I'm Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw.....
Small deal

We got rid of captain.. that is 1/2 of the worlds problem

Tune in tomorrow when we defeat ISIS...:yes::yes::D

Seriously?
How come Henning isn't picking on you???

It's an "anything goes" forum.

Content involves two people calling each other Liberals and Conservatives (but uses other names). Also, blames Presidents, past and present, for everything from terrorism to toenail fungus.

And Fox News. Don't forget to blame Fox News.

I think Bryan is in charge of men-only, group hugs. Ask him. :yikes:

I am sorry.
I do not understand.
I only come to the community for information about the wonder that is aviation.

I am interested in tips on memorizing airspace and getting the correct sight picture down.

I have a lot of curiosity about flying and I hope to enjoy your intellectual offerings.

Have a blessed day and blue skies and tailwinds (if you are spiritual and VFR and in a hurry LOL that was a joke ha ha ha)

I am sorry.
I do not understand.
I only come to the community for information about the wonder that is aviation.

I am interested in tips on memorizing airspace and getting the correct sight picture down.

I have a lot of curiosity about flying and I hope to enjoy your intellectual offerings.

Have a blessed day and blue skies and tailwinds (if you are spiritual and VFR and in a hurry LOL that was a joke ha ha ha)

Surrrreeeee..... we believe you. :rofl:

but... how come you always have that tube of astro glide handy whenever you see a pilot coming your way?

It is a scary place where if you are not one of them, you get a big red target painted on you. So slowly you become one of them. Or you leave but then you find a thread that is interesting but then the Mods move it into the SZ so you go back and once again ask why you are there.

It is a horrible place. I keep removing myself but then a thread I am interested in gets moved there so I rejoin and then the cycle continues.

Nothing good happens there.

Nothing good happens there if you don't like sitting at a bar with your friends shooting the bull. If you like that stuff, then you would like the SZ. It's not a wine and Brie-type of place.

Maybe we should change the name to the POA Bar and Grill.

I won't miss him.

Surrrreeeee..... we believe you. :rofl:

but... how come you always have that tube of astro glide handy whenever you see a pilot coming your way?

ha ha ha that is funny.

The comedic homosexual references while controversial and often viewed in a negative light are in this sense used in such a way as to make me laugh.

I also do not mean to imply that only homosexuals use astro glide or that pilots cannot be female.

I now feel shame for having made that connection.
It was wrong and I do feel very sorry.

I will work to make sure I do not interperate things improperly in the future. All people are equal.

I now see how Mr. Cracker might have just been implying that I am the type that might help a distressed person a jam and that I have ingenuity in the sense that I might think to use something like a personal lubricant to perhaps help a stranded female pilot pack some bearings until she could get back to a shop and get a proper fix.

For anybody reading this thread that isn't sure what the Spin Zone is about, I can tell you that you get a hint here. The Spin Zone is spilling into this dumb thread. :rolleyes2:

ha ha ha that is funny.

The comedic homosexual references while controversial and often viewed in a negative light are in this sense used in such a way as to make me laugh.

I also do not mean to imply that only homosexuals use astro glide or that pilots cannot be female.

I now feel shame for having made that connection.
It was wrong and I do feel very sorry.

I will work to make sure I do not interperate things improperly in the future. All people are equal.

I now see how Mr. Cracker might have just been implying that I am the type that might help a distressed person a jam and that I have ingenuity in the sense that I might think to use something like a personal lubricant to perhaps help a stranded female pilot pack some bearings until she could get back to a shop and get a proper fix.

Oh... Come on Bryan....

The only reason a female pilot carries astro glide is to lube up her size 1 jeans so she can try and slip her size 5 ass into them...:yesnod:.......:D..

Oh... Come on Bryan....

The only reason a female pilot carries astro glide is to lube up her size 1 jeans so she can try and slip her size 5 ass into them...:yesnod:.......:D..

I was thinking Bryan carried that lubricant around in case a guy needed help into his jeans...my bad. Sorry Bryan

Oh... Come on Bryan....

Oh My. I did not know that.
I am not familiar with farming and country lifestyle.
I did a search and perhaps you are correct.

I have located a photo showing just such a thing as you have described.
Based on your post I believe when I see this, I can feel safe making the assumption the owner is female.

funny_indian_donkey.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

Can we get a counter on this thread that shows how many times and when he checks it?

Last edited:
I think the forum will be positively affected by this development.

Why should I hide my real name?

I am fairly new here and so far everyone has been very civil with me.

I am grateful for the effort some have gone to in order to answer my questions.

I am not a debate enthusiast; even as a spectator; so I have not been to the Spin Zone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_fraud

While using your real name may seem like a good way of telling the world that you have nothing to hide and that you can be trusted, it's actually fairly naive. You may view those on this forum as people that you interact with frequently and have grown to trust - and the 10 or 20 people you "meet" here may very well be trustworthy to the very end. But google private pilot forum and PoA is at the very top of over 5 million results. Now take a look at who's currently browsing PoA and tell me that all of them - all of the hundreds of members and thousands of "guests" (the ones that are human, anyway) that are right now crawling all over this site, are completely trustworthy with your personal information.

This forum gets heated over the most inane things imaginable. If it hasn't happened yet, it will happen eventually - someone will get so fired up about something stupid here that they will mine the site for information and then they'll reach out and screw with someone in real life. Think stuff like this never goes on? It does.

Last edited:
FUnny thing is that the person that O.P. fingered in his first post of the thread is NOT a Mod. O.P. seems to think he's a mod, but he's not. So O.P. has left a pile of poop in this thread & left the forum on the incorrect assumption of who is or is not a mod.

Sad and amusing at the same time.

For the record the following folks are mods: Spike, Mari, Greg, Jesse, Jason, AdamZ, and myself.

I don't get it. Then why does this exist?? :confused::dunno:

attachment.php

For anybody reading this thread that isn't sure what the Spin Zone is about, I can tell you that you get a hint here. The Spin Zone is spilling into this dumb thread. :rolleyes2:

Well, let me say that this little objet of a post really spiffed it right up! :lol:

In the blue border, just below the pager counter, locate the link labelled "Thread tools" with the small V next to it. Hover and click that link. At the bottom of that list of entries is a link "Ignore this thread". Click that link. Have a nice day and cya!

I don't get it. Then why does this exist?? :confused::dunno:

attachment.php

Wasn't he at some point given mod permissions for some sub forum? I could be completely wrong. If I'm recalling correctly, it was one of the little trafficked sub forums.

Wasn't he at some point given mod permissions for some sub forum? I could be completely wrong. If I'm recalling correctly, it was one of the little trafficked sub forums.
Oh, that's right. It was the podcast forum or whatever it is called.

WTF is the SZ? :dunno:

It's an "anything goes" forum.

Content involves two people calling each other Liberals and Conservatives (but uses other names). Also, blames Presidents, past and present, for everything from terrorism to toenail fungus.

I think a better way to describe much of it is to imagine someone standing in front of a mirror yelling, "No, YOU'RE stupid!" over and over.

It's entertaining to watch, for a while.

The loss of any member of a community makes said community that much smaller and that much poorer. I mean that for everyone whether I agree with them or not. Heck, I even mean that for Ed.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Not in reference to the case being discussed here, but in many other groups that I am or have been a part of, the group has been greatly improved by the absence of a former participant who was simply not good for that group.

To make a claim to the contrary is likely a case of overgeneralization, (to which I attribute your comment), or perhaps extreme naivety.

Anyone that starts a thread just to tell people they're leaving is a drama queen, IMO.

I never had any personal beef with Captain, but he certainly seemed to crave attention.

If I had the ability I would not only lock this thread, but delete it. It's a good thing I'm not a mod, I guess. Looking back, I'd probably delete several dozen of my own posts.

Some of the comments on here slamming Captain are out of line and no one deserves to be treated that way. Members of SZ kind of expect it so it's tolerated there.

I thought the comments about Captain drinking were out of line, even for SZ, especially when he asked folks to lay off. I have no idea whether it stems from the fact that as a pilot he can't have those kinds of accusations made, or perhaps it was something more personal. Regardless, it really shouldn't have gone beyond that.

Steingar put it well when he said when we lose one of this community that we all have lost. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to inappropriate posts. Over time I hope other pilots have forgiven and forgotten.

We have been fortunate over the years to have been a part of a pilot forum where we can gather to kick around some topics, share ideas and have some fun. One of my favorites had nothing to do with aviation, but watching others help someone with a jet ski project. I never posted on the thread, but I enjoyed checking in every day. It reminded me of when several of us got together to build an RV-6A in a friend's garage. (I use "us" liberally, as I just watched.) I like this forum more than any other. The red board was too restrictive, although it did have Claire. Others, well, you know the problems there. POA just kind of fit. Subforums just for flying, technical, classifieds, even a place to confess your aviation sins. And HT, where anyone could talk about anything. And when things started to slow down it seemed like a new pilot would join and liven things up. 6PC even brought his wife along. It's that kind of place.

I suspect Captain will be back. I hope so.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Not in reference to the case being discussed here, but in many other groups that I am or have been a part of, the group has been greatly improved by the absence of a former participant who was simply not good for that group.

To make a claim to the contrary is likely a case of overgeneralization, (to which I attribute your comment), or perhaps extreme naivety.

We must respectfully agree to disagree. Every participant brings a unique viewpoint that can add to the discussion. I would miss anyone, even those with whom I have significant rancor.

I have pictures of Henning that shows he is (almost) human......

He ain't about to let those get out...:no::no::nonod::nonod:....:D

You missed getting me on the snow machine though, bet you weren't expecting that!:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back