People that annoy you...

But can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to have your parents drive around with "My kid is an honors student" on their bumper? :eek:

Personally I don't think I'd put it on my bumper, but...is it worse than the one that reads "My kid failed the Nth grade and has to repeat"?

Or maybe to make them feel better about themselves we can squeeze in some confidence for them.

"My kid failed the Nth grade, but he can beat up the honor student, he's really good at skateboarding and playstation, and if he focuses on those things he doesn't need school anyway because he'll be a superstar."

Then, when kid realizes that skateboarding, playstation, and beating people up aren't going to get him anywhere, and that he is a loser with overinflated and unsupported confidence, he proceeds to go on a spree that we all witness on the news.

I work at an aquatic center in the summer. I am a deck shift leader, which is a lifeguard supervisor. I wear a pair of swimming trunks that are red and say "lifeguard" down the side of them. I wear a yellow t shirt that says "GUARD" on the back of it. I am also 62 years old. I had to go through the same classes and training as every other guard at the aquatic center. It annoys me when someone comes up and asks me if I am a "real" lifeguard. What annoys me more is when I get stuck on a chair for a while and someone comes up and asks me when the "real" lifeguard is coming back.

I don't like to make a public statement in the form of a bumper sticker or on a T shirt. However, it does not annoy me if other people do. In fact, I enjoy reading bumper stickers when I am caught in traffic, and I enjoy reading people's t shirts while I am sitting around waiting for my wife. But it isn't my thing.

Back on topic...I don't think I've seen this one...

If you did any "bricks and mortar" shopping this holiday season then you probably, like me, experienced this.

Person #1 who parks in the middle of a drive aisle as they wait for person #2 to load up their car and vacate their parking space.

Person #2 has 50 bags of goodies, and twelve kids to load up in their car seat but that doesn't matter to person #1. (S)he's quite willing to wait for 15 minutes while no one else in the lot can get past them. I mean, After all, (s)he's finishing up 4 big macs and a 64 oz soft drink donchaknow. Got all the time in the world!

So, I sidestep the roadblock, drive out in the back 40 and park. As I walk back to the store I typically see person #1 finally pulling into the space. (S)he was quite patient.

Everyone else on the parking lot lost their patience long ago however. But that didn't deter person #1 from waiting for that primo space.

The guy who crowds into the elevator that smells like a wet dog after a hard work out.

I mean, After all, (s)he's finishing up 4 big macs and a 64 oz soft drink donchaknow.

she would have had more, but she didn't have the space in the van for more and themselves too.

The bank teller who gives me a hard time for dropping 3 deposit slips with 10-15 checks each as they only allow '2 transactions' at the drive-up window. Had I put all 40 checks on on one deposit slip, I would have been a-ok :confused: .

If you did any "bricks and mortar" shopping this holiday season then you probably, like me, experienced this.

Person #1 who parks in the middle of a drive aisle as they wait for person #2 to load up their car and vacate their parking space.

Person #2 has 50 bags of goodies, and twelve kids to load up in their car seat but that doesn't matter to person #1. (S)he's quite willing to wait for 15 minutes while no one else in the lot can get past them. I mean, After all, (s)he's finishing up 4 big macs and a 64 oz soft drink donchaknow. Got all the time in the world!

So, I sidestep the roadblock, drive out in the back 40 and park. As I walk back to the store I typically see person #1 finally pulling into the space. (S)he was quite patient.

Everyone else on the parking lot lost their patience long ago however. But that didn't deter person #1 from waiting for that primo space.

:mad2:

I HATE that. HATE IT! Just park your car in the first available space you come across and walk to the damn store. You probably need to walk, anyway, you fatso. In the time you spent waiting for the parking spot to be available, you could have already been picking out your items.

Every time I go to Trader Joe's in Bethesda, people think the top deck is the only parking lot available for TJs so they wait FOREVER for someone to pull out. It takes every last bit of will and patience for me to not lean on the horn. If I drove a different car, I'd probably lean on the horn. But, despite my polite disposition and pleasant, safe and smooth driving skills, I am automatically labeled a jerk simply because of the brand of my car.

Jesus...

Edit: Sometimes, if I have a feeling someone is poaching my spot by following me to my car, I take them on a wild goose chase and spend a REALLY long time putting things away. If I feel really mean, I "forget" something in the mall and walk back. This is probably why I get stuck behind people waiting for "primo" spots all the time.

If you are a smoker, that's your choice. Not a good one, but not for me to judge.

But.

The world is not your ashtray. Don't throw your butts out of the car window. Don't dump your ashtray out on the street while stopped at an intersection (yes, they do this!). Close your damned window so your smoke stays in your car and does not drift into my car's ventilation intakes.;

I'm intrigued by the fake-outs. Like when you see the back-up lights and know a car that has been stationary in a parking spot for a while is backing out, ostensibly (at least in your mind) to leave the lot. Then you see her peering over the hood like a goat looking at a watch while she pulls forward to reposition the car to a better position between the lines.

My assumption has always been that the only reason for that maneuver is that she couldn't get the door open after parking the first time, but who knows?

When I see person number one waiting, and I am person number two (minus the 12 kids and 50 packages) I take my time putting my one or two bags in the car, and maybe even get in the car. Then get out of the car, close the door, lock it, and walk back into the store/mall. I may or may not be buying anything more. I just do it to **** them off for being so lazy.

:mad2:

Edit: Sometimes, if I have a feeling someone is poaching my spot by following me to my car, I take them on a wild goose chase and spend a REALLY long time putting things away. If I feel really mean, I "forget" something in the mall and walk back. This is probably why I get stuck behind people waiting for "primo" spots all the time.

I love it....:thumbsup::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::D

People in cars who turn left to turn right.

Not to be confused with dirt track racers!:D

George

People in cars who turn left to turn right.

Not to be confused with dirt track racers!:D

George

Man.......... You stole my punch line....:rolleyes2:....

I spent many a Saturday night turning right to go left..:):):):yesnod:

Today's annoyance:
People who think that Missy Franklin shouldn't be allowed to swim in her HS swim meets because she's so much faster than all the other swimmers (see yesterday's WSJ article).

Today's annoyance:
People who think that Missy Franklin shouldn't be allowed to swim in her HS swim meets because she's so much faster than all the other swimmers (see yesterday's WSJ article).

She's a high school student. Just because she has Olympic Gold? That's nuts.

well it is a bit extreme, but what the heck. i'd be proud to get 2nd

Two left turn lanes; you're in the outer of the two. Light turns green, and the guy to your left wants to turn into the second or third lane (i.e., where you have to go), rather than the lane closest to them.

Is the gender term in your post for PC purposes?

Two left turn lanes; you're in the outer of the two. Light turns green, and the guy to your left wants to turn into the second or third lane (i.e., where you have to go), rather than the lane closest to them.

Got one better than that. 2 left turn lanes turning onto a road with 5 lanes. Two going my direction, one left turn lane, two heading opposite direction. Person in a non-left turn lane decides he wants to turn left as well. So now we have 3 lanes turning into 2 available lanes. All the while a 3 year old is jumping around restraint free in said person's back seat.

Back