooses to try to bypass our ban they are then breaking the law. Those that think we won't pursue that will find themselves surprised.

I know, I was joking. You have access to all the IP addresses, etc.

Ummm... neither are you. Probably never will be, either.

Assuming you do take the matter to an attorney -- which I very sincerely doubt, really -- your attorney will call it one of two things, depending on his or her ethics, level of boredom and personal attitude toward idiots. Either he or she will tell you honestly that you have absolutely no grounds for any sort of action and to go away and try acting like a grownup, or he'll bleed you for every dime in fees he can get, knowing that it's a colossal waste of time but still income.

Now, why do I really, sincerely doubt you'll take it to an attorney? Because, friend, I doubt you even know an attorney's name, let alone phone number. Your posts here indicate that you are such a spoiled, petulant child that you couldn't afford one even if you worked up the courage to call one. Lawyers don't take on things like this without cash up front, because they know it's a waste of time and effort. Life is not a TV show; Harvey Specter isn't going to ride to your rescue here. But, hey, chin up! Maybe Dr, Freedman will. Heck, he sure helped Hawkeye out of a tight spot once or twice.
Dale, he's going to pay the attorney with $500 bottles of wine. Duh. :rolleyes:

I did my training at a part 141 school and always screwed up the stage checks. I'm going to try one more time though to get through the final stage check which is the checkride

So wait, is it a stage test at a 141 school or a checkride with a DPE? Your story shifts too much to keep track of.

Allegedly. :nono:

That particular individual was posing a hypothetical question. For the record, I have never done anything illegal.

You don't speed?

Ever not come to a complete stop?

Is your license tag properly affixed with 4 bolts?

Ever change lanes without signaling?

Blow a 'pink' light?

Consume more alcohol than the BAC chart allows and then go driving?

Marijuana - - not even once?

Take someone elses Lorazepam when on a long flight?

Drink alcohol before 21?

Have oral relations with a woman in a state that bans it?

Have relations with a man in a state that bans it?

This list can get really long ......

You don't speed?

Ever not come to a complete stop?

Is your license tag properly affixed with 4 bolts?

Ever change lanes without signaling?

Blow a 'pink' light?

Consume more alcohol than the BAC chart allows and then go driving?

Marijuana - - not even once?

Take someone elses Lorazepam when on a long flight?

Drink alcohol before 21?

Have oral relations with a woman in a state that bans it?

Have relations with a man in a state that bans it?

This list can get really long ......

I need to retract my statement.

So wait, is it a stage test at a 141 school or a checkride with a DPE? Your story shifts too much to keep track of.

Checkride with DPE. I'm saying I've been known to screw up a 141 stage check too before I got to this point.

Thank you, this is quite a contrast to the other questions and comments I am getting. I think like everyone here, I have always wanted to fly. A co-worker of mine has a SR22 and he kind of got me hooked on it, and I decided to get into it. I really enjoyed the training but for some reason I get really nervous when I get tested. I did my training at a part 141 school and always screwed up the stage checks. Maybe this is not for me, since I know I will need to be continually tested. Sometimes (especially recently) I wonder that. I expect several replies to this note encouraging me to quit. I'm going to try one more time though to get through the final stage check which is the checkride and we will see. I can always just go flying with my buddy I suppose, and he will let me fly and land, etc. Do spins, barrel rolls, etc.

Your buddy lets you barrel roll and spin his Cirrus? That's awesome, I guess I should consider one when looking for a new aerobatic plane. Thanks!!

Steve

Just trying to help us get to 1000. :rofl:

Your buddy lets you barrel roll and spin his Cirrus? That's awesome, I guess I should consider one when looking for a new aerobatic plane. Thanks!!

Steve

Just trying to help us get to 1000. :rofl:

It's a GREAT plane to experiment in, because you can always pull the chute!

I can always just go flying with my buddy I suppose, and he will let me fly and land, etc. Do spins, barrel rolls, etc.

With friends like that, who needs enemas. You been doing all that in your training so far?

No matter how advanced technology gets, you still have to be able to get home when it all goes to hell.

If it all goes to hell, where you are is likely going to be home for a very long time.

It amazes me to think that if the balloon goes up and someone spends a couple million to EMP us back to the dark ages - my aircraft engine will start, the ADF will probably work [gotta find it and put it back in] and the mechanical Russian watch I own will once again tell time and the compass and watch will get me anywhere -

Speaking of celestial navigation, does the USNO still print that book every year? Or has that gone the way of the dodo bird too?

I can always just go flying with my buddy I suppose, and he will let me fly and land, etc. Do spins, barrel rolls, etc.

A seemingly innocent response followed by a few bites of Grade A flame bait.. good stuff!

That's not rude, that's a reality check, might be a rude awakening.... Seriously, as you post, you show all the significant signs of a person who will auger in.

But he'll auger in with a pax, because he obviously relishes an audience for his narcissism.

Back