NorCal Meetings Eternal page

The KLN-89 may not have a large enough data card to support the whole US and you need to check if you can even still get database updates.

Local folks seem to use LAC at SJC. I've no idea if they are "good," but at least transportation home is easy to arrange.

Looking beautiful this weekend - anyone flying?
May do Mezza Luna for lunch. Haven't been to Bebes lately and Santa Rosa has a nice restaurant on the field.

Looking beautiful this weekend - anyone flying?
May do Mezza Luna for lunch. Haven't been to Bebes lately and Santa Rosa has a nice restaurant on the field.

Flying to KSAC and back Saturday to visit family. I'd be up for Sunday at Beeb's.

HAF sounds good.. I see our stelar visibility has left us. What time at HAF it's IFR right now.

I am still at home. GF is running late. It might not work out for me today. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh well, unexpected guests today. Bebes tomorrow still sounds good?

Home boy has other commitments and family stuff so he's out.

Oh well, unexpected guests today. Bebes tomorrow still sounds good?

Beeb's (LVK) sounds good. Name the time, maybe noon or so, whatever works for you.
Anyone else?
I'll check back here later tonight and tomorrow.

Shooting for noon. Will be in the canard.

flew to Columbia today. Patty's Shack is no more. Now it's the Pepper Mill. New owners Cleaned and painted the place., the food was awesome! Home made pork sausage. Country biscuits that were lighter than air. The wife had home made corn beef hash, said it was the best ever. My new favorite place to fly for breakfast.:yes:

flew to Columbia today. Patty's Shack is no more. Now it's the Pepper Mill. New owners Cleaned and painted the place., the food was awesome! Home made pork sausage. Country biscuits that were lighter than air. The wife had home made corn beef hash, said it was the best ever. My new favorite place to fly for breakfast.:yes:

Sounds like a keeper! Livermore was hopping today. Experimentals and warbirds and such.

I went to STS, via Farallones and Pt. Reyes.

It was real quiet. One other aircraft at PAO, one at Pt. Reyes, and the Portland Dash-8 took off from STS right before I landed. I asked for a VFR climb through Class B for the water crossing and got cleared over Stanford. I guess SFO was light, too (OSI VOR is a feeder to the ILS).

Oddly, it was real clear out to sea, and hazy as hell over the bay. Inversion....

I finally got my transponder fixed (300 dollars later). Flew to bakersfield to spend time with old buddies. Smooth flight. haze not a problem. Had to recycle transponder as tower told me no mode C. I hope not another 300 dollar!!!. Anyways got about 3 and a half hours of flying fun.

My friends want me to fly to vegas from bakersfield in my airplane. Any suggessions which airport or route will be good for a low time like me.

L45 pmd hec hnd and your partying! Remember what happens in Vegas end up on the internet.

I always go into Henderson. Great FBO that can usually get you a ride into town. Cab back is pretty pricey though.....
Fuel can be very reasonable considering it's a jet center. Greeted me one hot summer day with cold water before I even opened the canopy and fuel was super cheap.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking the similar route, but wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.
Also, Henderson seems to be a better option than North Las vegas, lots of good reviews.

Anyone flying today. I am going somewhere. I just haven't picked, yet.

Did you go there? I had a great time. I thought I heard you come in over the CTAF as I was over the ocean heading over SF.

Did you go there? I had a great time. I thought I heard you come in over the CTAF as I was over the ocean heading over SF.

Yes, I brought the clown bikes and we rode over to Mavericks and hiked the bluff there. Great day! Thanks for the Pirep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am posting from Maui. I don't get back until Saturday evening. Maybe Sunday... It depends on what comes up. Anyway, I hear a mai tai calling my name, now.

The CAF breakfast is this Saturday at Modesto. Nice event - good food - good turnout.

And another event next week:

Night Fly-In, Dinner & Trivia @ Livermore (KLVK)
Tell a friend

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

6:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Beebs Sports Bar & Grill @ Livermore Muni Airport (KLVK)

915 Club House Dr, Livermore, ca (map)

Is anyone up for a Night Flight "Fly-In" followed by Dinner and a Trivia Contest?

On the "Full Moon" night of January 15, 2014. Livermore (KLVK) to eat dinner and participate in a FREE trivia contest hosted by Beebs Sports Bar & Grill (adjacent to taxiway "Juliet").

Trivia starts at 1830 hours and normally goes until 2030 hours. Teams for trivia range from 1 to 6 players and prizes are awarded to the top winning teams.

Last edited:
Right now I plan on being out Sunday, but I'll be on a specific mission. I might possibly go Saturday if the WX precludes bike riding.

The CAF breakfast is this Saturday at Modesto. Nice event - good food - good turnout.

And another event next week:

Night Fly-In, Dinner & Trivia @ Livermore (KLVK)
Tell a friend

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

6:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Beebs Sports Bar & Grill @ Livermore Muni Airport (KLVK)

915 Club House Dr, Livermore, ca (map)

Is anyone up for a Night Flight "Fly-In" followed by Dinner and a Trivia Contest?

On the "Full Moon" night of January 15, 2014. Livermore (KLVK) to eat dinner and participate in a FREE trivia contest hosted by Beebs Sports Bar & Grill (adjacent to taxiway "Juliet").

Trivia starts at 1830 hours and normally goes until 2030 hours. Teams for trivia range from 1 to 6 players and prizes are awarded to the top winning teams.
Pancakes in Modesto sounds good, I hope to make it there.
The LVK fly-in sounds great as well, but it's the same night as an FAASTeam seminar in Milpitas. :(

Pancakes in Modesto sounds good, I hope to make it there.
The LVK fly-in sounds great as well, but it's the same night as an FAASTeam seminar in Milpitas. :(

Yeah same night as the Garmin seminar in Concord

Back