Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

84fb9c31119926aa9903be2a48225348.jpg

Lonely ramp at KBAK today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on team, we gotta do better… I mean, I’m busy, but I expect more outta you lot!

21st is probably my earliest availability

I shouldn’t comment cuz I’ve only made one of these, but maybe setting something up 1 month out might work better than spur of the moment or a few days. I’m too busy the rest of this month, then annual starts in Nov.

I shouldn’t comment cuz I’ve only made one of these, but maybe setting something up 1 month out might work better than spur of the moment or a few days. I’m too busy the rest of this month, then annual starts in Nov.
Agreed.

My plane is down for the foreseeable future, and harvest prevails over anything fun, so I'm staying out of the planning. That said, if we're rained out, I'd absolutely rent the cess-na (said to the tune of the sad trombone) to come see you guys. I'm pulling for you!

21st is probably my earliest availability
The 21st might work for me.

Also, October 19th is the monthly "Third Thursday" BBQ in Mason City, IA (KMCW). Always a fun event, and I plan to be there.
Grills start at 6:00 PM. Bring meat for yourselves and a side dish to share.
More info on this Facebook page

- Martin

21st might work for me as well if I’m in town. What time / location was everyone thinking?

Anyone interested is going to:
Bessie’s at KJVL
Jet Room at KMSN
Hanger 5 at KBAK

Tomorrow morning?

These were my suggestions, happy to entertain other ideas/suggestions for the 21st!!

I say we bring the party to the farm....breakfast at @Jim K 's place! I mean, I'll be out of town, but the rest of y'all need feed the farmers of PoA!
Wasn’t he saying there was a flat piece of earth on his property we could land?

Wasn’t he saying there was a flat piece of earth on his property we could land?
bean field behind the house is harvested. Should have 3000' give or take.

*Not responsible for punctured tires

Looks like a beautiful weekend is coming up!

My arm could be twisted to have breakfast at the Jet Room (MSN) or Bessie’s (JVL) on Saturday.

Looks like a beautiful weekend is coming up!

My arm could be twisted to have breakfast at the Jet Room (MSN) or Bessie’s (JVL) on Saturday.
Oh, I could be arm twisted to one of those two on Saturday with a lean towards Bessie’s.

If we can do lunch time i can join. I’ve got flight instruction Saturday morning 8-10:30a EDT. So i could be heading somewhere after that to meet up. Commercial Checkride coming up on the 26th

Timing flexible on my end. @N4984R Is it closer to 60 or 90 minutes for you?

And to you fence sitters...the fall colors should be in full swing this weekend in WI. Come check them out! JVL is surrounded by corn and soy, but also some trees.

Its currently calm winds at 6k is planning at roughly 2 hours for me to JVL

I would have to be earlier (like 9am) than later but I don't even know if I have a plane. So don't schedule around me.

I'm tempted to try taking my 4yo on a flight this weekend but making JVL by breakfast for us would be... ambitious. So I guess I'm a possibly maybe depending on how things go that morning.

I can’t do lunchtime, but the morning still works. I’ll plan arrival at JVL around 9:00 AM tomorrow (Saturday). Hopefully I’ll see some of you there!

- Martin
I'd join you Martin but the winds are supposed to be whipping past 30 knots on the way home with it 60 degrees off the runway. I'm out.

My AM flight lesson got canceled. So I’ll look at the weather to see if I can fly up to JVL in the morning

IM not SAFE and hit with a brutal cold. Next time!

Heard @Martin Pauly on frequency today (I think 133.5 around 11am maybe?). I was on a short flight back in to 06C from the west.

Not enough time to make the lunch but fun to hear a known voice and tail number.

Hope it was a good turn-out.

E59827D5-521F-4731-9D78-4103998AB433.jpeg
IMG_5468.jpeg

Sorry that I missed it as well, was in New Orleans and just diverted to Pilot Pete’s for dinner / low ceilings and turbulence was NOT fun tonight. Hopefully I get a 30 minute window of nice weather to make it back home.

Seeing if anyone is around randomly. I have a bunch of days off to use so I think I’ll be playing hookie Thursday. If weather works out I was thinking of having an early dinner down in Nashville. Just craving the BBQ, and BQ1 is a bit far for this week.

Seeing if anyone is around randomly. I have a bunch of days off to use so I think I’ll be playing hookie Thursday. If weather works out I was thinking of having an early dinner down in Nashville. Just craving the BBQ, and BQ1 is a bit far for this week.
Count me in (wx permitting). Been itchin' for a decent XC.

Basically I’m taking W-F off this week and next, then off the entire last week of Dec. I have a few commitments and will have to be available for my side-gig. But other than that basically want to do some time building/fun trips.

Kind of want to hit BQ1 tomorrow…

Back