I'm in hospital

Leslie, Get Well Soon! I enjoyed seeing you at Gaston's last year. My mom had similar severe abdominal pain. She was under stress as my dad had been diagnosed with cancer. She had a blockage in her liver. When one eats, the large intestine draws blood from throughout the body, including the liver. Because she had a blockage, the system was experiencing a form of "vapor lock". That hurt.
I hope that your diagnosis is favorable. Good luck with the surgery.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Sorry I'm so late reading this, Leslie, but my prayers and thoughts are with you for a quick, gentle and complete recovery. :)

Update:
Undergoing an exploratory laparotomy at 11:30 Tuesday. All your thoughts, messages, and calls are helping. Thanks!

Holy cow, Leslie!! Get Better! I am breaking my no phone rule for this one.

Leslie's out of surgery, and everything's looking good. They think they found and removed the source of the pain. There was no sign of cancer! Thanks for everyone's thoughts, wishes, and prayers!

Leslie's out of surgery, and everything's looking good. They think they found and removed the source of the pain. There was no sign of cancer! Thanks for everyone's thoughts, wishes, and prayers!
Thank goodness. I have been hitting refresh for about 2 hours waiting to hear something.

Let Leslie know we hope she is feeling better real soon!

Great news Grant. Thanks for letting us know. Bet you are relieved it wasn't your cooking.... :yes:

Prayerful thanks for good news- healing hands on Leslie's body.

Amen.

That's great news. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Were they able to get your ham sandwich out with just a laproscope? Woooo Hoooooo Glad it was nuthin too bad. She'll be up and around giving you crap in no time.

Prayerful thanks for good news- healing hands on Leslie's body.

Amen.

I think Grant would thank you very much to keep your hands off Leslies body Spike. Although that does give me an idea....." no honey really I'm not being fresh these are HEALING hands" mmmmm that might just work.;)

She won't be giving me crap for at least a day or two, since due to the bowel prep she has none left to give!:rofl:

I just hope she isn't too disappointed that I've canceled the Alaska trip for this year, but friends tell me that there's no chance she'll be really up for it after only 4 weeks of recovery.:no:

I guess she'll just have to make due with a trip to the Bahamas in November that I just scheduled!:yes: She can work on trying to put a tan on that new scar!:goofy:

Great news! Glad she is on the mend and it's nothing serious.

Bummer about Alaska though. Bahamas sounds like a good sub though!

Great news Grant. Thanks for letting us know. Bet you are relieved it wasn't your cooking.... :yes:
He's not necessarily out of the woods with the cooking thing, though.... :eek: I mean, unless they are willing to swear it wasn't him! :)

We can joke around now that we know all is well... :)

Good news, Grant!!!

And Bahamas is good.....Alaska will be there next year.

Here's my best wishes for Leslie's complete and speedy recovery.

Do I hear a PoA fly-in in the planning?
Best wishes to Leslie.

Well, I had already talked with Diana about the possibility of us flying up there together, since they had to abort an earler trip too. Might be fun! :yes::blueplane:

Rachel and I are tentatively planning on doing an AK trip next summer while her bro is still stationed there with the Army.

:yes: She can work on trying to put a tan on that new scar!:goofy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bahamas sound like a good replacement for alaska! Are you going to try to fly it GA or going in the mailing tube?

Great to hear she's doing well.... let me know how taning goes for her. B)

Do I hear a PoA fly-in in the planning?

I like this idea! I've wanted to go to Alaska, this sounds like a great vacation for next summer! :yes:

I'll see about borrowing the Navajo for the trip. :D

Most of all, I'm glad that Leslie is doing well! :yes: :yes:

She won't be giving me crap for at least a day or two, since due to the bowel prep she has none left to give!:rofl:

Aw, that's sweet... :D

I guess I missed all the drama- glad to hear it worked out OK.
So- was it the car keys, or a silver dollar or something?
:D

Prayers and best wishes for a full and remarkably speedy recovery.

-Rich

Wow, I totally missed this thread till now. Glad to hear everything is OK!

Congrats on a negative C****r finding!!! Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Cheers,

-Andrew

Aw, that's sweet... :D

I guess I missed all the drama- glad to hear it worked out OK.
So- was it the car keys, or a silver dollar or something?
:D
heheheheheh... ok, that was funny. :D

Grant, hope Leslie continues to do well, so she feels up to dealing with smart-asses like rottydaddy. :yes:

heheheheheh... ok, that was funny. :D

Grant, hope Leslie continues to do well, so she feels up to dealing with smart-asses like rottydaddy. :yes:
Oh, no worries. Even flat on her back she could whup his candy-assed behind. Mine too! :rofl::blowingkisses:

She's feeling a little better, though recuperating from surgery of course takes a lot out of you. They haven't given her a release date yet, but I hope it's soon.:yes:

I go away for a week and everything falls apart around here. Here's wishing Leslie a speedy recovery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back