Police murder child, refuse to allow mother to comfort him

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/hector-morejon-police-shooting_n_7165106.html

"Mommy, Mommy, please come, please come."

Hector Morejon, the youngest of five children, made that plea for help after he was shot by a Long Beach, California, police officer, who allegedly thought the 19-year-old was in possession of a firearm Thursday afternoon.

The teen, who Lucia Morejon's attorney says was unarmed, directed the cries for help toward his mother when she saw him in an ambulance directly after the shooting.

His final words to his mother came, the attorney alleges, after police denied Lucia Morejon access to her son before the ambulance drove away.

But they're not monsters, right?

SZ material

19 years old is hardly a child and he was indeed in the process of committing a felony at the time.

19 years old is hardly a child and he was indeed in the process of committing a felony at the time.

Did they update the article? When I read it, nothing was said about any sort of crime being commited...be that as it may, does that warrant a death penalty?

The pot is going to be stirred by the media... that's kinda there job.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that an unarmed person was shot and killed. The ones that did it will likely be given mandatory vacation as punishment. Is it really worth arguing how old he was?

I'm sure some fine kids working for our military cried for their mommy to come today, too. If not today, soon. And some younger than felony-boy there.

You mean the ones that volunteered to be there and had guns to protect themselves, or did you mean another set of children standing unarmed in a vacant building that were also shot by the bloodthirsty?

19 is a child.

nope. sure, there are 19 year people who act without any common sense, who do profoundly childish things. But a 19 year old person is definitely not a child.

You mean the ones that volunteered to be there and had guns to protect themselves, or did you mean another set of children standing unarmed in a vacant building that were also shot by the bloodthirsty?

Many of those aren't unarmed... and aren't children. And haven't acted like children for many years by the time they're 19.

Or why would no one be surprised when...

"...who allegedly thought the 19-year-old was in possession of a firearm..."

It's not the age it's the fact that he was unarmed. Will have to see the reports ,after an investigation,to see why they used lethal force.

Looks like a typical gang banger to me. I'd be interesting to see his rap sheet. I'd put money on it he's a thug. Just look at how he holds himself in the picture.

I see a payout either way it goes though.....

It's not the age it's the fact that he was unarmed. Will have to see the reports ,after an investigation,to see why they used lethal force.

I'd also say it's the monstrous decision to refuse the comfort of his mother, even after they had determined that he was unarmed and unlikely to live.

Looks like a typical gang banger to me.

Just curious...

What does the "typical gang banger" look like? Do you have a detailed description for all of us so we will be able to identify one in the future?

19 is a child.

OMG! There are children operating nuclear reactors in the US Navy! Are we insane?

BTW, HP correctly called him a TEEN. Your 'child' label is inaccurate and intentionally misleading.

That said, it sure would be nice if someone did an INDEPENDENT investigation of this, and other, deaths. I don't put much faith in organizations that can investigate, and clear, themselves.

The police have a real public relations problem right now. Even if they're totally in the right in a lot of these cases and even if 99% of them are good guys(and I think they are) they still have this problem.

Maybe a step away from the militarized look, intimidation tactics, heavy handed approach is called for. As it stands now the very people they often need talking are the ones afraid of them.

The police have a real public relations problem right now. Even if they're totally in the right in a lot of these cases and even if 99% of them are good guys(and I think they are) they still have this problem.

Maybe a step away from the militarized look, intimidation tactics, heavy handed approach is called for. As it stands now the very people they often need talking are the ones afraid of them.

Or maybe if the good ones did something about the bad ones, we'd believe that they are looking out for the public's best interest and not their own.

Correct headline is officer shoots young man who broke into abandoned home and was painting gang signs, according to the LA Times anyway.

I suppose all the bleeding hearts out there think the cops should just let stuff like B&E, vandalism, drug sales/purchase/use, etc., just go - and if the officer has a reason to suspect his life is in danger to just wait and let the poor innocent chirren shoot them first, just to be fair.

I am so tired of this pathetic 'bloodthirsty' 'racist' cops trope - everyone who falls for this manipulative manufactured outrage should be damned ashamed of themselves for the level of stupidity on display.

Truly pathetic display of an abject lack of critical thinking. It's like the entire planet is turning into Bizzaro World

Pretty soon the cops are just gonna stop doing their jobs because all they get is grief from useful idiots.

In other news, there were several hundred thousand interactions between law enforcement and citizens today that did not result in injury or death to either party.

Fortunately for everyone there is an excellent training video available that deals with these subjects.

'Gimp

AcroGimp said:
Pretty soon the cops are just gonna stop doing their jobs because all they get is grief from useful idiots.

Perhaps they should. Violence and brutality went significantly down when NYPD did it. Notice that they quietly started back up once that tactic backfired...

In other news, there were several hundred thousand interactions between law enforcement and citizens today that did not result in injury or death to either party.

How many interactions did Sadam Hussein have with his citizens that didn't result in their death? Does that mean he was a good leader?

A better question is "how many police officers were arrested for breaking the law today?" The answer is none.

SkyHog,

Can you show us on the doll where the bad police officer touched you?

LOL. He got the joy of dealing with the Colorado traffic courts. Anyone attempting to fight them ends up bitter. There's virtually no beating it.

Been some fun expose' stuff lately on how towns are collecting more than 50% of their entire municipal income by setting speed traps under the false auspices of "safety" in rural areas.

Denver and suburbs silliness of making all traffic stuff a non-trial non-legal-process system to "speed up" the process in the front range overcrowded cities, is effectively leveraged by the mostly under-represented (politically) rural population as a great way to milk the city-folk for money. Heh.

I'd also say it's the monstrous decision to refuse the comfort of his mother, even after they had determined that he was unarmed and unlikely to live.

IF any part of this story is actually true, that indicts the entire responding force, in my opinion.

First off, where does it say the police refused to allow the mother to get into the ambulance? It says 'they'. "They' are just as likely to be the paramedics who were transporting the SUSPECT to the hospital.

Correct headline is officer shoots young man who broke into abandoned home and was painting gang signs, according to the LA Times anyway.

I suppose all the bleeding hearts out there think the cops should just let stuff like B&E, vandalism, drug sales/purchase/use, etc., just go - and if the officer has a reason to suspect his life is in danger to just wait and let the poor innocent chirren shoot them first, just to be fair.

I am so tired of this pathetic 'bloodthirsty' 'racist' cops trope - everyone who falls for this manipulative manufactured outrage should be damned ashamed of themselves for the level of stupidity on display.

Truly pathetic display of an abject lack of critical thinking. It's like the entire planet is turning into Bizzaro World

Fortunately for everyone there is an excellent training video available that deals with these subjects.

'Gimp

Well said, Gimp.

Did they update the article? When I read it, nothing was said about any sort of crime being commited...be that as it may, does that warrant a death penalty?

Nope, they responded to what was supposed to be a vacant house and found this ADULT inside of it. In California, we call that Burglary, and even in the case of an unoccupied structure (second degree), it's still a felony.

Would you have rather that the cops died in the line of duty because they decided to wait to find out if the rod in his hand was a firearm or not?

While we've got a lot of issues with inappropriate response of the police, this one (at least until the point of blocking the mother getting to the ambulance), this one doesn't appear to be one of them.

I think that all police officers should refuse to go to work for a month. I would bet the same people who seem so intent on crucifying all cops would be the same ones raising hell because they were not there. Bet they would be damn glad to have them back at work !!!!. As for the case of the young man in this thread and other recent cases as in Baltimore, I for one will wait to hear the whole story, not just a tv news spot , and then I will decide what is right and wrong. If an officer is in the wrong then he or she should should take the consequences of their actions. There can be no doubt there are bad cops just as there are bad people in all walks of life. But I do believe they are a very small minority. Often the so called victims in these cases created the very situation which caused their demise. Many of the people in the communities where the majority of these cases seem to happen are the same ones who whine that there is too much violence where they live. When they start teaching their kids to behave much of that would cease to happen. I guess it is just too easy to ignore the kids running around with guns you can be dam sure that when a cop kills one of them to protect themselves or a citizen, then the people will stand right up to demand justice. Why are they not so eager to see justice when it is their son or brother who just killed someone ???. He gets 5 years and they complain how unfair it is. Amazing how their is such a double standard as to what justice is. I for one am sick of it. If people want things to improve then I doubt looting and burning is going to help.

First off, where does it say the police refused to allow the mother to get into the ambulance? It says 'they'. "They' are just as likely to be the paramedics who were transporting the SUSPECT to the hospital.

Exactly!! If you're talking (yelling "mommy" or whatever), no one has determined you're not going to make it. The paramedics were most certainly trying to transport ASAP. If you honestly think anyone was being cruel by not stopping to let his mother console him you just don't understand the priority. It's called the golden hour in trauma.

As for 19 being a child...not hardly. But, we are all someone's child :sad:

Your title (to me) is a micro chasm of today's media.
It uses verbiage to sensationalize something that may or may not be what the text claims it to be.

You have created some click bait for us.

I think that all police officers should refuse to go to work for a month. I would bet the same people who seem so intent on crucifying all cops would be the same ones raising hell because they were not there. Bet they would be damn glad to have them back at work !!!!. As for the case of the young man in this thread and other recent cases as in Baltimore, I for one will wait to hear the whole story, not just a tv news spot , and then I will decide what is right and wrong. If an officer is in the wrong then he or she should should take the consequences of their actions. There can be no doubt there are bad cops just as there are bad people in all walks of life. But I do believe they are a very small minority. Often the so called victims in these cases created the very situation which caused their demise. Many of the people in the communities where the majority of these cases seem to happen are the same ones who whine that there is too much violence where they live. When they start teaching their kids to behave much of that would cease to happen. I guess it is just too easy to ignore the kids running around with guns you can be dam sure that when a cop kills one of them to protect themselves or a citizen, then the people will stand right up to demand justice. Why are they not so eager to see justice when it is their son or brother who just killed someone ???. He gets 5 years and they complain how unfair it is. Amazing how their is such a double standard as to what justice is. I for one am sick of it. If people want things to improve then I doubt looting and burning is going to help.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:..

I nominate this as the best post of the year...:yes:

I am so tired of this pathetic 'bloodthirsty' 'racist' cops

I'm a middle-class white male with no felony flags or egregious antisocial tendencies. I've been in rough neighborhoods before and I used to think like you. Than I moved near LA.

After living through the Dorner fiasco with LAPD and LASD shooting anything that moves- whether it had any resemblance to their suspect or not- and seeing a variety of less-than-upstanding conduct by other police forces... quite frankly I'm now more scared of the police than I ever was of the gangbangers, methheads, and other associated crazies I've dealt with and that the police are nominally "protecting" us from.

So if anyone suggests disbanding the police throughout SoCal for a month and bringing armed self-defense and communal supervision back, I'm all for it!

What a shame the kid fell in with a gang.

Have you ever been a paramedic trying to save someone's life with a mother trying to hug her baby? Hard to work on a patient with a mom in the way. Use some common sense.

I thought we gave the police a non lethal way to deal with people so they did not have to shoot every person they come into contact with. Seems like the gun is the weapon of choice.

I think to many of these cops played to much grand theft auto before becoming officers.

Back