NorCal Meetings Eternal page

If there are a couple of other "for sures", I'm in for noon at the little building next to the airplane parking area. I'll check in the morning.

I'm out Tomorrow. Flying,but helping a friend out. He's Selling his plane. Then a big hanger party, Saturday night. Might have a hanger over
Sunday. we will see...:D

Well, the wife isn't feeling well, so it looks like I can make it. I'll take my son.

Noon by transient parking it is.

Anyway I'm here sitting at the FBO (a bench under a shaded bulletin board.). Holy crap there's like nothing here.

I swear it was like waiting for moth*****ng Goudot, but, worth it. Mak Daddy G and son, and Master Aeric and I had a great time at the Buckhorn restaurant. There was a Reggae festival going on, so there were like all these Rasta moth*****ers walking around. Some smelled okay, some smelled bad, others smelled like burning rope.

Already back and have the BBQ fired up. Finally can enjoy those brews I couldn't touch in Boonville.

I swear it was like waiting for moth*****ng Goudot, but, worth it. Mak Daddy G and son, and Master Aeric and I had a great time at the Buckhorn restaurant. There was a Reggae festival going on, so there were like all these Rasta moth*****ers walking around. Some smelled okay, some smelled bad, others smelled like burning rope.

Already back and have the BBQ fired up. Finally can enjoy those brews I couldn't touch in Boonville.

Sounds like a blast! Sorry I missed it. HAF was great though and I will check out Booneville tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome!

I have landed Angwin and don't care to do it again in the near future. I'll cast another vote for Booneville. I have never been there and it sounds interesting.

So, what happened to you?

Weather forecast is uncertain which sucks because I told two pilots at a hangar party tonight to meet me at 12:30pm in Boonville.

Weather forecast is uncertain which sucks because I told two pilots at a hangar party tonight to meet me at 12:30pm in Boonville.

Ukiah's TAF calls for broken at 5,000 feet by 1:00 pm, giving you a 6,000 foot ceiling on the way back. A little iffy going direct but probably doable if you hug the coast.

Looks like weather cancels (5k ceilings and thunder storms). I talked to Kimberly.

This has between forecast for several days. May have to sorta scud run to work tomorrow..:redface:

:lol::lol: Yep, and the hotties that some of them were with must have lost their sense of smell.:confused:
A good time, great to see you guys. Mike, sounds like you've got to budget for flying lessons for Max.

Next one...?

Hehe, yeah, I've known that for a while.

Despite the wind, the return was phenomenal. Bumpy as hell in the valley, but smooth as glass on the coast at 5500. No turbulence past climbout until passing through Class B at 3500, then some light with occasional moderate mountain turbulence until landing.

We saw a stunning onshore fog bank on the north shore of Pt. Reyes, and had a close view of a passing 737 in Class B.

It was near-perfect VFR with at least 50 miles visibility on the coast. But it was foggy at the Pt. Reyes lighthouse.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, next weekend is the annual Canards West get together at Columbia. We'll have quite a few canards and usually a few RVs there. Mike Melville will give a talk on flying with Dick Rutan around the world in two Long EZs. See link below for the event if interested. May be to late to get in on the dinner and presentations but I may be mistaken. Good time to see the Experimental world from our perspective. Nice airport, town, camping etc. as well. A world known propeller builder will visit in his RV6. Always a source of great info on props and some history on famous props he designed and built.
PS:
http://www.haltonbrat.com/canardswest2013details.htm

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, next weekend is the annual Canards West get together at Columbia. We'll have quite a few canards and usually a few RVs there. Mike Melville will give a talk on flying with Dick Rutan around the world in two Long EZs. See link below for the event if interested. May be to late to get in on the dinner and presentations but I may be mistaken. Good time to see the Experimental world from our perspective. Nice airport, town, camping etc. as well. A world known propeller builder will visit in his RV6. Always a source of great info on props and some history on famous props he designed and built.
PS:

I could strap on a "falsie" canard to my Cherokee, then I would fit right in

Yeah, there were a few bumps, two good ones on climbout from D83. Nice tailwind to O69 for the cheap fuel:yes:, said hi and had a short chat with an acquaintance there, then home.

PS:

Hmmm, I might make it there.

I could strap on a "falsie" canard to my Cherokee, then I would fit right in

Heh, I was going to duct tape a cardboard forward leaning fin to my vertical stabilizer to make it look like a Mooney, for the Mooney fly in.

So I didn't get to fly on Sunday. But I did ride a flying couch (taxi only). Not sure if I can link it to here but there is a video on my facebook. The rudder pedals worked, but the brakes didn't. We broke a tire, an inner tube, a throttle cable, and the pull start thing which starts the motor. And did donuts. What fun a privately owned airport can be. Oh and a RC helicopter filmed it (that video not yet posted).

Hello all,

Has anything been planned for July yet? Hoping for a flyin in the near future.

Jen & Mal

Hello all,

Has anything been planned for July yet? Hoping for a flyin in the near future.

Jen & Mal

I would not fly but that is because you would all need ground transportation . . . . If you guys would rather do something longer than just a lunch I could pick up four of you at KSTS (I think some of the Jet Centers have crew cars too) and drive you to the Sonoma County Fair. They have horse racing and live music. It is at the end of July.

EDIT: not just horse racing and live music. Some nights have rodeos and other major events. During the day they have really cute events like greasing pigs and kids chasing them, petting zoos, magic acts, local arts and crafts, lots of food (not just kettle corn), and even carnival rides.

Hello All,

Anyone up for a 4th July Fly-in with camping? Not sure where we would go but John gave a couple suggestions:

Yeah, post it to the Eternal page. This last minute, the choices will be limited. Trinity is supposed to be a little tricky (surrounded by terrain), but I would be game. Kern is a bit of a haul, but might be fun. If we fly into Redding, we could probably carpool from there. Eureka gets fogged in a lot, so will be iffy, though Humboldt is worth the trip. KFOT is closer to Humboldt and inland, but when I tried to get a rental car there, I failed. Camping on the field is pretty much Columbia, Georgetown, Kern and Oceano, from my research.

Hello All,

Anyone up for a 4th July Fly-in with camping? Not sure where we would go but John gave a couple suggestions:

I checked the Trinity KOA website and they aren't showing any availability that weekend. I think Oceano is first come first serve, but they have quite a bit of room on the grass.

Just FYI, speaking as a central coaster....

Be really careful where you fire off fireworks. You may get away with the beach, especially below the high tide line and aimed out over the water -- or maybe not.

But risk lighting a hillside on fire, and the locals will strangle you with your own intestines.

All fireworks are illegal across virtually the entire central coast, for good reason. We get a couple of fireworks-related wildfires every year. Occasionally really big ones that destroy people's homes. Please take this seriously.

Often the local cities have professional displays, with the fire department on hand. But not all; for instance, Santa Cruz does municipal fireworks in October (Founders' Day) when the weather is much better.

You're also very likely to get fogged out at night.

I checked the Trinity KOA website and they aren't showing any availability that weekend. I think Oceano is first come first serve, but they have quite a bit of room on the grass.

There is camping at Shelter Cove, also (I had forgotten). It is right off the south side of the runway. Getting in there can be iffy, with fog, though.

:lol::lol: Yep, and the hotties that some of them were with must have lost their sense of smell.:confused:
Next one...?

They like that smell, it's weird I know.

Wish I could have made this one, but have only been popping on and off of POA lately, so didn't check this thread. Been trying to balance the full-time work/band/girlfriend/student thing again so Scyscraper is a busy boy, it must be Summertime again...

I'll remember to keep tabs on the thread in the hopes of catching one soon. Also, won't be bound to my usual distance limits. Putting together a plan with my CFI now to get my cert by the end of July, fingers crossed...

Not sure I can camp - I have work both the day before and the day after the fourth of July.

Plus I don't even own a sleeping bag.

Have fun!

They like that smell, it's weird I know.

Wish I could have made this one, but have only been popping on and off of POA lately, so didn't check this thread. Been trying to balance the full-time work/band/girlfriend/student thing again so Scyscraper is a busy boy, it must be Summertime again...

I'll remember to keep tabs on the thread in the hopes of catching one soon. Also, won't be bound to my usual distance limits. Putting together a plan with my CFI now to get my cert by the end of July, fingers crossed...

Good luck.

I flew RIGHT over STS on the way over there. And I had two empty seats and about 300 lb spare useful load....if I only knew.

Any of you going to the Annual Cub Fly-In this July in Lompoc? A super cub with an extra seat just contaced me.

Any of you going to the Annual Cub Fly-In this July in Lompoc? A super cub with an extra seat just contaced me.

I have a strategy for disguising my Cherokee as a canard, but I don't think I can pull off a cub :)

Seriously, Lompoc is quite a haul in a cub. Have fun!

Just FYI, speaking as a central coaster....

Be really careful where you fire off fireworks. You may get away with the beach, especially below the high tide line and aimed out over the water -- or maybe not.

But risk lighting a hillside on fire, and the locals will strangle you with your own intestines.

All fireworks are illegal across virtually the entire central coast, for good reason. We get a couple of fireworks-related wildfires every year. Occasionally really big ones that destroy people's homes. Please take this seriously.

Often the local cities have professional displays, with the fire department on hand. But not all; for instance, Santa Cruz does municipal fireworks in October (Founders' Day) when the weather is much better.

You're also very likely to get fogged out at night.

I think this warning is for Sac. No lighting M80's and throwing them out the window as you do a low pass on the Buddhist temple.

I think this warning is for Sac. No lighting M80's and throwing them out the window as you do a low pass on the Buddhist temple.

I'm perfectly fine with Buddhists. They cook up hella good teriyaki and pound Sapporo beer at their festivals.

Wherever y'all go know it's going to be disgustingly hot. For those with power challenged aircraft PLEASE watch your density altitude even at minor elevations. We lose somebody every year to this simple issue.

Wherever y'all go know it's going to be disgustingly hot. For those with power challenged aircraft PLEASE watch your density altitude even at minor elevations. We lose somebody every year to this simple issue.

Speaking of heat, escaping to the coast might be a good plan this weekend.

Speaking of heat, escaping to the coast might be a good plan this weekend.

It's going to be hot at the coast, too. And KHAF is going to be a total circus.

Watch the DA. Inland, it may exceed 3000 at sea level. That's when you start leaning at run-up in a 172.

Back