Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

When we last left The Monkey, he was recovering from a tumble off a vintage high-wing. Fortunately, no airplanes were harmed during the stunt.

This morning, we bring you the more pedestrian side of The Monkey in Oshkosh. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go...IMG_0588.JPG
And while Oshkosh avoided all the bathroom/gender controversy, we are all very pleased that The Monkey does wash his hands.

IMG_0585.JPG

He picked up a lot of bad habits there.
When I got him, he was like Robert Downy Jr. in "Less than Zero" or like Robert Downy Jr. in real life.

He seems to have cleaned up his life.

Still a ways to go to catch up to Charlie (Sheen). :cool:

When we last left The Monkey, he was recovering from a tumble off a vintage high-wing. Fortunately, no airplanes were harmed during the stunt.

This morning, we bring you the more pedestrian side of The Monkey in Oshkosh. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go...View attachment 47032
And while Oshkosh avoided all the bathroom/gender controversy, we are all very pleased that The Monkey does wash his hands.

View attachment 47033
nothing you see here. Just a dude taking pictures in the men's room

nothing you see here. Just a dude taking pictures in the men's room
b0609611aad3fe63b0122261a6ab7a5c.jpg

Speaking of... Jet West in Salinas.

Let's get the weekend started...

The Monkey has big plans.
IMG_0655.JPG
And for all of you, here's an image of The Monkey that you never would have expected after his time in Las Vegas.

IMG_8552.JPG
I'll be away from the computer until Sunday, so carry on as best you can. Once I return, I'll share more Adventures of The Monkey at Oshkosh, and, special new Adventures of The Monkey in Colorado!

I know that look............."okay, Bryan, I'll take a pic with this stupid monkey so you can post it on that stupid forum for all your stupid imaginary internet friends to get a kick out of. Now can we go have friggin dinner now please? Thank you. "

U sure that's not just hemorrhoids, Nate?

I didn't know I could sense @SixPapaCharlie 's hemorrhoids or the monkey's hemorrhoids with this fancy new Force skill thing I have.

Some old dude in a swamp showed me how to do this stuff. I think his name was @Clark1961 ... That or he's just screwing with me and Mercury is in retrograde. ;)

There are plenty of pictures of The Monkey at Oshkosh to last another week, or more. And I'm working on some adventures for him here in Colorado.

Soon, he'll be going to Bremerton, Washington for the AOPA Fly-In. That seems like a fine time to hand him off to a POA member who can take him flying in Washington and deliver him to another state.

EMan1200 is keeping good track of where The Monkey has been. I believe we can get him to all 50 states in the USA, and hopefully he can tour Canada. Rwellner98 has offered to tour him through the 31 states in Mexico, which is terrific.

Who wants Monkey Custody in Washington??
Who will help make the dream complete?

I can take custody at Bremerton and then he will go south to Portland, Oregon. From there I can hand him off to anyone flying into any of the PDX area airports. I'd be able to fly to and make a handoff somewhere in about a 300 mile range. The timing for that depends on the Rental Schedule gods.

Yeah, DenverPilot is right. But the idea sounds great! Red4Golf is also interested, so we can work it out so everyone gets to share some monkey love!

Yeah, DenverPilot is right. But the idea sounds great! Red4Golf is also interested, so we can work it out so everyone gets to share some monkey love!

Saw that above. The monkey should definitely go hang with the Army and Airforce dudes and boobs. I can get him from Red4Golf later for the Oregon stop. I'm toying with idea of getting him to 88NV for a photo op in Nevada. Handing him off there probably wouldn't work but I could leave him with an FBO in the Reno area for later pickup when someone can get there.

We had a nail-biting, tense, scary, scary situation on Friday and narrowly avoided a horrible catastrophe! The Monkey was closely examining a HondaJet parked on the ramp at KBJC. Just breaking and entering as he usually does, nothing special. A gust of wind came up, and...

The Monkey was down! He tumbled from the wing's leading edge headfirst towards the concrete. Fortunately, his animal instincts did him proud and he righted himself and stuck the landing like an Olympic gymnast!

But the scare wasn't over yet! Yes, he saved himself, but he was perilously close to a major catastrophe that would have involved calling, confessing, and complying with the ramp ops people to get him back. Fortunately for The Monkey, an inch is nearly as good as seven feet. Here's an unretouched photo!

IMG_8788.JPG
The Monkey recovered fully and will share many more adventures later this evening.

...But the scare wasn't over yet! Yes, he saved himself, but he was perilously close to a major catastrophe that would have involved calling, confessing, and complying with the ramp ops people to get him back. Fortunately for The Monkey, an inch is nearly as good as seven feet. Here's an unretouched photo!....

Fortunately for YOU, G-man! The monkey is used to big, deep, dark, wet holes but holy cr@p if u ended TGMR like this?!? PHeW!!! Anyways, looks like a coupl'a 9/16" bolts holding that grate in place, no prob!

No grates were harmed in the making of this Adventure.

Found another dick in my car.

This is concerning. I'm hoping you just had a passenger named Richard, a detective, or an unkind person, and not the other kind. If it was "the other kind," I hope it was attached to a male of some species, and if so, I hope it was covered with at least one article of clothing, or sheathed. In other words, WTF?

For the love of Pete, just tell me it wasn't like this:

Last edited:
Well, it's time for The Monkey to post his penultimate photos from Oshkosh.

As everyone who is anyone knows, EAA Airventure boasts just about every possible kind of aviation transportation. Here, we see The Monkey enjoying some less-common types of General Aviation.

First, The Monkey finds a sweet LTA ride that's just his size.

IMG_0646.JPG

Inspired by this, The Monkey sets his sights on Outer Space - to Infinity and Beyond!
IMG_0647.JPG
Stay tuned for The Monkey's final adventures leaving Oshkosh, and his new adventures in Colorado.

I'm flying my Bo out to Sacramento then up to Klamath Falls, OR over Labor Day weekend then back to Nola after giving a few checkrides to the K-falls guys. If the monkey wants to tag along, I can get him back to the SE or any stop in between. (and can take him up in the Eagle)

I'm flying my Bo out to Sacramento then up to Klamath Falls, OR over Labor Day weekend then back to Nola after giving a few checkrides to the K-falls guys. If the monkey wants to tag along, I can get him back to the SE or any stop in between. (and can take him up in the Eagle)

great offer, thanks!

The Monkey is very excited today!! He's heard about the offers from Red4Golf, luvflyin, and especially EvilEagle's offer to finally let him at the controls of a supersonic airplane!

Here's how it looked a few weeks ago when, with tears in his eyes, The Monkey parted Oshkosh and his aviating brethren.
IMG_0617.JPG

Let's be honest, though: Those tears were due to the shame, the ignominy, the horror of The Monkey flying on a commercial airline. Oh, the awfulness of it all. Here's The Monkey in a lonely, deserted airport terminal waiting a long long time to get airborne.
IMG_0651.JPG

And when he finally got airborne, there were tiny little windows with no view at all.
IMG_8535.JPG

The next afternoon, The Monkey found himself in Colorado. The good part, near Boulder! KBJC, KBDU, KEIK, KLMO and friendly people with nice airplanes.

Stay tuned for more adventures of The Monkey in Colorado before he travels to AOPA Bremerton this weekend.

The next afternoon, The Monkey found himself in Colorado. The good part, near Boulder! KBJC, KBDU, KEIK, KLMO and friendly people with nice airplanes.

Stay tuned for more adventures of The Monkey in Colorado before he travels to AOPA Bremerton this weekend.

The Monkey still needs to go shooting. ;-)

The monkey could have gone on an international flight with me today, but he might have had trouble reentering the US without a passport.

The monkey could have gone on an international flight with me today, but he might have had trouble reentering the US without a passport.

Yes, we (I mean we in the collective everyone involved sense) get the monkey a passport. I have his original birth cert... I mean mold number.

Back