Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

Monkey is partying at SOS Brothers!

Left to right: @Dave Theisen, @ChemGuy, @SixPapaCharlie, @denverpilot, @TimRV10

07d7326c79c7eb1f0e3679adb2a07fc6.jpg

What happened to the blond? Why didn't y'all get her in that pic?

Last edited:
Monkey is partying at SOS Brothers!

Left to right: @Dave Theisen, @ChemGuy, @SixPapaCharlie, @denverpilot, @TimRV10

07d7326c79c7eb1f0e3679adb2a07fc6.jpg
No offense but from this pic i can already hear the conversation beforehand.
"What are you going to wear ?" "Khaki shorts! Me too" "with cargo pockets, bitchin choice!" " let's call xxxxxx and xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx and tell them to wear some so we can look fresh, bro!"

In all seriousness, I wish I was there. Looks like you guys are having a blast. Next year I am going to take the boys with and introduce them to Oshkosh. Till then, keep us updated on what we are missing.

No offense but from this pic i can already hear the conversation beforehand.
"What are you going to wear ?" "Khaki shorts! Me too" "with cargo pockets, bitchin choice!" " let's call xxxxxx and xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx and tell them to wear some so we can look fresh, bro!"

Just out of curiosity, let's say it's summer, you're in the midwest, you're spending most of your time outdoors in the sun, you've got several acres to walk and you're a middle aged white guy. What would you wear? :)

Just out of curiosity, let's say it's summer, you're in the midwest, you're spending most of your time outdoors in the sun, you've got several acres to walk and you're a middle aged white guy. What would you wear? :)
Whatever my wife told me to wear!

image.jpeg
Wow. I have The Monkey.
I am honored, flattered, and humbled by the responsibility.

Current plan is for the monkey to return to Colorado with me, then travel to Washington State mid-month for the AOPA FlyIn at Bremerton.

I would like to hand him off in the NorthWest to help him reset for a tour of all fifty states and I believe we at POA can make it happen for him!

Here is the official handoff from DaveTheisen, as witnessed by ChemGuy. Shortly after this, they fled while the monkey bit me and guzzled all the Diet Mt Dew in the booth.

image.jpeg

So Just a thought.
Can someone Create a thread that is just titled Monkey Map or something where we can append states.
Not sure it is fair for Eman to keep tracking it (Even thought I do feel this is Eman's monkey). But maybe each person that picks him up, add that state to the monkey map thread?

Here are more pictures of The Monkey enjoying Oshkosh. This will go on for several days. I plan to bring him to the AOPA Fly-In in Bremerton, WA and would love to pass him along to a POAer to complete his journeys to all fifty states.

First, The Monkey salutes the Kent State University aviation display. Their mascot is much less portable than ours!
IMG_0513.JPG

Second, The Monkey test flies the Cirrus Vision jet. Here is The Monkey giving a big wave to the Gear Up switch!
IMG_0516.JPG

He was totally enthusiastic and cool about it! Once I explained the mission of The Monkey, which typically takes a while. Wait until you see the pictures coming in the next few days...

6PC is envious of The Monkey because The Monkey gets to fly via Embraer!IMG_0526.JPG

But The Monkey is an equal-opportunity freeloader:
IMG_0523.JPG

The Monkey has reminded me we had lots of adventures and many pictures to share, so I better step up the postings!

Hey - it's Oskhosh! The Monkey wants to show his spirit!
IMG_0551.JPG

These nice folks seemed very happy to have their photo taken with The Monkey. Either they are guarding the youth and keeping him safe from The Monkey, or they simply don't know the history of The Monkey before Oshkosh.
IMG_0544.JPG
The Monkey business will continue tomorrow... Keep those cards and letters coming, boys and girls!

Ya know, maybe Evil can get the monkey a pilot slot in the LA Guard. Ist monkey fighter jock. That one that went up in space has nothing on this monkey. Cool.

For an F-15 ride, I'll be The Monkey!

BTW, I got to meet Evil Eagle at Oshkosh. A super nice guy! I wonder where the nickname came from?

The Monkey must visit all fifty States and Canada via general aviation!

It would be fantastic to get The Monkey to Mexico!

Meanwhile, back at Oshkosh... The Monkey checks out some weather and decides to stay just where he is - for the moment.
IMG_0553.JPG

Everyone loves The Monkey! (Except most of the citizens of Las Vegas.) Here is The Monkey spending time with a whole family of volunteers at Oshkosh, and getting a private tour of FIFI (from a safe distance).IMG_0532.JPG

Back