People that annoy you...

Customers who ...

... say the need the auto part from me, but are not able to make up their mind to purchase it. Car is dead, they told me they need the car repaired now, my price is considerably less than the new one from the car dealer or AutoZone, they called me with the problem, I have the solution, they admit I'm the best price, but they STILL won't pull the buying trigger. :mad2:

... when asked what they are willing to spend on a part say they haven't a clue, but when I name a very fair price, immediately respond "oh, that's too much!". wtf? 5 seconds ago you couldn't answer the money question, and all of a sudden, I'm overpriced? :mad2:

... when offered a killer price for their fender, door mirror, bumper, and acknowledge is a great deal, won't purchase it because the color doesn't match their faded out paint on the rest of the car. :mad2:

My neighbor, "Ned Flanders". Next time he tells me to have a blessed day, I swear I'll strangle the son-of-a-*****. Grrrrr ....:mad::mad:

Customers who ...

... say the need the auto part from me, but are not able to make up their mind to purchase it. Car is dead, they told me they need the car repaired now, my price is considerably less than the new one from the car dealer or AutoZone, they called me with the problem, I have the solution, they admit I'm the best price, but they STILL won't pull the buying trigger. :mad2:

... when asked what they are willing to spend on a part say they haven't a clue, but when I name a very fair price, immediately respond "oh, that's too much!". wtf? 5 seconds ago you couldn't answer the money question, and all of a sudden, I'm overpriced? :mad2:

... when offered a killer price for their fender, door mirror, bumper, and acknowledge is a great deal, won't purchase it because the color doesn't match their faded out paint on the rest of the car. :mad2:

Customers who...

Don't know what the name of the medicine they are taking but know they "need it NOW... I'm on my way. Can you have it ready in 15 minutes??". :mad:

Don't know where their medicine is (which pharmacy). Can you "call around" and find it for me?? I'm on my way. Can you have it ready in 10 minutes?? :mad::mad:

Don't know any information about their prescription insurance or even if they have any. But I know it's free. I'm on my way. Can you have it ready in 5 minutes?? :mad::mad::mad:

Don't know that their prescription is out of refills on a Sunday afternoon and we need time to contact their doctor. I'm in the parking lot/drive-thru lane. I'm leaving the country and have a plane to catch. I'll die without this medicine. Just give it to me. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

People who come up to me at airshows, fly ins, etc and insist that a plane CANNOT fly with an auto engine in it... Then they ask how big of a transport trailer I use to bring the plane in to display it...Except OSH, most airshows /fly ins are a one day event and I make it a habit of being the first plane out when the airshow is over and the TFR is lifted...

Lookey here guys at my transporter trailer.:rolleyes::rofl::lol:...

Attachments

• P1090179.jpg
    P1090179.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
ring-ring,,,ring ring... "hello?"

"Hi, this is Doc, I'm calling about your blah-blah-blah for sale?"

"Yeah,, it's been sitting around here for about x years. It was my sister-in-laws blah for a long time, but then she died. She got the uterine cancer, and was in the hospital for 2 years. Of course, her husband, my brother wasn't much use. He's a dirt-poor good for nothing. Then my sister up and died after that, and the blah was given to my dad. But he was alzhiemers ya know. So, my dad used to be pretty alert but then....."

Just kill me now......

ring-ring,,,ring ring... "hello?"

"Hi, this is Doc, I'm calling about your blah-blah-blah for sale?"

"Yeah,, it's been sitting around here for about x years. It was my sister-in-laws blah for a long time, but then she died. She got the uterine cancer, and was in the hospital for 2 years. Of course, her husband, my brother wasn't much use. He's a dirt-poor good for nothing. Then my sister up and died after that, and the blah was given to my dad. But he was alzhiemers ya know. So, my dad used to be pretty alert but then....."

Just kill me now......

ring-ring,,,ring ring... "Walgreen's Pharmacy, may I help you??"

"Hi, this is Blah, I'm calling about my refill."

"Yeah, I've been out of it for about x years but need it now. My sister-in-law took the same thing for a long time, but then she died. She got the uterine cancer, and was in the hospital for 2 years. Of course, her husband, my brother wasn't much use. He's a dirt-poor good for nothing. Then my sister up and died after that, and then my dad too. But he had alzhiemers ya know. So, my dad used to be pretty alert but then....."

Just kill me now...... :rolleyes2:

We built a new house around the corner from our old house and moved in 8 weeks ago, got mail every day. This week the postman can't find us, says our address is "unverified". :mad2:

So I call the postmaster and complain we have not gotten mail for 3 days. He says because we moved around the corner and the postman delivers by name, not by address. :mad2:

I tell the postmaster we received mail okay for the past 7 weeks. He says the problem started with a new mail carrier and she doesn't know where we live. I said just have her deliver the mail to the address on the letter and not worry about the name on the letter. He said that will add another 5 days. :mad2:

I can't wait for the government take over of healthcare. :mad2:

People who say they are going to call me back about something that's important and don't.

People who don't look both ways before crossing a street (flunked kindergarten?)

People who are so entranced by their cell phone they are oblivious to all other things and don't pay attention - walking or driving

People who park in marked handicapped spots without displaying the handicap card

People (adults & teens included) who stroll in parade fashion (3-6 abreast) at shopping malls, keeping other pedestrian traffic from going past them.

People who may as well have their cell phone surgically implanted, they spend so much time on it. Let's get practical here - does ANYONE need to talk on the phone about what they bought at the dept. store yesterday, while standing in the express lane at the grocery store?

People who buy computers and can't even spell IBM. There should be an exam to be allowed to own a computer.

People who say they are going to call me back about something that's important and don't.

Do you really want them to? 99% of the time they want to sell you a slap chop or an infrared cooker.

Me: "911, what is the address of your emergency?"

caller: "Well, its not an emergency, but..."

Me (on my last day of work): "If its not an emergency, why the f%$* are you calling 911?"

People who call to report that their unlocked vehicle was entered overnight, and their (pick one or more of the following) stereo...purse...wallet....GPS....laptop....gun they had under the seat, was stolen.

people who call 911 to report something and have no clue where they are.

Anyone who has been arrested in the past for theft, assault, burglary, possession of stolen property, fraud, forgery, reporting that they've been robbed, assaulted, burglarized or victimized in any other way.

Anyone who has a GPS and needs help because they followed the shortcut on the GPS and now they are lost, stuck in the snow, or both.

Me: "911, what is the address of your emergency?"

caller: "Well, its not an emergency, but..."

Me (on my last day of work): "If its not an emergency, why the f%$* are you calling 911?"

People who call to report that their unlocked vehicle was entered overnight, and their (pick one or more of the following) stereo...purse...wallet....GPS....laptop....gun they had under the seat, was stolen.

people who call 911 to report something and have no clue where they are.

Anyone who has been arrested in the past for theft, assault, burglary, possession of stolen property, fraud, forgery, reporting that they've been robbed, assaulted, burglarized or victimized in any other way.

Anyone who has a GPS and needs help because they followed the shortcut on the GPS and now they are lost, stuck in the snow, or both.

I thought that was supposed to be one of the things about 911, if you can't say anything at all, just dial it and drop it and they'll send someone, at least that's what they hyped to us in school.

Do you really want them to? 99% of the time they want to sell you a slap chop or an infrared cooker.

More like me calling banks or lawyers or insurance companies over matters of significant $.

If a sandwich shop keeps me waiting more than 5 min for my $20 sack of take home food, I get a coupon for a free sandwich.

Financial institution keeps me waiting for weeks over thousands of $, I don't even get an apology or explanation.

Something about that just isn't right.

More like me calling banks or lawyers or insurance companies over matters of significant $.

If a sandwich shop keeps me waiting more than 5 min for my $20 sack of take home food, I get a coupon for a free sandwich.

Financial institution keeps me waiting for weeks over thousands of $, I don't even get an apology or explanation.

Something about that just isn't right.

Sandwiches are perishable?

Depends, I think the ones from the truck stop are good for a year or two.

I think I had one sit in my gut for about a year...gave me gas something awful.

Will humanity be posting its side of the story?

Humanity doesn't have the ability to say anything cohesive, that's what's annoying about it, it can't accomplish anything or say anything intelligible because it's too fractured always pulling in every direction at the same time. The bloody race lives on a closed loop planet with speed of light communications, yet most of us are unable to communicate because we can't even agree to use a single language.

Pilots who arrive in a half million dollar plane, put $500 in fuel in the tanks, and try to chisel me down $10 bucks on a brand new aviation themed hotel room that took me months to create.

As they're driving my car, for free.

Which they don't put gas in... :banghead:

marriage-lets-you-annoy-one-special-person-for-the-rest-of-your-life.jpg

People. All of them in general and specifically.

IT Security people who walk up and say, "No one told me about this until today, but there's an auditor coming tomorrow and I need some information from the sysadmins that I don't have."

Ok, I'll be the first to say it,

MOTHER IN LAW.

-VanDy

Ahhh, I have reached nirvana.
After a lifetime, and a couple of professions, of doing things for other people that they absolutely cannot do for themselves and getting all the crap from them listed above in this thread, I no longer put up with annoying people.
Annoy me and you, along with the horse you rode in on, will find yourself standing in the road wondering what the hell happened.
Life is good.

Terrible drivers annoy me.

People oblivious to their surroundings annoy me. This includes: (a) bikes who think that because they are bikes they need not heed to the rules of the road even though they are riding on the road; (b) pedestrians that sit on the corner on their phone, talking or just mouthbreathing while the crosswalk says to cross and then decide to cross as I pull into the intersection so I have to slam on the brakes to let them cross; and, (c) people walking and texting refusing to look or apologize when they bump into others. There are numerous other examples but I have to get back to work.

People who whine and complain about everything at a retail establishment. This also includes people who are rude to servers at a restaurant. I'm rude if the server is rude. Otherwise, I am polite and patient for the duration of the dining experience regardless if my order is correct or incorrect. I've noticed being courteous and polite when I'm in the wrong usually gets my way, anyway.

General idiocy annoys me.

I thought that was supposed to be one of the things about 911, if you can't say anything at all, just dial it and drop it and they'll send someone, at least that's what they hyped to us in school.

Phase 2 911 works. sometimes. I wouldn't count on the GPS in my phone to save my life. Case in point, got a cell 911 call about two weeks ago. I heard someone say 'put the phone down' then a crash and then a woman just going crazy screaming 'help me'. great. A DV and the signal is plotting in the middle of the golf course. took me the better part of 4 minutes (and I kept hitting the re-transmit trying to get a better plot) to get her to calm down enough to get an address, and it wasn't anywhere near the golf course. (and it wasn't a DV, it was 'put the gun down' and the crash I heard was her child, shooting herself in the head).

But then, you have times where the signal plots right where the person is.

Hit and miss at best. ALWAYS know where you are.

People who tell me that they will do something and then don't. If you aren't going to do it just tell me "no". Then, I'll get on with finding another way to do it with out the delay of determining that you aren't going to do it.

Back