Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

How was the service? Used to take forever to get your meals At lunch on a Saturday.
They were under construction on parts of it, but they were reasonably fast service wise.

I've landed there before but never been to Ricks. Was waiting for a fly out or whatever

I've never had service issues at Rick's. Been there more times than I can remember.

Bessie's is packed for the holiday. Nice buffet and even an Easter Bunny walking around taking photos with the kids.

Yet I'm the only plane on the ramp. Guess no other pilots want to indulge in a 3000 calorie buffet breakfast! Happy Easter!
PXL_20240331_164410546.jpg
PXL_20240331_164413822.jpg

Bessie's is packed for the holiday. Nice buffet and even an Easter Bunny walking around taking photos with the kids.

Yet I'm the only plane on the ramp. Guess no other pilots want to indulge in a 3000 calorie buffet breakfast! Happy Easter!
View attachment 127294
View attachment 127296
I'm happy they can fill the place without pilots! It's such a great place - wish them much financial success!

I'm happy they can fill the place without pilots! It's such a great place - wish them much financial success!
I mean... They even have got money to hire rabbits for photo ops!

But yeah, from the look of the ramp I thought it might be closed. Quite the opposite picture inside.
PXL_20240331_170851577.jpg

Midwest (and others) proposal:

BQ1, April 13th, Lunch

Who's in?

Weather permitting I’m in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3-1/2 hours one way for lunch?

That's probably going to be a no.

....and the only thing that can make it better is Ribs
then you'll be very disappointed as they don't do ribs. they used to on saturdays only but since the rebuild I don't think they've picked that up again.

then you'll be very disappointed as they don't do ribs. they used to on saturdays only but since the rebuild I don't think they've picked that up again.
bruh

If it's an overnight event, I could do BQ1.
But I don't think I can do 8h of flying for a 1h meal :)
... And I missed my opportunity to stop by there while I was down in the carolinas last month...

If it's an overnight event, I could do BQ1.
But I don't think I can do 8h of flying for a 1h meal :)
... And I missed my opportunity to stop by there while I was down in the carolinas last month...
Just because I'd fly 8h for lunch at the world famous BQ1 doesn't mean everyone has to. Just toying with the idea, modeling it after our Nashville lunch trip.

Just because I'd fly 8h for lunch at the world famous BQ1 doesn't mean everyone has to. Just toying with the idea, modeling it after our Nashville lunch trip.
Fair fair... And admittedly the 2.5h each-way Nashville lunch run was absolutely worth it :cool:

I ended up on a pilotsNPaws flight Saturday. Sorry I missed you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back