Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

My route with the monkey was KLMT-KBOI-MWB-KAPA-KNEW. In the Eagle he went KNBG to our training airspace just south of Eglin (W151), did a training sortie there then flew back to KNBG. The second sortie he went to our closer airspace (about 75NM east of NBG) for a training sortie before recovering at KNBG.

Evil were you able to give the monkey an unrestricted climb to FL 230 or higher?

Monkey needs to go to orbit next. LOL

OK, so, bare with me here for a sec, y'all.

Mr. denver-"I love pecker-ations"-pilot suggested outer space for the monkey. Now at first this seemed a little far fetched, as work is busy and I really don't have the means or the time to get into outer space right now. But this did get me thinking. Then my head hurt, because I thought. Anyways, how in the world could we get the monkey into outer-freakin-space, you ask? Well then it hit me. Why don't we, you know, ask an astronaut? So that's what I did!

There's this dude from my high school. He's a coupl'a years older than me but we were at the high school at the same time. Who knows, I give it a 5% chance he might even remember my name. Turns out, I decided to pursue a career in IT, but for whatever reason, this guy decided to go into Astronauteering. I think that's what it's called. Well I friended him on facebook the other day and today he accepted. I have since pleaded my case for him to take the monkey into outer space. It should be his primary objective over everything else in the world. Forget about feeding your children. Forget about telling your wife you love her. Forget about watching every old episode of Breaking Bad on netflix. Monkey. Rocket. Space. TGMR. NothingElseMatters.

I think that's the best I can do until my space shuttle comes back from the shop and I can do this myself. Let's see if he responds. Or un-friends me. But hopefully he flies the MonkeyMission of a lifetime.

Depending on his response, if any, I may see if you guys want to plead your case with him either on FB or twitter. Let's see if he says anything.

Wow, space would be totally cool. Not sure we even need an Astronaut!

How hard could it be?

If you're only going for the edge of space, I know folks at eoss.org who could probably get the monkey quite a ways up, now that I think about it.

I'd have to ask if there were some way to attach him where a photo could be taken of him, though.

They'd probably do it.

I'm pretty sure many of my customers in Huntsville could accommodate getting him up in space. Its the getting him back thing that is a problem.

yo @EvilEagle , monkey keeping you busy?
Sorry everyone - just been swamped at work this week. Couldn't work it out to get the monkey to Cajun_Flyer but we'll figure something out. I'm going to Kissimmee next week to get checked out in a T-6; maybe the monkey will like that too?

OK, so, bare with me here for a sec, y'all.

Mr. denver-"I love pecker-ations"-pilot suggested outer space for the monkey. Now at first this seemed a little far fetched, as work is busy and I really don't have the means or the time to get into outer space right now. But this did get me thinking. Then my head hurt, because I thought. Anyways, how in the world could we get the monkey into outer-freakin-space, you ask? Well then it hit me. Why don't we, you know, ask an astronaut? So that's what I did!

There's this dude from my high school. He's a coupl'a years older than me but we were at the high school at the same time. Who knows, I give it a 5% chance he might even remember my name. Turns out, I decided to pursue a career in IT, but for whatever reason, this guy decided to go into Astronauteering. I think that's what it's called. Well I friended him on facebook the other day and today he accepted. I have since pleaded my case for him to take the monkey into outer space. It should be his primary objective over everything else in the world. Forget about feeding your children. Forget about telling your wife you love her. Forget about watching every old episode of Breaking Bad on netflix. Monkey. Rocket. Space. TGMR. NothingElseMatters.

I think that's the best I can do until my space shuttle comes back from the shop and I can do this myself. Let's see if he responds. Or un-friends me. But hopefully he flies the MonkeyMission of a lifetime.

Depending on his response, if any, I may see if you guys want to plead your case with him either on FB or twitter. Let's see if he says anything.

ok so I haven't gotten a response to my initial PM to this guy, but I see he doesn't really respond much to anyone who posts stuff to him. anyways, I did start replying to some of his posts, let's see if this gets us anywhere.

z_space02.jpg

z_space01.jpg

@EvilEagle gets the first two cameos. I think next I'll take the 'cute little monkey' approach, followed by the gun-to-the-monkey's-head approach.

The monkey was feeling exceptionally patriotic this week and asked to accompany me while I sat alert to defend the Gulf region. He enjoyed sleeping in the alert facility and meeting the guys.
Monkey_intake.jpeg

He REALLY like monkey-ing around with the live weapons. Here he is on an AIM-9X:
Monkey_9x.jpeg

Wow, the monkey makes me proud. I did my best to instill my values in him and I'm quite happy with his progress.

He's had a lot of help on the way.

A little early for Gaston's but I'm headed up to Mountain Home AR this weekend if the monkey is still down here in the deep south.

I'll re-corrupt him one of these days.

I hope you know what your asking for, this one is different! I took him to work with me to visit the sims...getting him on base was one thing, the things he did at work is unspeakable and I about lost my job. So be warned this monkey is not for the faint of heart.

Sorry folks, the monkey thread dropped to the second page of the Hangar Talk section - my fault!

We continue to stay busy (so much that we haven't been on the board much lately). The monkey really enjoyed his training in the F-15 but felt it was a bit advanced for him - after all he's only got what? - 100 hours or so? I agreed with his assessment and commended him on his self awareness. I just happened to have some training planned so off we went to Kissimmee, FL (KISM)

Thom Richards (yes the same Thom that got run over at Reno this year) runs Warbird Adventures at KISM. Not only does he do T-6 training there, but also has a very nice little museum. This week we were lucky - in addition to the normal exibits, he also had the Dixie Wing's F-4U Corsair and a P-40 from American AirPower Museum in New York. The monkey was impressed with them all!
Monkey_Corsair.jpg

Monkey_P40.jpg

Monkey_Aerocar.jpg

Monkey_MiG.jpg

Over three days we flew six flights in two different T-6s:
Office1.jpg

We did lots and LOTS of landings but we also did stalls, loops, aileron rolls, barrel rolls, cloverleafs, Immelmanns, Cuban 8's, reverse Cuban 8's, split S's, accelerated stalls, spin entries, avalanches, deep stalls, emergency procedures, hesitation rolls, short fields, soft fields and maybe a few things we forgot. We both had an absolute blast. The monkey didn't have as good of a view as I did and he couldn't reach the controls so only I got cleared to solo the T-6, but maybe the monkey will get it next time. After three busy days of flying the monkey was blown away by the experience.
Monkey_blownaway.jpg
Monkey_Office.jpg

And I went home with a big smile on my face!
T6_Self.jpg

Attachments

• Monkey_T6.jpg
    Monkey_T6.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
we have just surpassed the 100 picture mark since 'Chapter 2' started. unless evil has more plans, we need to start coordinating the next handoff.

I'm not writing a book....
But someone needs to.

I know the next big event for POA is Gastons. That same weekend I'll be getting my first (hopefully of many) P-51 flights and flying the T-6 more so the monkey is welcome to come along for that one but I won't be at Gastons this year. Apart from that there are no big aviation journeys in my immediate future; happy to hand him off when someone is ready to meet/come get him.

I'm not writing a book....
But someone needs to.

the book is self-writing! it's already on Chapter 2!

in fact, with the latest monkey escapade in Florida, we have now hit just about every southern state in the US! (not sure wtf you consider north carolina, but if that's the final destination, it doesn't count). here is the updated sig map:

VisitedStatesMap_SIG.gif

Maybe Chapter 3 is the northern half? maybe cajun needs her own chapter? I dunno. tune in next time, same monkey time, same monkey channel!

The monkey and I flew through Wyoming - didn't land but flew through it - does that count?

Evil were you able to give the monkey an unrestricted climb to FL 230 or higher?
Sorry I missed this post earlier. We did an unrestricted climb but we can only go straight to 15k' here in Nola because Houston Center owns the airspace above that. The monkey did go supersonic (about 1.2 or so) and topped out at 47,500' on his first sortie in the Eagle.

.....The monkey did go supersonic (about 1.2 or so) and topped out at 47,500' on his first sortie in the Eagle.

in case any of you missed this quote, allow me to repost lol. this is freakin epic.

.....The monkey did go supersonic (about 1.2 or so) and topped out at 47,500' on his first sortie in the Eagle.

"I know this book! Your conclusions were all wrong, Sac... Halsey acted stupidly."

I shee what you did there.
ko_sean_connery_red_october_kb_130405_mn.jpg

Back