Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

If he ever makes it back this way, let me know and I'll show him a good time. :cheerswine:

That may happen. Plans are in place to hand him off to @EvilEagle in a few days in Klamath Falls, KLMT. He's from Nawlins'. Louisiana was the one state down dixie way he didn't make it to before if I'm reading the map right. Maybe someone could get him baked into a King Cake and get him up to you.

If he ever makes it back this way, let me know and I'll show him a good time. :cheerswine:

don't be surprised if I show up at your door dressed in monkey suit. UH, I mean don't be surprised if THE MONKEY shows up at your door, yeah, THE MONKEY. NOT me dressed in a monkey suit.

don't be surprised if I show up at your door dressed in monkey suit. UH, I mean don't be surprised if THE MONKEY shows up at your door, yeah, THE MONKEY. NOT me dressed in a monkey suit.

Man falls into giant vat of dough. At the site of an attempt to break the worlds record for the largest King Cake ever, an unidentified man jumped into the 1000 gallon vat of dough being prepared for the record attempt. Film at 11 on the Nightly Eyewitness news

The Monkey was set for handoff to EvilEagle this morning but flight has been scrubbed for weather. Theres an outside chance it could happen later today. Maybe tomorrow

The Monkey was set for handoff to EvilEagle this morning but flight has been scrubbed for weather. Theres an outside chance it could happen later today. Maybe tomorrow

Does that mean it's going to find its way aboard an F15 at some point?

Does that mean it's going to find its way aboard an F15 at some point?

That would make for a great episode to the continuing Saga Of The Monkey. He said he was there to give checkrides I think. There's an ANG base at PDX. Maybe he can work in a cross country LMT-PDX-LMT and I could hand him off there.

PDX is just a little too far out of the way- already have over 10 hours of flying to get back this week.

Yup, I'll get the monkey some Eagle time.
Dude!!!!!!!
Someone somewhere in California is like "I wonder where my little plastic monkey is. It was here in the breakroom."
I bet nothing I have ever lost has gone on such a great adventure. This puts that roaming gnome story to shame.

Having come into the whole Monkey Saga rather late, I have to ask...

Does the Monkey have a log book?
Keeping a record of all of this would be cool, and noteworthy.

There is a logbook of sorts attached to the envelope, er, I mean the traveling monkey sack that gets handed off from pilot to pilot. Also, my signature map is a map of his travels as well.

If I ever would have guessed that the monkey would make it that far, I would have equipped him with an actual logbook.

And would you send it via GA pilots flying one short leg at a time until it meets the monkey?
Actually, if you really wanted to do this, you would send it to Sac and let him endorse it, the he sends it to the next on the list....and so on till it catches up with the monkey.

East side of the Cascades. Mt Hood, Jefferson and The Monkey likes The Three SistersIMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0172.JPG

Someday someone will put the photos and the log in a scrapbook covered in penis shaped glitter to remember the Monkey.

@EvilEagle , whatcha up to? of course I'm referring to mach speed. has the monkey finished AGSM training or is he a natural lil g-monster?

The monkey and I have had a busy week. After the near-loss of the monkey to luvflyin's appetite, we sat off for Boise, ID. The monkey took some time to get to know the new traveling machine & his new pilot.
Monkey_LMT_Depart.jpg

The monkey said goodbye to the pacific time zone and Mount Shasta as we cruised towards KBOI at 11,500'.

Monkey_Shasta_Bye.JPG

The monkey liked the fresh air scoop - even when it wasn't in use.

Monkey_NoHands.JPG

The monkey was initially spooked by some of the gizmo's in the cockpit.

Monkey_gizmos.JPG

He figured out the situation and continued to enjoy the ride.

Monkey_LMT_BOI3.jpg

After an uneventful arrival in Boise and a few beers with an old friend of mine, we were up early to say goodbye to Boise and on to Denver, Centenial (KAPA)

BOI-Bye.JPG

He really celebrated the tailwind we had - even if it was too bumpy for any good pics.

BOI-APA9.JPG

The monkey could not believe how hot it was in the mile high city. He almost passed out before we could get inside!

Monkey_APA_Hot.JPG

To try to avoid the bumps, we got up early and put the gear in the well just after sunrise the next morning.

Monkey_APA_Sunrise.JPG

Need to split this monster post up...

Attachments

• Monkey_Hug.JPG
    Monkey_Hug.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 9
After a 6.1 direct flight from Denver to New Orleans (KAPA - KNEW)... the monkey was sad to say goodbye to the Bonanza - he gave the plane a hug and a special high-10 to the powerplant.

Monkey_Hug.JPG

Monkey_Motor.JPG

The monkey was anxious to get a shot at the Eagle jet (of course he was - who wouldn't be?!) Good news for him - he didn't have to wait long. We got back to New Orleans on Friday afternoon and Saturday he got his shot in the Eagle... TWICE!

The taxi references were different than he's used to.
Monkey_Taxi.JPG

He loved the G's, speed and the feel of the jet. He was a natural fighter pilot!

Monkey_Selfie.JPG

He even had a few critiques for our wingman about his formation position!
Monkey_Wingman.JPG

Overall, he loved his time in the Eagle!

Monkey_HUD_1.JPG

So far he's logged 11.3 in my Bonanza and 3.6 in the F-15 - a very lucky monkey!

I'm flying up to northern New York this coming week (via Cincinnati) - anyone want to take charge of this wild critter to continue the adventure?

Back