Police murder child, refuse to allow mother to comfort him

Ghetto thug -- is that the new buzzword?

Even the mayor of Baltimore used it to describe the rioters.

It's the old word.

Still not sure why people want to make this about race. The cop who is accused of having killed Freddie is a 45 year old black man.

Even the mayor of Baltimore used it to describe the rioters.

It's the old word.

Still not sure why people want to make this about race. The cop who is accused of having killed Freddie is a 45 year old black man.

Does the fact that the police officer is black change the fact that the murdered man was black?

Does the fact that the police officer is black change the fact that the murdered man was black?

Well should it then still be considered racially motivated?

The skin complexion of the victim doesn't matter, the reason why he died does.

It is alledged that racism is the motivation for police involved deaths including that of Freddie Gray. If that is the case, you would have to be believe that the three black officers who interacted with him during the transport (when he was supposedly injured) all acted based on such bias.

Sure, makes a lot of sense, if you dont think about it.

The skin complexion of the victim doesn't matter, the reason why he died does.

It is alledged that racism is the motivation for police involved deaths including that of Freddie Gray. If that is the case, you would have to be believe that the three black officers who interacted with him during the transport (when he was supposedly injured) all acted based on such bias.

Sure, makes a lot of sense, if you dont think about it.

I don't know if its racism. I don't even know if the black cops that murdered him care if he's black.

But I do know that "Ghetto Thug" is an awfully nice way to say ******. Who else (in the 2010s, not in the 1900s) comes from the "ghetto" and is a "thug?"

What's next - "Rez Rats" aren't necessarily Native Americans? After all, there could be white people that live on the reservations, right?

I don't know if its racism. I don't even know if the black cops that murdered him care if he's black.

But I do know that "Ghetto Thug" is an awfully nice way to say ******. Who else (in the 2010s, not in the 1900s) comes from the "ghetto" and is a "thug?"

LOTS OF PEOPLE. Your assumption of racism is racist to its core.

LOTS OF PEOPLE. Your assumption of racism is racist to its core.

Like who. Here, maybe this will help:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ghetto said:
noun, plural ghettos, ghettoes.
1. a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

Emphasis mine, of course. So tell me, now that you know the definition of a ghetto, how this isn't about "race" again?

I suppose you could argue "Well, maybe 'Ghetto Thug' is a euphemism for Koreans?" Still racist.

By the way, the argument is about as insane as those that try to use the "Not all black people are ******s, but there are definitely some that are. ******s are ignorant black people that blah blah blah blah."

You simply can't justify the term as anything other than what it is.

Whatever happened to the concept of "innocent until proven guilty"? :dunno:

It's exactly this rush to judgment that is so disturbing.

You do realize that "innocent until proven guilty" refers to the court of law, not to the court of some dude on the internet, right? As a dude on the internet, I am free to observe the obvious and state it.

This is about as dumb as trying to enforce the first amendment on a private party - it only applies to Congress.

Trying to avoid personal insults here, but it really feels like I am addressing children here sometimes.

You do realize that "innocent until proven guilty" refers to the court of law, not to the court of some dude on the internet, right? As a dude on the internet, I am free to observe the obvious and state it.

This is about as dumb as trying to enforce the first amendment on a private party - it only applies to Congress.

Trying to avoid personal insults here, but it really feels like I am addressing children here sometimes.

It's always fun to watch someone try to take the high road while posting with a closed mind.

Thats what I said, right ?

(except that he wasn't murdered)

A person with a small biased mind may think about it that way.

Ghetto thugs could be latino, chinese or any other number of ethnicities. St Paul has Hmong gangs, go figure.

Like who. Here, maybe this will help:

Emphasis mine, of course. So tell me, now that you know the definition of a ghetto, how this isn't about "race" again?

I suppose you could argue "Well, maybe 'Ghetto Thug' is a euphemism for Koreans?" Still racist.

sO WHEN DID ETHNIC AND MINORITY COME TO only MEAN BLACK?

Oh yeah, when it was convenient for racist blacks to use it that way.

Got it.

sO WHEN DID ETHNIC AND MINORITY COME TO only MEAN BLACK?

Oh yeah, when it was convenient for racist blacks to use it that way.

Got it.

Is it less racist to say "Those damned non-whites" than it is to say "Those damned blacks?"

No. You're being disingenuous.

(except that he wasn't murdered)

A person with a small biased mind may think about it that way.

Ghetto thugs could be latino, chinese or any other number of ethnicities. St Paul has Hmong gangs, go figure.

So in your mind, the problem is that they're not white then.

That doesn't sound racist at all...

Is it less racist to say "Those damned non-whites" than it is to say "Those damned blacks?"

No. You're being disingenuous.

Nope. I'm being brutally frank, which is considered racist by the dog whistle brigade.

The problem is that they are thugs.

OK - now we're getting somewhere. "Thug" by itself, refers to a criminal or one that has a proclivity toward criminal behavior without a care for the victim.

Adding "Ghetto" to it, turns it into "Anyone that isn't white," as if the race matters.

OK - now we're getting somewhere. "Thug" by itself, refers to a criminal or one that has a proclivity toward criminal behavior without a care for the victim.

Adding "Ghetto" to it, turns it into "Anyone that isn't white," as if the race matters.

Horse crap....

There are white ghetto's

There are latino ghetto's

There are oriental ghetto's...

There are native american ghetto's...

:rolleyes:

Horse crap....

There are white ghetto's

There are latino ghetto's

There are oriental ghetto's...

There are native american ghetto's...

:rolleyes:

There are no white ghettos. See definition of "ghetto" for reference.

So,, ya want to get into the fine points of word definitions...:rolleyes::rolleyes:...

Look up the N word and get back to us... It is not race specific..:no::no::nonod::nonod:

Ghetto is a state of mind, not a place or skin complexion.

So,, ya want to get into the fine points of word definitions...:rolleyes::rolleyes:...

Look up the N word and get back to us... It is not race specific..:no::no::nonod::nonod:

Sigh. Yes it is:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/******?s=t

Link broke because of censorship:

noun
Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a contemptuous term used to refer to a black person.
a contemptuous term used to refer to a member of any dark-skinned people.

Plenty of white ghettos, but outside of major commercial banks, H-street law firms and the IRS there are few white gangs.

Last edited:
Ghetto is a state of mind, not a place or skin complexion.

Except that it is a place that contains those of a certain skin complexion (or more accurately, a place that lacks people of a certain skin complexion)...

Seriously, you guys are trying to argue this to fit your view, but the freaking dictionary itself is against you.

Sigh. Yes it is:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/******?s=t

Link broke because of censorship:

noun
Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a contemptuous term used to refer to a black person.
a contemptuous term used to refer to a member of any dark-skinned people.

Cute cherry picking a dictionary that fits your agenda........

Keep going to well known explanations...

I would call them white trash. But that's just me :)

I just used the "Report Post" button on the first post of this thread on the assumption that no PoA admins or moderators had seen this thread. It seemed to meet all the criteria of the rule "NOTE: Politics and religion and any other topic likely to become highly charged must be posted in The Spin Zone."

It seems appropriate to move it to the SZ, does it not?

Maybe you should look up the definition of predominately and you will see that your definition of ghetto doesn't say that there aren't any white people in ghetto.

Cute cherry picking a dictionary that fits your agenda........

Keep going to well known explanations...

Dictionary.com is cherry picking? OK - let's try Merriam Webster:
Definition of ******

1 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a black person
2 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race

Ok, maybe I cherry picked Merriam Webster too? How about Oxford:
noun

offensive
A contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.

I just used the "Report Post" button on the first post of this thread on the assumption that no PoA admins or moderators had seen this thread. It seemed to meet all the criteria of the rule "NOTE: Politics and religion and any other topic likely to become highly charged must be posted in The Spin Zone."

It seems appropriate to move it to the SZ, does it not?

Neither political nor 'highly charged'.

Dictionary.com is cherry picking? OK - let's try Merriam Webster:
Definition of ******

1 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a black person
2 usually offensive; see usage paragraph below : a member of any dark-skinned race

Ok, maybe I cherry picked Merriam Webster too? How about Oxford:
noun

offensive
A contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person.

The true and honest definition of this word is: an uneducated individual. It has nothing to do with pigmentation.

Maybe you should look up the definition of predominately and you will see that your definition of ghetto doesn't say that there aren't any white people in ghetto.

Oxford Dictionary - Ghetto:
noun (plural ghettos or ghettoes)

1A part of a city, especially a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups.

So - if the concern is over the word "predominant" from the previous definition, note that the definition itself refers to race as being a factor in the use of the word (both dictionary.com and oxford). Are there white people living in the ghetto? Yes. I myself once lived in one. Is a ghetto a place that is non-race specific? No, by definition, it is not.

There most certainly are white ghettos.... I see you like dictionary . Com page and use it for your definitions. Here is the definition for ghetto from that page:

ghetto

[get-oh]*

noun,*plural*ghettos,*ghettoes.

a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic OR other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

ethnicity

[eth-nis-i-tee]

noun, plural ethnicities.

an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like

Ghettos are not based solely on skin complexion and ethnicity is not a term based solely on skin color.

Last edited:

(except that he wasn't murdered).

That's for 12 of the van driver's peers in one of Baltimore's surrounding areas to decide.

A man was falsely arrested on no grounds, he was healthy when he was detained, and when he was unloaded he was rushed to Shock Trauma where he died of injuries inflicted by the police.

Sounds like at least probable cause for a court trial to me.

Last edited:
That's for 12 of the van driver's peers in one of Baltimore's surrounding areas to decide.

A man was falsely arrested on no grounds, he was healthy when he was loaded into the van, and when he was unloaded he was rushed to Shock Trauma where he died of injuries inflicted by the police.

Sounds like at least probable cause for a court trial to me.

The death was ruled a homicide by the coroner but that doesn't mean murder...manslaughter comes to mind here but I'm no attorney and I didn't stay in a HIE last night.

Clearly he has never heard of the Irish or Italian ethnic groups. The people burning and looting in Baltimore and other cities are opportunistic trash and the National Guard should be allowed when they observe arson and looting to adopt a shoot on sight policy. They are a disease on society and should be removed. The color of their skin has nothing to do with it. White, Black, Mexican, Irish or other it does not matter. If they are looting and destroying property they are worse than a rabid dog running through the streets. Would you not shoot the rabid dog to protect the community ???.
Time for such behavior to end !!. I would absolutely agree that they may have legitimate complaints but this not the way to solve them. I cannot help but wonder how impartial the jurors will actually be when these officers go to trial. Wonder why you do not see this type of behavior in Tehran ???.

Back