Police murder child, refuse to allow mother to comfort him

LEOs give some poor kid the death sentence for tagging an abandoned house and you guys stand right behind them. This site should be Fascists of America.

I'd much rather interact with gang bangers than cops. Way safer.

Straw Man if I ever saw one.

If there was wrongdoing on the part of the police, it should be exposed and punished. I have not seen anyone arguing to the contrary.

For the most part I think what is being proposed by your "opponents" is no rush to judgment with the accompanying inflammatory and prejudicial language.

"Poor kid"? "Death sentence"? "Murder"? Maybe tone down the rhetoric a little and we can tease out what really happened here.

And then pass judgment.

LOL. He got the joy of dealing with the Colorado traffic courts. Anyone attempting to fight them ends up bitter. There's virtually no beating it.

Been some fun expose' stuff lately on how towns are collecting more than 50% of their entire municipal income by setting speed traps under the false auspices of "safety" in rural areas.

Denver and suburbs silliness of making all traffic stuff a non-trial non-legal-process system to "speed up" the process in the front range overcrowded cities, is effectively leveraged by the mostly under-represented (politically) rural population as a great way to milk the city-folk for money. Heh.

Around the time of the Ferguson riots there was a lot of scrutiny of the St. Louis area and how the various municipalities collect their revenue. Ferguson collects something like 60% or more of their revenue from traffic citations.

Police in some areas of St. Louis are unfortunately not much more than taxmen/women. Municipalities need to get over this fear of raising their tax rates and let the police get back to doing what they're supposed to do and stop it with the asinine ordinances that exist solely to bring in revenue.

Also, I feel the need to point out that I've always considered the number of municipalities in St. Louis County absurd. There are 90 municipalities in a county that occupies 524 square miles. Each has their own city council and their own ordinances and traffic laws. Try driving through one of them without breaking some kind of local law, it's almost impossible. I love St. Louis, but in some ways it is the most ridiculous place I can imagine.

This thread belongs in the spin zone, solely because of the inflammatory and misleading title. The deceased is not a child but an adult. And it was a police involved shooting from two days ago that has not been adjudicated a murder. The title of this thread was written to be controversial.

Language. Words have meaning. Even reading the very slanted article, I saw nothing about a "murder" and nothing about a "child." But the hatred of Police is obvious just from the thread title.

We know for certain that this is just about hatred of cops and not about murdered children. More children are murdered, actually murdered, just in Chicago every weekend, than by cops in a decade. But not two ****s worth of the righteous indignation in this thread will be spent on them. Despite the fact that those actual murders will likely go completely unsolved, while this shooting will be investigated under a microscope. But you don't care about them, because they weren't shot by cops.

And I don't think many of you realize how silly the hyperbole makes you look. No, burglary and criminal mischief do not usually warrant a death sentence. But that's not remotely what happened here. A criminal, committing a crime, drew the attention of the police during the commission of the crime. During the interaction with police, the criminal made a gesture that the police regarded as threatening, and was shot.

Now, someone wake me up when you find one of these poster boys who's actually "innocent."

Wart hog, you're a troll. You're bleeding heart should be relocated to Baltimore and your mission should be to help all those poor folks of color back there that the police are mistreating so badly..

Just curious...

What does the "typical gang banger" look like? Do you have a detailed description for all of us so we will be able to identify one in the future?

Spent most of my adult life in SoCal. It's hard to discribe, but it's a way they carry themselves, clothing, speech..... Much like you can spot white trash in Walmart. It's painfully obvious.

Or you can go look at his Facebook page and all the gang activity he posts about....:yes:

Wart hog, you're a troll. You're bleeding heart should be relocated to Baltimore and your mission should be to help all those poor folks of color back there that the police are mistreating so badly..

Yeah, I'm a troll :rolleyes:. Because after the entire PD wound up under a consent decree, I'd expect the police to differentiate 2 women doing a paper route from a very large and violent black man before shooting. Or maybe follow the example of other cities and spend time walking the beat and getting to know the people. Crazy idea, only works in those edens of peace and love like Bellwood and W Garfield Park, but worth a try.

Sorry bout that I'm meant sky dawg wart dawg what ever the original poster is. Sorry for the confusion :(

My child is 45. If he is shot and killed by a policeman who won't allow me to go to my child to comfort him as he dies, that is intolerable, improper, deplorable, offensive and unsupportable. I am his mother and he is my child.

We know for certain that this is just about hatred of cops and not about murdered children. More children are murdered, actually murdered, just in Chicago every weekend, than by cops in a decade. But not two ****s worth of the righteous indignation in this thread will be spent on them. Despite the fact that those actual murders will likely go completely unsolved, while this shooting will be investigated under a microscope. But you don't care about them, because they weren't shot by cops.

And I don't think many of you realize how silly the hyperbole makes you look. No, burglary and criminal mischief do not usually warrant a death sentence

The problem is that gangbangers generally keep their $*** contained to their fellow gangs or the local hood. The police are more ecumenical with their shootings, leave bodies in streets, do it under official cover, and then have people fawning over their teenage p***ing contest.

It's beyond time to de-escalate the tendency to reach for a weapon at every stop, police need to put community welfare above their own, and communities need to reestablish collective parenting.

Put 2 people in units again, leave the Kevlar behind or under a uniform, reduce SWAT teams, start talking to the public without fishing for info, etc...

Police have lost the public trust, and they need to earn it back.

I'd also say it's the monstrous decision to refuse the comfort of his mother, even after they had determined that he was unarmed and unlikely to live.

Sounds like you need your mommy. And your binky. :lol::D

This is the real problem and can't be understated. Right now we have cops out on the street scared because of all the videos they've seen of people like them getting shot in traffic stops + all the twitter/social media threats we're seeing.

Then we've got a bunch of black people scared of the police because of what they've seen in the media on guard with the police.... which of course looks suspicious as hell at night on the side of the road.

This is just a recipe for disaster. I don't care who is right or wrong that's a powder keg waiting to go off somewhere.

If you want to sit around talking about how all these people would have been fine if they'd obeyed the law, fine. If you want to point out many of these cases where the cops did nothing wrong, fine(I can find more cases where they did everything wrong I bet). That won't mean much when a bunch of scared and ****ed off people start shooting at each other.

Anyone found the common denominator yet with all these supposed uncalled for shootings?

Yep.....I did.......

They were all engaged in a crime....(insert shocked look)

I have an idea.....don't......commit......crimes. Maybe then the cops will stop shooting at you. Just a though, yah know.

I thinks it's rather sad about all the whining and stick shaking towards the cops. Do you realize WHO you are defending? A criminal.

Just like a miner knows it's dangerous to work in a mine. Just as an electrician knows he might be killed one day. Or a motorcycle racer might be killed. Crooks accept the risk inherent to their "job".

But alas, the bleeding hearts see it on CNN and take it as gospel. Ignorance is bliss.....

The problem is that gangbangers generally keep their $*** contained to their fellow gangs or the local hood. The police are more ecumenical with their shootings, leave bodies in streets, do it under official cover, and then have people fawning over their teenage p***ing contest.

It's beyond time to de-escalate the tendency to reach for a weapon at every stop, police need to put community welfare above their own, and communities need to reestablish collective parenting.

Put 2 people in units again, leave the Kevlar behind or under a uniform, reduce SWAT teams, start talking to the public without fishing for info, etc...

The issue is people still want the old timey "Mayberry Police" but we don't have the same issues that "Mayberry PD" had. There is a difference between the criminals of yesterday and modern criminals and to deal with the evolution of crime, the police have to evolve as well.

Also you can't just assume that all departments handle their communities the same way. Around here police officers do visit with the community, we do attend community events, we do this without fishing for info (unless you count asking residents about complaints they have in their neighborhood). We don't have a SWAT team and we wear our Kevlar under our under our uniforms.

Maybe we just do things a little differently in the South, especially in smaller, less populated areas. Then again we don't generally have the same issues as they do in densely populated areas.

For what it's worth, I have been in law enforcement for almost 8 years, never once have I nor have I heard another officer start out the day with the intent to hurt or kill someone.

This is the real problem and can't be understated. Right now we have cops out on the street scared because of all the videos they've seen of people like them getting shot in traffic stops + all the twitter/social media threats we're seeing.

Then we've got a bunch of black people scared of the police because of what they've seen in the media on guard with the police.... which of course looks suspicious as hell at night on the side of the road.

This is just a recipe for disaster. I don't care who is right or wrong that's a powder keg waiting to go off somewhere.

If you want to sit around talking about how all these people would have been fine if they'd obeyed the law, fine. If you want to point out many of these cases where the cops did nothing wrong, fine(I can find more cases where they did everything wrong I bet). That won't mean much when a bunch of scared and ****ed off people start shooting at each other.

Show me these videos of a cop getting shot during traffic stops. I think you'll find maybe 3 or 4.

I can show you dozens if not hundreds of people being beaten by police officers.

Anyone found the common denominator yet with all these supposed uncalled for shootings?

Yep.....I did.......

I have an idea.....don't......commit......crimes. Maybe then the cops will stop shooting at you. Just a though, yah know.

I thinks it's rather sad about all the whining and stick shaking towards the cops. Do you realize WHO you are defending? A criminal.

Just like a miner knows it's dangerous to work in a mine. Just as an electrician knows he might be killed one day. Or a motorcycle racer might be killed. Crooks accept the risk inherent to their "job".

But alas, the bleeding hearts see it on CNN and take it as gospel. Ignorance is bliss.....

I've never defended criminals. Criminals should face punishment that fits the crime they committed. Traffic stop shouldn't equal death. Breaking and entering shouldn't equal death. Hell, punching a police officer in the face shouldn't equal death.

Deadly force should be met with deadly force. Nothing lower deserves it.

Yep.....I did.......

Unless you are in LA, look suspicious, or otherwise have bad luck - than the city will pay for the pain of the police unjustifably shooting the papergirl.

That's true.... They pay out most of the time. It's just cheaper that taking it to a civil trial. It's all about dem dollar bills in the long run.

The issue is people still want the old timey "Mayberry Police" but we don't have the same issues that "Mayberry PD" had. There is a difference between the criminals of yesterday and modern criminals and to deal with the evolution of crime, the police have to evolve as well.

For what it's worth, I have been in law enforcement for almost 8 years, never once have I nor have I heard another officer start out the day with the intent to hurt or kill someone.

Best policeman I ever saw was in a high crIme city- part time best cop, SRO, and coach.

He de escalated many situations, had the trust of the community, and kept a lot of kids from bad paths.

Still had 21st century issues, but a lot more beneficial and peaceful solutions.

As opposed to some others I've met, who basically want to flex on someone. Their stats were not so good.

I'm not gonna waste my time on all your links, but your ignorance is shining bright. Exerpt:

“Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny,” writes Newsmax’s Jim Meyers, taking his information from the WSJ report.

(Interesting side note: That would make Garner’s first arrest at just 10-years-old, which calls into question how WSJ got its info since those early records should, by all accounts, be unavailable to the public considering Garner was a juvenile at the time he was brought in for the unspecified offense.)

Meyers notes that at the time of Garner’s death, he was “out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation.”

Former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik, adding meat to Meyers’ report, attempts to place the death of Eric Garner on the man himself, noting that on the day of Garner’s death, he was illegally selling untaxed cigarettes, and that he is technically resisting arrest in the now-viral video depicting his death.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1659026/er...-years-including-assault/#wD7RqH5tKifdr3W6.99

Show me these videos of a cop getting shot during traffic stops. I think you'll find maybe 3 or 4.

I can show you dozens if not hundreds of people being beaten by police officers.

Doesn't matter if it's common or not. These videos are what cops pass around to each other online and view in training videos. It's what they fear might happen every traffic stop. They act accordingly even if 99% of the time there's nothing to worry about.

Likewise, a law abiding black person is going to be safe 99% of the time they get pulled over. They've seen the videos of other black folks getting beaten up or killed by the police. That's what they're thinking about too.. they act accordingly.

They act nervous... roll windows down only 1/2", etc. This looks suspicious... the cop is nervous and escalates things. They escalate things.... and then everyone ends up on the news.

Gotta address both sides of the issue. The easiest thing we can do is work on cleaning up the image of the police. A little less Rambo and a little more Barney Fife would go a long way towards that goal.

There needs to be some work from within in the black community but that isn't something I can do much about or have much influence on so I won't say much there..

I'm not gonna waste my time on all your links, but your ignorance is shining bright. Exerpt:

“Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny,” writes Newsmax’s Jim Meyers, taking his information from the WSJ report.

(Interesting side note: That would make Garner’s first arrest at just 10-years-old, which calls into question how WSJ got its info since those early records should, by all accounts, be unavailable to the public considering Garner was a juvenile at the time he was brought in for the unspecified offense.)

Meyers notes that at the time of Garner’s death, he was “out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation.”

Former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik, adding meat to Meyers’ report, attempts to place the death of Eric Garner on the man himself, noting that on the day of Garner’s death, he was illegally selling untaxed cigarettes, and that he is technically resisting arrest in the now-viral video depicting his death.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1659026/er...-years-including-assault/#wD7RqH5tKifdr3W6.99

So now your argument isn't that they were in the act of committing a crime, but rather than they had committed crimes in the past (and served their time, mind you), so the shoot was justified?

Doesn't matter if it's common or not. These videos are what cops pass around to each other online and view in training videos. It's what they fear might happen every traffic stop. They act accordingly even if 99% of the time there's nothing to worry about.

Likewise, a law abiding black person is going to be safe 99% of the time they get pulled over. They've seen the videos of other black folks getting beaten up or killed by the police. That's what they're thinking about too.. they act accordingly.

They act nervous... roll windows down only 1/2", etc. This looks suspicious... the cop is nervous and escalates things. They escalate things.... and then everyone ends up on the news.

Gotta address both sides of the issue. The easiest thing we can do is work on cleaning up the image of the police. A little less Rambo and a little more Barney Fife would go a long way towards that goal.

There needs to be some work from within in the black community but that isn't something I can do much about or have much influence on so I won't say much there..

Agreed. The problem is perception on both sides. Neither one is particularly at any significant risk of being killed by the other. However, when one side does kill the other, only one side is at risk of being put in jail in most cases.

Even if we jack the rate of stops "where there's nothing to worry about" up to 99.9%, that's still one in a thousand.

An officer making an average number of stops per shift will hit that threshold several times in a career.

One gets trained to expect the unexpected, as it were.

Yep.....I did.......

Is shooting an unarmed man a criminal act? How about breaking a guy up while he's cuffed in the back of a van... the result being death? Common denominator?:rolleyes2:

In the Baltimore case one of the most damning aspects was there was allegedly no cause to arrest in the first place.

It's not illegal to run from the police, and placing someone in custody without probable cause is a very serious offense.

Taken from the below NYT article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/u...port-given-to-baltimore-prosecutors.html?_r=0

The Baltimore chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police, the officers’ union, defended their conduct [the accused officer's] and called on Ms. Mosby to remove herself from the case and hand it over to a special prosecutor — an idea she dismissed out of hand.

“As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray,” Gene Ryan, president of the union chapter, wrote in an open letter to the state’s attorney.

So... where is the outrage that the FOP is taking this position from police officers? I can see why everyone sees a "protect their own" instead of a "protect the public" mentality.

You expressed my feelings exactly, thank you. And, honestly, I think 75% of folks here agree with you. And if 75% of rich conservative white guys feel the cops can't be trusted, then it's a huge issue for both the cops and the nation.

Yep.....I did.......

Ummm...no. The guy in NC was pulled over because he was a black man driving a nice car (i.e. he was profiled). He had a tail light out but it's been stated that only one tail light is required in NC.

And, as I've said before, there is no way you can honestly say that you've never broken a law.

Sky hog, would you like to tell us about your interactions with the police?

Last edited:
Sky hog, would you like to tell us about your interactions work the police?

even better, Can he explain how much time he spends in the projects and, or is it a place that him and his friends talk about that place and those poor people. I'm sure he isn't going into those neighborhoods to buy his coffee and have lunch.

Correct headline is officer shoots young man who broke into abandoned home and was painting gang signs, according to the LA Times anyway.

I suppose all the bleeding hearts out there think the cops should just let stuff like B&E, vandalism, drug sales/purchase/use, etc., just go - and if the officer has a reason to suspect his life is in danger to just wait and let the poor innocent chirren shoot them first, just to be fair.

I am so tired of this pathetic 'bloodthirsty' 'racist' cops trope - everyone who falls for this manipulative manufactured outrage should be damned ashamed of themselves for the level of stupidity on display.

Truly pathetic display of an abject lack of critical thinking. It's like the entire planet is turning into Bizzaro World

Pretty soon the cops are just gonna stop doing their jobs because all they get is grief from useful idiots.

In other news, there were several hundred thousand interactions between law enforcement and citizens today that did not result in injury or death to either party.

Fortunately for everyone there is an excellent training video available that deals with these subjects.

'Gimp

This exactly damn this.

Back