NorCal Meetings Eternal page

Colusa has a fly-in and breakfast tomorrow (Sat.)

John,

Who did you take it to? Your mechanic or somewhere else?

It is a long story. I will tell you the details later, but it involves some advise from the helpful people at Power Flow and sending it out to D&G Supply out in Michigan. I have yet to get another shop to take a look, but we are pretty sure this is a running lean issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The American Yankee Association is headed to Red Bluff for lunch, I am taking my Tiger up there if anyone wants to join.

There is Wings Over Wine Country this weekend. I might fly somewhere on Sunday, but I am not sure if I can get away, yet.

Well hell, you guys are a bunch of fun....:nono:

It's San Diego, Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe for me over the next week :goofy:. Driving, not flying :crazy:

I guess I'll be at F72 doing some crosswind landings and such.

Anything happening next Sunday (8/25)? I've got a plane booked.

Sorry with my BFR coming up due and Reno (12 days, driving) and now my dog who I am taking to the ER tonight (he is throwing up blood), I'm out for the forseeable future. As PIC that is. Sorry guys.

There is Wings Over Wine Country this weekend. I might fly somewhere on Sunday, but I am not sure if I can get away, yet.

I was there on Saturday, but going alone I wasn't motivated to be there. By the time traffic and parking and walking to the gate was over with, I had spent more than 2 hours getting there.

The show was almost over. (2:30pm got there, show ending at 4pm).

Then apparently the girl pilot had pyro during aerobatics that lit the whole airport on fire so we didn't get to see any of the performers (who were replaced by Cal Fire planes). I was far away and didn't see / hear any of the drama. I had found a CFI who bought a new CTLS and was sitting in it and then found a friend who flies a WACO and then found my EAA Santa Rosa chapter buddies and had a cold one in their tent. I never got to see any airshow, vendors, or static displays. Just a day hanging with my friends. On the way out I ended up in the only D model Lockheed Harpoon flying today (Captain invited me in).

Sorry with my BFR coming up due and Reno (12 days, driving) and now my dog who I am taking to the ER tonight (he is throwing up blood), I'm out for the forseeable future. As PIC that is. Sorry guys.

Hope your dog is ok. If you want some right seat time next weekend, let me know.

Sounds like STS found a way to make their show exciting even without military planes flying...

I was there on Saturday, but going alone I wasn't motivated to be there. By the time traffic and parking and walking to the gate was over with, I had spent more than 2 hours getting there.

The show was almost over. (2:30pm got there, show ending at 4pm).

Then apparently the girl pilot had pyro during aerobatics that lit the whole airport on fire so we didn't get to see any of the performers (who were replaced by Cal Fire planes). I was far away and didn't see / hear any of the drama. I had found a CFI who bought a new CTLS and was sitting in it and then found a friend who flies a WACO and then found my EAA Santa Rosa chapter buddies and had a cold one in their tent. I never got to see any airshow, vendors, or static displays. Just a day hanging with my friends. On the way out I ended up in the only D model Lockheed Harpoon flying today (Captain invited me in).

Doesn't sound like a total loss. I'm sorry about your dog and hope for the best. I am flying to Medford to or row for business and will be there through the weekend (until Wednesday).

Weather has been amazing these past couple of weeks....Should we do a fly-in?

It is cool to see so much activity in NorCal. I am about to pull the trigger on a Grumman and will be looking for a good excuse to get it in the air.

Grumman builds one heck of a aircraft! Good luck with your purchase

If y'all ever plan any central coast flyins I'd be game!

Grumman builds one heck of a aircraft! Good luck with your purchase

If y'all ever plan any central coast flyins I'd be game!

Forgot I was looking at grummans. I didn't get it due to the useful load was so small.

How central are you? I have friends in Humboldt county that consider Sacramento to be central. Near Monterrey?

Forgot I was looking at grummans. I didn't get it due to the useful load was so small.

How central are you? I have friends in Humboldt county that consider Sacramento to be central. Near Monterrey?

Were you looking at a AA1 or 5?

I'm more in the SLO (KSBP) area, was thinking of flying up to the Sierra flyin in that lakebed, just not sure I can get the time off work :mad2:

Were you looking at a AA1 or 5?

I'm more in the SLO (KSBP) area, was thinking of flying up to the Sierra flyin in that lakebed, just not sure I can get the time off work :mad2:

AA1. Oh I just noticed that Serria Fly-in is this upcoming weekend...hmmm.

Those are November dates, BTW. I hop on a plane tomorrow morning (spam can) for Chattanooga. The coast still works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Sac Arrow is always game for a coastal run. Especially when food is involved.

Monterey? Little River (with Rex's shuttle)? Plan an inland alternate in case of WX? Mariposa, Pine Mountain Lake, Cameron Park, Livermore? November 2nd?

Monterey? Little River (with Rex's shuttle)? Plan an inland alternate in case of WX? Mariposa, Pine Mountain Lake, Cameron Park, Livermore? November 2nd?

Just booked the airplane for the afternoon on the 2nd. I am up for anywhere...maybe somewhere where we could have lunch?

I'd like to...but I can't do the 2nd. Gotta show on the Peninsula early that evening.

LLR is a nice place. A bit far in a 152.

I'd like to...but I can't do the 2nd. Gotta show on the Peninsula early that evening.

LLR is a nice place. A bit far in a 152.

Bummer. Maybe another one on the 16th. Gotta get the most out of the good weather.
Far? I've planned on 1:40 each way from our 'drome in my 150. Probably get some cheap(er) fuel in Petaluma on the way home though.

Looks like 3 so far...that should build a bit by the 2nd.

Glad to see this thread revived!...I finally got my plane at KWVI then all the activity died down!

The 2nd is iffy for me right now, but would love to try and make it up if the day frees up for me to finally start putting some faces to the names!

I probably can't go to either one but here is something that was just emailed to me regarding November 2nd:

Nov. 2, 2013 Fly-In

Fly In and have a FREE Pancakes and Beignets for Breakfast.

Minter Field Air Museum and Minter Field Air District is having a Fly -In on Nov. 2, 2013, at the (MIT) Shafter-Minter Airport.

All Aircraft Flying in or on Display on Sat. Nov. 2 will receive 2 Tickets for a FREE Breakfast in the Museum’s hangar from 7am – 10am.

( Note: Regular Breakfast price is $ 5.00, which includes admission )

SPECIAL WWll GUESTS

Meet Elinor Otto, a WWll “Rosie the Riveter.” she made the planes (and still does! )

Also meet Pearl Judd, a WWll “WASP”(Women Airforce Service Pilots) stationed at Minter Field during the War. She flew the planes.

Win cash in the spot landing and the flour bomb drop contest.

There will also be a presentation in the Museum’s Library on the Fokker F-32, the first passenger plane to service Kern County.

Come show us your Airplane, Antique, L-Bird, Experimental, R.V. Cub, Ultralights, Amphibians, Light Sport, or what ever you fly.

There’s a special invitation to all, Pietenpols and Turners airplanes.

(Please let us know in advance if you plan to attend so we can reserve a parking space and your Breakfast Tickets.)

Clubs can sign up so you can park all your planes together.

PH. 661-654-9159

Ugh! Just go dump into two projects at work so it doesn't seem like i'll be able to go this weekend :mad2:

So, who's in?
Maybe somewhere closer if anyone has limited time.
I know I'm flying somewhere this weekend. :D

Back