Malaysian Airliner missing?

Heroin. They have the central processing facilities for the poppy juice from Afghanistan.
Oh, yeah, that was my next guess.

What I was on the news (so it's worth whatever you want to make of it) was that at least one of the Iranians with a stolen passport was looking to get asylum somewhere else. Sounds like he bought the passport from some kind of coyote and was on his way out. I don't recall the story on the other guy.

Oh, yeah, that was my next guess.

What I was on the news (so it's worth whatever you want to make of it) was that at least one of the Iranians with a stolen passport was looking to get asylum somewhere else. Sounds like he bought the passport from some kind of coyote and was on his way out. I don't recall the story on the other guy.

one was seeking to migrate to denmark and the other to germany

After petroleum, what is Iran's biggest $$ export product?
Pistachios. California growers would be wiped out if we could buy Iranian pistachios and the growers lobby accordingly.

Apparently a kiwi saw the plane on fire and going down

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article1354973.ece

Now how the heck does a Kiwi talk?

kiwi.jpg

The article says the guy's name was Michael Jerome McKay...maybe AKA Rick Dyer?

;)

Hopefully there's something to it...for closure's sake.

Apparently a kiwi saw the plane on fire and going down

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article1354973.ece

Curious that its heading is exactly west, it lasted < 15 seconds, and it's "coming right at us."

The solution he didn't consider is that the object was a lot further than he thought. I.e., a meteor.

Having seen multiple bright ones, they do look like burning objects, and can occasionally be bright enough to flash blind. And objects several hundred miles away can look like they crashed over the next ridge.

Now how the heck does a Kiwi talk?

kiwi.jpg

The article says the guy's name was Michael Jerome McKay...maybe AKA Rick Dyer?

;)

Hopefully there's something to it...for closure's sake.

If ya read the article you'd know that all communications were via email so there was no talking involved.

one was seeking to migrate to denmark and the other to germany

What??? You mean they just can't walk across the border, get a drivers license, work tax free and get free health care in Other countries??? Why go through all the stealing passports and creating fake identities??:dunno:

Last edited:
Does it send an ACARS message too?

Fairly certain the alert is a EICAS message such as the one depicted below. It will read CABIN ALT if the air pressure gets too low (ie cabin altitude gets too high). It will be accompanied by a master caution light also.

eicas3.jpg

During the cruise portion there would normally be no other advisory messages on the EICAS making anything quiet noticeable.

What??? You mean they just can't walk across the border, get a drivers license, work tax free and get free health care in Other countries??? Why go through all the stealing passports and creating fake identities??:dunno:
Maybe you should start a "whine about being an abused white boy in the United States" thread, eh?

Actually, yes they can, but as here, it limits one's options and identifies you societally as part of 'the criminal element'. There are 'undocumented labor industries' in every country.

It's not only a missing plane but 239 people.

China claims to have sat photos of debris east of the last known position, not west like was thought.

The chinese found something with a satellite

BijgjXvCEAEfzRs.png

Hard to say what it is other than it looks like the basic fuselage of an airplane sans tail. I've seen better pictures of sasquatch though.

I really hope that's it. The fuselage looks intact enough for there to be survivors assuming it is in fact the fuselage. It's difficult to tell how big the object is though because there is no scale.

I really hope that's it. The fuselage looks intact enough for there to be survivors assuming it is in fact the fuselage. It's difficult to tell how big the object is though because there is no scale.

It was reported to be 70' x 70'.

and it is supposed to be still floating?

I dunno. That's what it looks like to me. Although I suspect the chinese satellite taking the picture is in fact an iphone knockoff JB welded to a toaster in orbit. It would explain the awful resolution.

Wouldn't some of the cabin crew notice the passenger masks popping down?

If the intent was to hijack the aircraft and render the passengers unconscious by slowly decompressing the cabin, is it possible to disable the cabin O2 masks from deploying? i.e. pull a breaker?

If there were survivors, wouldn't there be rafts? And don't the rafts have beacons? Assuming it's not an Airport '77 situation.

They could just be waiting for the captain to turn off the fasten seatbelt sign......

(Ok I know that one was BAD!)

If intact it could reach a neutral buoyancy depth

I don't understand please explain? If sealed and not taking on water it will float. Unfortunately that is not likely since aircraft fuselages are not 100% airtight, water will eventually find its way through and all available buoyancy will be lost and it will sink.

I don't understand please explain? If sealed and not taking on water it will float. Unfortunately that is not likely since aircraft fuselages are not 100% airtight, water will eventually find its way through and all available buoyancy will be lost and it will sink.

It depends, fuel bladders have buoyancy regardless, seat cushions, life rafts, any air spaces unbreached. Eventually it's going down, but it can take time. Shipwrecks and containers can hover near the surface for quite a ways.

Back