Private checkride went horribly wrong!

Wasn't that a little snug, you and the big ol' dairy farmer? The two of you crammed up next to each other, sweat mingling, the unfortunate swapping of fluids that occurs in those cases? That is just not right.

I have only used female CFI's for that very reason. I am perhaps an overly dominant personality, it is true. Most people cannot resist me especially women.

But also I am actually an excellent pilot. That is why she signed me off.

Hmmm, so you don't know what a J-3 is either...:rofl:

Took this picture a couple hours ago. Practicing for Check ride.

eveningFlight.jpg

Practicing short field landings at KAFW. Perfect weather.

Another photo to help us get to 1000

Alliance.jpg

Hey Pete, Question. In that 2nd photo, what Radio call do you think I might be making?
Just curious. That is a 34 there on the end of the runway but I sometimes forget what calls I am supposed to make.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines!
152 to go.

Will we reach 1000 before.....nevermind. The rest of this question would put the thread into the Spin Zone.

Hey Pete, Question. In that 2nd photo, what Radio call do you think I might be making?
Just curious. That is a 34 there on the end of the runway but I sometimes forget what calls I am supposed to make.

Nice pictures.

I'd request the overhead break of course.

Really? what do you fly?

Not sure how that would be beneficial in a 160 hp plane that is about to turn downwind for a short field landing.

I have never tried that maneuver. Would like to know more about it. And again what plane you do it in.

Reporter: What kind of plane is it?

Johnny: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

Also, this is why you should never talk to the police at the DUI stop:

Slip a tab of acid in his coffee...
Not acid, iocane.
Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Man in Black: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
Man in Black, Vizzini: [Vizzini and the Man in Black drink]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.​

There once was a guy named pete
Whose checkride he was doomed to repeat
He got on a forum, lost his decorum
and now watches from his front row seat

Is there a limit on checkrides? Eventually, the CFI is going to get a talking to from FAA, or the DPE(s) are going to suddenly 'be busy', or something.

Maybe his written will run out first?

There once was a troll from Cornell
Whose plane was so heavy it fell
He opened some wine said he was fine
The rest of you all go to hell

This is fun

Pete and Repeat went on a check ride
Pete failed miserably, who was left?

Pete really wanted to fly
So he called the examiner guy
He said bring some paper, and Pete said "Whats that?"
Pete really still wants to fly

Last edited:
I cant stop!

Pete wanted to fly really bad
He got all the gadgets he had
He went to the test, Ignored a request
One day he'll fly really bad

He said he'd fly circles around
Had wisdom to completely astound
When I fly through the sky, so happy and high
I wave to him down on the ground.

Okay, so I do have an update (finally). I am going to do my checkride with a different DPE. I still don't know what is going to happen with the first one, and what action if any will come from the first one. My assumption is that my current medical is still valid if I have not heard otherwise, so it is in my best interest to get the checkride done as quickly as possible. Then if anything does come from psycho DPE #1, I can always point to the successful outcome from DPE #2 and question (again) the judgement and competence of the first one.

Now KenJr suggested that I take some, shall we say, "chemical help" to calm down my nerves a bit (thanks Ken, good suggestion). Seeing that I am not PIC during a checkride, I assume this is allowed. I'm not legally bound by the usual rules that I will be once I have the PPL (for example, currency requirements, etc), so that should be okay.

Okay, so I do have an update (finally). I am going to do my checkride with a different DPE. I still don't know what is going to happen with the first one, and what action if any will come from the first one. My assumption is that my current medical is still valid if I have not heard otherwise, so it is in my best interest to get the checkride done as quickly as possible. Then if anything does come from psycho DPE #1, I can always point to the successful outcome from DPE #2 and question (again) the judgement and competence of the first one.

Now KenJr suggested that I take some, shall we say, "chemical help" to calm down my nerves a bit (thanks Ken, good suggestion). Seeing that I am not PIC during a checkride, I assume this is allowed. I'm not legally bound by the usual rules that I will be once I have the PPL (for example, currency requirements, etc), so that should be okay.

Two wrong answers for your oral right there. Your check ride Examiner is your first passenger as PIC, until they take the plane over and tell you you failed.

Two wrong answers for your oral right there. Your check ride Examiner is your first passenger as PIC, until they take the plane over and tell you you failed.

But it is not REALLY PIC, is it? I know they say that but if you were to analyze the situation legally, how is it possible for the student to be legally PIC without a certificate.

If the DPE were to have some kind of unfortunate incident, for example, if he were to fall out (not pushed I hasten to add), then if the student is actually PIC until such time as the DPE touches any control then the student continues to be PIC once the DPE departs the plane?

Wow, you're confirming the ADM vibes from the first post.

Nobody can be THAT stupid. Ed, you've gone too far. Well, that happened about Post #5, but it's really too far now.

You're SO good that you can fly circles around us while stoned?

And who did you think is PIC during your checkride? I predict another airplaneless checkride....

You are required to be current, AND have training preparing for the checkride in the last 90 days (those are almost the same).

Matthew, on the off chance this guy is real (along with unicorns and the Tooth Fairy), and the further unlikeliness that he's found a stupid DPE, you're risking a DPE's life by encouraging that kind of fail. That's a bit too far.

I thought you said you were "good." The knowledge (not) displayed here is terrible.

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Jive Lady: Oh, stewardess! I speak jive.

Randy: Oh, good.

Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Jive Lady: [to the Second Jive Dude] Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da rebound on da med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Jive Lady: Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow!

But it is not REALLY PIC, is it? I know they say that but if you were to analyze the situation legally, how is it possible for the student to be legally PIC without a certificate.

If the DPE were to have some kind of unfortunate incident, for example, if he were to fall out (not pushed I hasten to add), then if the student is actually PIC until such time as the DPE touches any control then the student continues to be PIC once the DPE departs the plane?

PIC is whatever the law says it is. The law says you are PIC.

Wow, you're confirming the ADM vibes from the first post.

Nobody can be THAT stupid. Ed, you've gone too far. Well, that happened about Post #5, but it's really too far now.

You're SO good that you can fly circles around us while stoned?

And who did you think is PIC during your checkride? I predict another airplaneless checkride....

You are required to be current, AND have training preparing for the checkride in the last 90 days (those are almost the same).

Matthew, on the off chance this guy is real (along with unicorns and the Tooth Fairy), and the further unlikeliness that he's found a stupid DPE, you're risking a DPE's life by encouraging that kind of fail. That's a bit too far.

I thought you said you were "good." The knowledge (not) displayed here is terrible.

That is just so rude, I am speechless.

The way I see it, if it is not detected it did not happen. So for example, if I have a bloodtest and have 0 alcohol in my blood, it is irrelevant if I drank six hours earlier by myself. Nobody knows and it can never be proved. So if someone has a little help, for example cold medication, and nothing happens then it is totally acceptable.

Get off your high horse (or unicorn in your case).

Are you not PIC when you solo? You don't have a certificate in that situation, but it's still legal.

PIC is whatever the law says it is. The law says you are PIC.

Sometimes the law is wrong. I would challenge this one. Tell me how I go from being PIC to not being a PIC if the DPE departs the plane during the checkride. How does the "law" handle that.

**** the law anyway. The government is bankrupt.

Are you not PIC when you solo? You don't have a certificate in that situation, but it's still legal.

Okay, good point, but still wrong because my checkride could be in conditions that are outside my solo endorsement conditions. How is that case handled then?

But very good point, I need to make sure my CFI adds some endorsement to my solo that puts me outside the envelope during my checkride.

OK. You're right.

Kids, don't do drugs.

By the way, off topic, but who is Lady Malibu? Firstly I'm offended to be confused for a woman (WTF!) But secondly, who is that? Is there a FAQ anywhere with all the back history?

Back