People that annoy you...

Are you sure you're not reading something into a post that's not there? :rolleyes:

He has freely admitted that he baits the forum, so he shouldn't be surprised when he gets a bite.

He has freely admitted that he baits the forum, so he shouldn't be surprised when he gets a bite.

It is what we call, the "Socratic Method" of learning... :D

I bought 100 little red Christmas stockings and 100 catnip stuffed toy mice. As a little Christmas gift, when a cat comes in to our veterinary hospital for any reason, the receptionist uses a glitter pen to write the cat's name on the stocking and puts a toy mouse in it. Most people think it is really neat. Of course we ask if they would like one, just in case.

A lady came in yesterday. Her (male) cat's name is Mr. Cat, but her Grand kids call it "Miss Cat". The receptionist wrote "Mr. Cat" on the stocking.

Today the lady calls and leaves a voice mail ranting and raving and yelling because the receptionist's mistake (no it wasn't) traumatized her grand kids and now they couldn't hang the stocking.

I wonder what her next vet is going to say when we transfer her records and they read that little write up.

........I wonder what her next vet is going to say when we transfer her records and they read that little write up.

They are going to say " Sorry Ma'am, our client list is full.. maybe you can try the fly by night vet clinic across the tracks" :yes::lol:

Folks that aren't decent enough to say "thanks" when you hold the door open for them. When that happens, I give a sarcastic "You're welcome!".
Maybe they didn't want you to hold the door?

I bought 100 little red Christmas stockings and 100 catnip stuffed toy mice. As a little Christmas gift, when a cat comes in to our veterinary hospital for any reason, the receptionist uses a glitter pen to write the cat's name on the stocking and puts a toy mouse in it. Most people think it is really neat. Of course we ask if they would like one, just in case.

A lady came in yesterday. Her (male) cat's name is Mr. Cat, but her Grand kids call it "Miss Cat". The receptionist wrote "Mr. Cat" on the stocking.

Today the lady calls and leaves a voice mail ranting and raving and yelling because the receptionist's mistake (no it wasn't) traumatized her grand kids and now they couldn't hang the stocking.

More proof that 'cat people' are unstable and crazy.

Btw.

Cat-people annoy me, mostly if they try to explain to me how their cat is intelligent.

Cat-people annoy me, mostly if they try to explain to me how their cat is intelligent.

You'll never catch me trying THAT explanation.

They are sort of like moving furniture. Rugs mainly, every now and then you step on one.

Btw.

A Brown Pointer adopted me here and stays with me. The cat is dumb as a box of rocks but is a sweetheart, even comes when called.

Women and cats will do what they damn well please.
Men and dogs will just have to get used to it.

Now, who is smarter?

Women and cats will do what they damn well please.
Men and dogs will just have to get used to it.

Now, who is smarter?

The man who has dogs and send the woman back to her own home every night so she can bond with her cat..;):)

Our cat was a rescue cat. It came from a no-kill shelter, and I'm pretty sure that it lived almost all its life in a cage. It has absolutely no street-smarts at all. None. But it has figured out how to get on my wife's good side, so it does have SOME survival instincts.

Customers who ...

... say the need the auto part from me, but are not able to make up their mind to purchase it. Car is dead, they told me they need the car repaired now, my price is considerably less than the new one from the car dealer or AutoZone, they called me with the problem, I have the solution, they admit I'm the best price, but they STILL won't pull the buying trigger. :mad2:

... when asked what they are willing to spend on a part say they haven't a clue, but when I name a very fair price, immediately respond "oh, that's too much!". wtf? 5 seconds ago you couldn't answer the money question, and all of a sudden, I'm overpriced? :mad2:

... when offered a killer price for their fender, door mirror, bumper, and acknowledge is a great deal, won't purchase it because the color doesn't match their faded out paint on the rest of the car. :mad2:

I'm not that guy. Last part I bought from a used car parts place was a $150 computer for my grand cherokee. Factory was $450 and there were no other options. The used part came with a warranty and it was a 10 minute swap. No brainer

by the way the quote from the dealer to replace that part was over 900 bucks. 400 in labor to swap it out and 'reprogram'. I almost strangled the 'svc advisor'

Btw.

I have a cat. I won't try and convince anyone that my cat is intelligent, but I will say that he doesn't shed, lick, slobber, jump, chew on things, bark, whine, leave presents in the yard (or around the house), or any of the other things that annoy me about canines.

He feeds himself (of course if we leave his bowl full), cleans himself, and uses the toilet (whenever something is noticed, we just flush it away).

Just curious...how is that unstable exactly? I think those who will allow an animal that slobbers, jumps, licks, chews, etc to sleep on their bed, jump on their guests, and continue to deal with this nonsense on a daily basis, while actually falling in love with the animal is crazy.

Just my .02.

... and here we go: The honeymoon is over. Our resident liberal-everything-is-a-right-wing-conspiracy nut vs our resident conservative-everything-is-a-left-wing-conspiracy nut and the topic is gun control. The worst part is they are next to the coffee maker and I need a refill.

i'm always nice to truckers on the interstate. mostly because Ol' Blue pulling a glider trailer seems to have about the same top speed, acceleration, and manueving limitations.

People who use the speakerphone in a cubicle environment.

How lazy are you if you can't even hold the handset to your ear?

People who use the speakerphone in a cubicle environment.

How lazy are you if you can't even hold the handset to your ear?

People who talk into a telephone and don't realize they can use a normal level of voice and still be heard all those miles away.

People who talk into a telephone and don't realize they can use a normal level of voice and still be heard all those miles away.
Then there are those with bluetooth headsets who wave their hand around as if gestures can be seen on the other end. :D

Then there are those with bluetooth headsets who wave their hand around as if gestures can be seen on the other end. :D

I rate them right up there with people that have a big, shiny leather holster for their cell phone strapped to their belt.

I rate them right up there with people that have a big, shiny leather holster for their cell phone strapped to their belt.

That's me. I started using it after an interesting chain of events.

First, I just kept it in my pocket. Numerous text messages, pocket dials, and other strange happenings from random buttons getting pressed.

I quickly learned to lock it while it was in my pocket. But of course the battery began dying prematurely because a button would still always get pressed, lighting the phone up and reminding my pocket that the screen was locked.

Then I broke the screen twice. Hit the desk drawer once, and sat on it once.

So now I have a leather holster on my belt for my phone. It's quite practical, and I'm happy to annoy you with it.

Inconsiderate people annoy me. Just last night at my son's band concert there were two women seating behind me talking through the entire performance. Well, except for the part when their kid/grandkid was playing.

Pilots who check in with ATC by saying 'Bletchfire 666 with you.....' :no:.

Harley riders who wear a black leather vest but are NOT a member of a real 'M/C' or 'R/C'. :no:.

Harley riders with straight pipes. :no:.

Harley riders with tassels hanging from their hand grips. :no:.

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day. :no:

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day and fly a giant pattern that would embarrass a B-52. :mad2:

Pilots who check in with ATC by saying 'Bletchfire 666 with you.....' :no:.

Harley riders who wear a black leather vest but are NOT a member of a real 'M/C' or 'R/C'. :no:.

Harley riders with tassels hanging from their hand grips. :no:.

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day. :no:

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day and fly a giant pattern that would embarrass a B-52. :mad2:

You might want to consider switching to decaf.......;)

That is better than what I almost said.

Me too...

We each choose how we react to others. Why would anyone intelligent choose to be annoyed because someone else has different tastes?

It's not just Harley riders. We've got a local kid who has removed the muffler from his dirt bike, and LOVES to wind the thing to 11,000 RPM as he goes past our place, on his way home for lunch.

And, of course, being Texas we are assaulted daily by giant pickup trucks with glass-packs or worse. Turbo-diesels are my favorite.
:banghead:

The only reason any of these idiots is still alive is because shooting them is still illegal -- even in Texas.

BTW, the other problem is split speed limits. Illinois was the first state to come up with that whacked-out idea, but they don't really enforce it any more and may have even abolished it now. Michigan and California are the worst - In both, the speed limit for cars is 70 and trucks is 55. :frown2: So, don't always blame the trucks. Sigh.

Arkansas interstates are split 70 for cars and 65 for trucks. :mad2: This causes elephant races for 20 miles or more on I-30. I've been behind one for a whole 60 mile trip between college and home. Also the state troopers pull over any trucker they see going over 65. It also doesn't help that we have the worse roads in the U.S.

People that annoy me are the ones who drive slower then the speed limit on purpose! I live in a town that's at most 3 miles wide. However it takes me 20 MINUTES to cross said town. :mad: I've had a fellow student pull out in front of me and drive 5-10 under to slow down traffic. After passing them on a two lane road I get "a talking to" next time I see them. "Hey it's dangerous and illegal to drive fast" :rolleyes2: and I reply with " Why do you care is it your God given right to police drivers?!?"

I seriously don't get this one. What's the problem? It sounds weird any other way...

(click)"Fort Worth Center, Bonanza seven Eight Niner Two Romeo, Level Eight Thousand."(click)

Way I figure it, if he can hear me on his frequency, he knows I am "with him" anyway.

And, of course, being Texas we are assaulted daily by giant pickup trucks with glass-packs or worse. Turbo-diesels are my favorite.
:banghead:

The only reason any of these idiots is still alive is because shooting them is still illegal -- even in Texas.

I love watching these people try to park or go through a drive-thru.

These people are the worse for making comments or cutting me off because I drive a Subaru in a southern state. I'm sorry that I like making it home on the one day of the year it snows or floods.

(click)"Fort Worth Center, Bonanza seven Eight Niner Two Romeo, Level Eight Thousand."(click)

Way I figure it, if he can hear me on his frequency, he knows I am "with him" anyway.

Also it redundant when your IFR. He already knows your his aircraft and the fact your talking to him confirms that. He doesn't need to be told twice.

It's like me pulling up to pick someone up and saying "I'm here"

Last edited:

"Fort Worth Center, VNR159, Level Flight Level 280" (click

Two 'level's' sounds stupid.

"Fort Worth Center, VNR159 with you Level 280" (click)

Sounds better and takes less time. Plus, it differentiates you from someone reporting reaching an altitude. It clearly states you are new to his freq. 'Checking In' does the same thing. Listen in to high altitude Center Freqs and that's how everyone does it.

People who get bent out of shape over minor non-safety-relevant variations in radio procedure.

10-4 :D

People who get bent out of shape over minor non-safety-relevant variations in radio procedure.

10-4 :D

I was going to go there but didn't want to come off as 'disagreeable'. Thanks.

"Fort Worth Center, VNR159, Level Flight Level 280" (click

Two 'level's' sounds stupid.

"Fort Worth Center, VNR159 with you Level 280" (click)

Sounds better and takes less time. Plus, it differentiates you from someone reporting reaching an altitude. It clearly states you are new to his freq. 'Checking In' does the same thing. Listen in to high altitude Center Freqs and that's how everyone does it.

Are you saying you're level on an assigned heading the new controller doesn't know about of 280 degrees, or level at Flight Level 280? :)

There's a reason phraseology is done the way it's done. Your way creates ambiguity. It's not about what "sounds better".

(I always add assigned headings to the call up, BTW, with the words "assigned heading" to avoid that. I've been vectored and forgotten before.)

Overly large people that "overflow" into my seat while sitting in coach.

Back