People that annoy you...

It's not just Harley riders. We've got a local kid who has removed the muffler from his dirt bike, and LOVES to wind the thing to 11,000 RPM as he goes past our place, on his way home for lunch.

And, of course, being Texas we are assaulted daily by giant pickup trucks with glass-packs or worse. Turbo-diesels are my favorite.
:banghead:

The only reason any of these idiots is still alive is because shooting them is still illegal -- even in Texas.

That and those truck nuts hanging from the bumper. That is so dumb.

Are you saying you're level on an assigned heading the new controller doesn't know about of 280 degrees, or level at Flight Level 280? :)

There's a reason phraseology is done the way it's done. Your way creates ambiguity. It's not about what "sounds better".

(I always add assigned headings to the call up, BTW, with the words "assigned heading" to avoid that. I've been vectored and forgotten before.)

I too always add my heading if on an assigned heading.

My comms are just fine and I'm not here looking for tips to tweak them. I just find it amusing the things some people spool up over.

And don't forget the big knobby tires that make all that racket on the asphalt.

Here's something else that annoys me. When I have to discipline my children in the parking lot or store and some granola eating ACLU broad thinks she needs to intervene. MYOFB!

She is the same parent that will let her crumb snatcher climb the walls and break stuff in the grocery store and all she will do is say calmly. "Now Theodore, don't be doing that, come finish your Red Bull" Then its society's fault when her precious shoots up the office in 15 years. UGH

I forgot about that one. Yeah, the **** on _________ (whatever) sticker is a real mark of a model citizen.

Ah, bumper stickers. We could start a whole 'nother thread on bumper stickers.

How 'bout the Jesus freaks who praise God with a torn bumper sticker pasted over the rusted-out bumper of their POS cars? What a classy way to show their devotion. :rolleyes:

How 'bout the Jesus freaks who praise God with a torn bumper sticker pasted over the rusted-out bumper of their POS cars? What a classy way to show their devotion. :rolleyes:

My current favorite for "most annoying":

Take back the wealth -- tax the rich.

People who deride someone else's expression of religion with a show of intolerence.

People who deride someone else's expression of religion with a show of intolerence.

Hey, express away -- but what does it say about someone's religion when it is pasted irreverently to the BUMPER OF A CAR? :screwy:

It tells me that the occupant of the car holds their God in pretty low regard...

If you were advising that person about a method of publicly expressing their views, what other venue would you suggest?

Hey, express away -- but what does it say about someone's religion when it is pasted irreverently to the BUMPER OF A CAR? :screwy:

It tells me that the occupant of the car holds their God in pretty low regard...

The gaL I've been getting my room from has a "God is my Pilot" front plate...:rolleyes2:

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day. :no:

C172 pilots who want to do touch and goes at KAUS in the middle of the day and fly a giant pattern that would embarrass a B-52. :mad2:

The RBs and VKs are really bad about that. I followed a 172 in the Mooney last weekend on downwind and never spotted him until he said he was 3 miles from the airport on downwind :mad2:

WTF

Here's a new one: "Customer service" reps that say "I can help whoever's next" while staring off into space instead of looking me in the eye and saying "Can I help you?" They sound like they're talking to inanimate objects, not people. Grrrr.

If you were advising that person about a method of publicly expressing their views, what other venue would you suggest?

Um, NOT a bumper sticker? :rolleyes:

Besides, why would anyone wish to express their religious views to the stooge stuck behind them in traffic? That doesn't even make sense.

It obviously makes perfect sense to them, or they wouldn't have done it. In any event, is that your call or theirs?

Besides, why would anyone wish to express their religious views to the stooge stuck behind them in traffic? That doesn't even make sense.

Considering the "evangelical" requirements of many religions, it makes more sense than stickers showing how many times you've successfully procreated and how many dogs and cat one has.

Considering the "evangelical" requirements of many religions, it makes more sense than stickers showing how many times you've successfully procreated and how many dogs and cat one has.

That is a special pet peeve of...... No, wrong topic. Those are persons of annoyance to me.

I don't CARE how many damn people and little kids and **** like that you have in your family. I'm not interested. I don't know you. You probably don't want to know me, and if you did, you sure as hell would keep your wife and daughters over the age of 20 away from me. WHY do you need to advertise on the back window of your massive SUV and minivans?

PS I feel like posting your address to the reverse Megan's Law website so the Pervs know where to go.

Considering the "evangelical" requirements of many religions, it makes more sense than stickers showing how many times you've successfully procreated and how many dogs and cats one has.

I was in gulfport, MS a year ago April and saw a very nice pickup truck with those stupid decals of the family in the back glass. Well... Except that plastered on top of the decal of daddy was a bullet hole decal.

And the personalized plate read "was-his".

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the ex-wife.

It obviously makes perfect sense to them, or they wouldn't have done it. In any event, is that your call or theirs?

Well, this IS a "people who annoy" thread, not an "is this your call?" thread... :D

More importantly, it is still mostly a free country -- which includes the right to look like an effing idiot. So, feel free to stick a fish over the rust hole in your bumper...
:D

That is a special pet peeve of...... No, wrong topic. Those are persons of annoyance to me.

I don't CARE how many damn people and little kids and **** like that you have in your family. I'm not interested. I don't know you. You probably don't want to know me, and if you did, you sure as hell would keep your wife and daughters over the age of 20 away from me. WHY do you need to advertise on the back window of your massive SUV and minivans?

PS I feel like posting your address to the reverse Megan's Law website so the Pervs know where to go.

I like the bumper stickers which state "My Son Beat Up Your Honor Roll Student."

...but at the same time I hate that being smart is ridiculed in our country. :frown2:

Agreed, good point.

American students' academic test scores aren't even in the top 10 compared to other countries, but they test #1 in confidence. What is that all about?

How many times have I heard..."It's ok that you can't read that well, or write that well, or do math. Not everyone is good in school. You're good at (blah, blah, blah). Stick with that, and you don't need those other things."

But the kid who is intelligent or does well in school gets ridiculed for doing so? How does that work?

Ugh. I don't. I hate the honor roll student stickers, but at the same time I hate that being smart is ridiculed in our country. :frown2:
But can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to have your parents drive around with "My kid is an honors student" on their bumper? :eek:

Or those who don't understand that it's about who and why they are used and the consequences of owning them vs not owning them.

People who argue that guns are not about killing.

Back