Police murder child, refuse to allow mother to comfort him

So now your argument isn't that they were in the act of committing a crime, but rather than they had committed crimes in the past (and served their time, mind you), so the shoot was justified?

Seriously.....can you read or do you simplest edit the facts to your liking? He was UNDER ARREST and RESISTING ARREST when he was placed in a neck restraint. I'm not saying the man deserved to die for selling bogus smokes. But a career criminal fighting the cops is what we have here. If your gonna use violence, your gonna get it right back from the cops.

If you think for one second the cops were trying to exicute this slob, your living in a liberal pipe dream. They were trying to restrain this guy to get him cuffed up and off to the clink. **** just went sideways.

But I don't expect you to have any real perspective of what happened here. I'll bet you have never dirtied your hands before in a fight, let alone had to deal with the kind of **** cops do daily. Do you consider a paper cut a bad day at work? Judging by your posts, I'd say that's affirmative.

Seriously.....can you read or do you simplest edit the facts to your liking? He was UNDER ARREST and RESISTING ARREST when he was placed in a neck restraint. I'm not saying the man deserved to die for selling bogus smokes. But a career criminal fighting the cops is what we have here. If your gonna use violence, your gonna get it right back from the cops.

If you think for one second the cops were trying to exicute this slob, your living in a liberal pipe dream. They were trying to restrain this guy to get him cuffed up and off to the clink. **** just went sideways.

But I don't expect you to have any real perspective of what happened here. I'll bet you have never dirtied your hands before in a fight, let alone had to deal with the kind of **** cops do daily. Do you consider a paper cut a bad day at work? Judging by your posts, I'd say that's affirmative.

Yep. Never been in a fight in my life, nor tried to stop one or "get my hands dirty," like maybe in a bar in Minneapolis (witnesses here can defend that one) or had my run in with criminals or anything in the years I lived in Albuquerque.

I'm such a vagina.

Exhibit A for the need in police reform, ladies and gentlemen. :mad2:

A man died for selling cigs and your attitude is "it's his fault "?:confused:

Over the years I have been stopped many times by the police at all times of the day and night. Usually it was for speeding or some other traffic offense. Generally I was guilty and I have never been mistreated by an officer when stopped. Then again I showed them the same respect and courtesy which I expect to recieve. Amazing how well that works out. I have also had the horrible experience of dealing with a Swat team . They entered a deranged family members home knowing he had a gun and would use it, he already had once that day . I had no choice but to tell them that he was completely insane and would likely use the gun on anyone. You see earlier in the day when I had no choice but to try to take a gun from him it ended up pointed right in my face and then I saw the hammer fall and heard the click".................why it did not fire I will never know in this life at least. I took the gun from him and called the police, he locked himself in the house with other weapons. Later I checked and the gun was loaded and the bullet had been hit, I placed it back into the gun and pulled the trigger, it fired. Knowing they faced a deadly insane person the entered his home and then I heard three loud bangs. A part of me died, certain my brother or a police officer had just lost their life. I found out later the sounds were flash bang grenades . They brought him out and treated him gently and with kindness. I have never met a group of men with more courage and compassion than them. They risked their lives to protect others , even the man who might well have shot one of them. Will I wait to hear the facts before judging a police officer ????. Damn right I will. They have my respect and my appreciation for what they do. If they are wrong then like the rest of us they should pay the price, but they deserve like the rest of us, "to be innocent until proven guilty."

My child is 45. If he is shot and killed by a policeman who won't allow me to go to my child to comfort him as he dies, that is intolerable, improper, deplorable, offensive and unsupportable. I am his mother and he is my child.

Hate to tell you this, but get used to the idea.

ER staff are some of the most assaulted professionals in the country and its getting worse. It doesn't matter if you're friends, family, significant others, or "mommie", police, paramedics, and ER staff are going to keep you and everyone else away from a patient who's being transported and even after they arrive if they were involved in a police shooting. It's for their safety, and it's not negotiable.

Frenzied family of people not involved with police slug ER workers daily in every city in the country, when they see the Doc take a scalpel to their chest to crack it open and do CPR by direct manipulation. Or name any other common ER technique for saving lives.

Paramedics are beaten up by "mommie" who in her emotional state thinks the best thing for her child is to take them "home" while the paramedics are working their asses off to stabilize and transport NOW.

Your emotions aren't their job. If something like you described ever does happen to your kid, you'll be kept at a safe distance throughout and you won't be joining them in the ambulance.

Show me these videos of a cop getting shot during traffic stops. I think you'll find maybe 3 or 4.

I can show you dozens if not hundreds of people being beaten by police officers.

Lots more than that. All one has to do is look up the number of deaths of Officers on the job each year to see this. You're smarter than that.

Last edited:
Exhibit A for the need in police reform, ladies and gentlemen. :mad2:

A man died for selling cigs and your attitude is "it's his fault "?:confused:

It could have been jaywalking, but once you resist arret, you bring it to a whole new ball game.

Lots more than that. All one has to do is look up the number of deaths of Officers on the job each year to see this. You're smarter than that.

No doubt, LEO's have a tough job. And like the general public, a certain percentage will be bad.........

As for LEO deaths... I seem to remember reading that the vast majority are from motor vehicle accidents.... Some cannot drive safely if their life depends on it.... And that is where the death stats come from...:sad:

As for LEO deaths... I seem to remember reading that the vast majority are from motor vehicle accidents.... Some cannot drive safely if their life depends on it.... And that is where the death stats come from...:sad:

For 2013 it was 27 murdered and 49 accidental deaths. Out of the accidents, 23 were auto accidents, 9 were struck by cars and 4 were motorcycle accidents (the rest falls, drownings, plane crash). In 2012, it was 50/50 between murders and accidents.

Not really the 'vast majority' and a number of the accidents happen in situations a normal driver never gets into.

For 2013 it was 27 murdered and 49 accidental deaths. Out of the accidents, 23 were auto accidents, 9 were struck by cars and 4 were motorcycle accidents (the rest falls, drownings, plane crash). In 2012, it was 50/50 between murders and accidents.

Not really the 'vast majority' and a number of the accidents happen in situations a normal driver never gets into.

Care to share the source of that information ?

Thanks in advance...

Actual stats from 2013. Taken from the Officer Down Memorial Page.

Line of Duty Deaths: 114
9/11 related illness: 6
Aircraft accident: 1
Automobile accident: 25
Boating accident: 1
Bomb: 1
Drowned: 2
Duty related illness: 3
Electrocuted: 1
Fall: 4
Fire: 1
Gunfire: 31
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 10
Motorcycle accident: 5
Stabbed: 2
Struck by vehicle: 8
Training accident: 2
Vehicle pursuit: 4
Vehicular assault: 5

Well, charges are on file now- Murder 2, manslaughter, false imprisonment, and misconduct.

We'll see how it shakes out in court.

Kudos to the SA for not dragging things out, whatever the final disposition is.

I'm such a vagina.

FINALLY something true comes out from under the rock.
You need to find a country that is as screwed up as you need to be happy. This is obviously not the right place for you. :yesnod:

Actual stats from 2013. Taken from the Officer Down Memorial Page.

Line of Duty Deaths: 114
9/11 related illness: 6
Aircraft accident: 1
Automobile accident: 25
Boating accident: 1
Bomb: 1
Drowned: 2
Duty related illness: 3
Electrocuted: 1
Fall: 4
Fire: 1
Gunfire: 31
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 10
Motorcycle accident: 5
Stabbed: 2
Struck by vehicle: 8
Training accident: 2
Vehicle pursuit: 4
Vehicular assault: 5

My rough count shows 38 of 114 at the hands of an assailant*. Just under half.

So the majority were not. The quibble I think was with the characterization of "vast majority" being accidental. More accurate would be a "slight majority", or just "a majority".

Agreed?

*Assuming "struck by vehicle" incident were accidental in nature.

So the majority were not. The quibble I think was with the characterization of "vast majority" being accidental. More accurate would be a "slight majority", or just "a majority".

Agreed?

Agreed......

Assuming the stats are correct......

They do come from a Pro Police org though.......

Agreed?

In what world is 1/3 (33%) just under half and 67% not a vast majority?

Agreed?

Just posted for info since someone asked, I wasn't debating.

Granted it is from a "pro police org" but you can verify the stats, go to the page and look at the line for duty deaths for 2013, it will give you the back story and a photo of each officer, they aren't just numbers.....

In what world is 1/3 (33%) just under half and 67% not a vast majority?

Mea culpa.

I had typed "just under half" when I initially counted a larger number.

I then realized that "struck by vehicle" should probably be counted under "accidental", and I removed that from my total without going back up the post to see the "just under half" needed modification.

I'll leave everyone to determine if 67% is a "vast majority" or not, since I think "vast" is subjective.

In any case, it appears about 1/3 of officers killed in the line of duty died at the hands of an assailant - for whatever that's worth.

A actually kinda forget what the point was in the first place.

Well, charges are on file now- Murder 2, manslaughter, false imprisonment, and misconduct.

We'll see how it shakes out in court.

Kudos to the SA for not dragging things out, whatever the final disposition is.

A criminal case should not be prosecuted based on political considerations. By takng the shortcuts she took, she risks getting her rather inventive charges tossed at the prelimnary hearing. In the end, I want the guilty party in jail, a hastily thrown together charge sheet may be more of a hindrance than progress towards that goal.

In any case, it appears about 1/3 of officers killed in the line of duty died at the hands of an assailant - for whatever that's worth.

A actually kinda forget what the point was in the first place.

The point was that somehow cops dont really have a dangerous job and die because they are bad drivers or something like that.

Officer down dilutes the numbers by including natural deaths while on duty and dust exposures from 9/11. Looking at the numbers killed is just part of the picture. Most officers wear body armor these days and many icidents that would have been fatal 30 years ago are now counted as assault only.

A criminal case should not be prosecuted based on political considerations. By takng the shortcuts she took, she risks getting her rather inventive charges tossed at the prelimnary hearing. In the end, I want the guilty party in jail, a hastily thrown together charge sheet may be more of a hindrance than progress towards that goal.

What shortcuts? AFAIK, she followed normal procedure throughout. The only political consideration was that after receiving the investigation report, she sent the charging decision to the top of her queue- not unreasonable considering the state of the city.

What shortcuts? AFAIK, she followed normal procedure throughout. The only political consideration was that after receiving the investigation report, she sent the charging decision to the top of her queue- not unreasonable considering the state of the city.

You got that right........

There is 30 years of total mis-management and liberals giving away everything to buy votes......

Now it is cratering under that concept.. And the idiots are surprised...:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Alan Dershowitz and Sheriff David Clarke have it right, this will collapse because it was a gross overreach and political grandstanding.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/alan-dershowitz-rips-charges-against-baltimore-cops-sad-day-for-justice/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/2/sheriff-david-clarke-baltimore-cops-offered-human-/

Conflict of interest, overly political announcement, you name it - the SA blew this.

When the cops are acquitted (as they should be IMO) Baltimore will burn in a way not seen here in the US for decades.

Truly a shame since it will allow the rent-a-mob crowd to perpetuate a destructive and divisive myth.

'Gimp

Alan Dershowitz and Sheriff David Clarke have it right, this will collapse because it was a gross overreach and political grandstanding.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/alan-dershowitz-rips-charges-against-baltimore-cops-sad-day-for-justice/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/2/sheriff-david-clarke-baltimore-cops-offered-human-/

Conflict of interest, overly political announcement, you name it - the SA blew this.

When the cops are acquitted (as they should be IMO) Baltimore will burn in a way not seen here in the US for decades.

Truly a shame since it will allow the rent-a-mob crowd to perpetuate a destructive and divisive myth.

'Gimp

Just in time for my sister's graduation in Baltimore in a week or two. Which I have plane tickets for. :nonod:

The shortcut is that she charged them herself rather than presenting the felony charges to a grand jury. By doing so, there will be a prelimnary hearing within 30 days. At that point, the process is out of her hands and a single district court judge decides whether there is sufficient evidence to sustain the charges and to tie the case over to circuit court. Different from the GJ proceedings, the defense gets their opportunity to present why the charges are bogus. If the judge decides that there is no sufficient evidence to sustain the charges, he can toss some or all of them. With a GJ indictment, the case will go to trial at the circuit court no matter what.

'Gimp

Agreed.

I find it very hard to believe an honest, thorough, and complete investigation was conducted, beyond examining the political fallout and deciding who to sacrifice.

When the mob mentality and ghetto thug - ocracy take over a city, like it has taken over Baltimore, you get what you see.

Ghetto thug -- is that the new buzzword?

It is code word for "Black, but I'm too scared to show my true colors and say it is race related."

You'll note that no one ever uses that word to describe white rioters following sporting event riots.

You'll note that no one ever uses that word to describe white rioters following sporting event riots.
I would call them white trash. But that's just me :)

It is code word for "Black, but I'm too scared to show my true colors and say it is race related."

Wow , how enlightened of you. Did the DNC give you a dog whistle interpretation guide recently?

Why do you say it's race related? Are all the rioting thugs Black? I'm not aware myself, are you? Or are you just assuming that since they're rioting thugs they must be Black? Seems to be a bit of projection on your part.

When did the far leftist racist loonies become responsible for redefining all language????

Oh, yeah, it's only for race baiting purposes.... carry on.

Back