Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

This weekend is a 6Y9 weekend for us. We are definitely up for EYE sometime. 12th or 13th works for us.

@Jim K 05C tacos sounds good! @kaiser KJXN the menu for the apron looks tasty as well! I was also considering Bessie's at KJVL, or Pilot Pete's at 06C. For RIck's Boatyard at KEYE I'd just meet you there.

I’d love to but my plane is currently down waiting on a warranty claim on a battery. :rolleyes:

A bit booked the next few weekends. See y’all at 6y9.

Weekend In Cincy this time, next is Young Eagles 12th, and after that, Warbirds Chapter Cookout on 19th. Then Volunteer at the National Aviation Hall of Fame 26th. Then Labor Day Weekend at KLUK with B-29 Doc and others (Come by and take a ride on a B-29) Food Trucks will be onsite.

So August Saturdays are shot but Sundays are mostly OK

So I've gotten busy tomorrow.

Google reminds me that August 19 is "National Aviation Day" (Orville's birthday). Anybody want to shoot for that weekend to celebrate?

For tomorrow looks like i could be wheels up around 11:30-Noon EDT. [mention]kaiser [/mention] [mention]Jim K [/mention] I’m game for the 19th as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap, where did the last week go? Anybody still up for Tacos at 05C tomorow? Early lunch at 11?

Crap, where did the last week go? Anybody still up for Tacos at 05C tomorow? Early lunch at 11?
That'll be tough for me. I'm actually flying down to 9I0 tonight for some stargazing and camping, and heading back in the morning. I might end up at Charlies for breakfast or brunch (more like 9 or so?). Then in the afternoon (2p) I'm doing my BAFR (Bi-annual flight review, cuz I like to do it every 6 months in a twin).

Well, with zero takers I guess I'm not going to go, either. @kaiser How likely is Charlie's for you? I might be inclined to do that instead if you don't mind the company. I might even fly a Cessna for a change.

Hanging out with Yogi Bear at Jellystone…

578619b9b8b86ffe22fe7c8610cafad3.jpg

Just made an unplanned stop at sportys….

Well, with zero takers I guess I'm not going to go, either. @kaiser How likely is Charlie's for you? I might be inclined to do that instead if you don't mind the company. I might even fly a Cessna for a change.
Sorry, in the straight 170, my crosswind minimums are basically half of my nose wheel planes. With this new southerly wind, I opted to head back to Schaumburg early.

I’ll be at KARR doing a review in the twin at 2.

Just made an unplanned stop at sportys….

Unplanned like "my airplane is broken" or unplanned like "I brake for free hot dogs"?

We was out with my cfi doing time building while reviewing stuff for commercial. Flew over Noblesville (i80) pancake breakfast headed out over Richmond then south. Was near the CVG Bravo. My CFI ask wanna fly through and go to sportys? Said sure never been. Also never flown a Bravo VFR. This far only bravo flying I’ve done has been IFR. Got on the ground and saw this thread has changed to canceled. I told my cfi we should’ve gone for tacos. Whoops

I would have actually loved to check out that taco place but there were already plans for today.

I have pirep for the group though. Went to KALN last night and tried the new restaurant. It's a bit rough yet and you can tell they're still figuring it out but the burger I had was good and my wife really liked her BLT. It's not quite what the place that used to be there was but I'd go again and support them in hopes they'll grow.

Just called the taco place at 05C
10:30-9pMon -Sat
10:30-7p Sun.
They said they start to get busy around 1pm typically

Just saw this, tag me next time. Haven’t been flying as much since back from Alaska if anyone wants to go flying. Wouldn’t mind trying formation flying or getting photos while flying if anyone is interested.

Bummer. Maybe a tad more lead-time? Where and when is the next one?

Just saw this, tag me next time. Haven’t been flying as much since back from Alaska if anyone wants to go flying. Wouldn’t mind trying formation flying or getting photos while flying if anyone is interested.

A friend and I were talking about formation flying the other day, but neither one of us has done it, and didn’t want to go out and kill ourselves, lol. I’d be up for trying, if you’ve done it and can teach/advise on what to do and what not to do.

A friend and I were talking about formation flying the other day, but neither one of us has done it, and didn’t want to go out and kill ourselves, lol. I’d be up for trying, if you’ve done it and can teach/advise on what to do and what not to do.

9c3a6d3b0172d92283c1e57919c4b11a.jpg

34a5a8d9fb315051acfa71041857a23e.jpg

I’ve done some loose formation with 37fox recently and OSH 22 flew a flight of 2 with [mention]ktup-flyer [/mention]. Formation is for sure not as easy as it looks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m brand new to it hehe. Maybe I’ll watch a YouTube video

Heading to the tacos place at 05C. Probably there in 90 minutes or so. If anyone is out and wants to join

Labor day weekend is coming up. I’m looking for an excuse to fly Monday

abb49a3f6f4f77cc54989ea20b5b1f16.jpg

Taco place PIREP @ 05C. Definitely a worthwhile stop for one of our future lunches!! [mention]ArrowFlyer86 [/mention] thanks for joining!

Yikes! That would have created serious pain on the flight home! :mad:

I’m interested in getting out somewhere. [mention]masloki [/mention] where are you thinking about going?

Back