I'm in hospital

Re: I'm in hospital - update

Morning, everyone. An update at 4.5 weeks post-op:

It was great to see all the PoAers at OSH for Wednesday's lunch. Glad we picked up that mobility cart - I don't think I would have made it more than an hour without it!

Stopped by the airport on Friday, saw our favorite 182 on the line, and I wondered: have I healed enough to get in it? Got the key to check, and while I stepped up rather than my usual hop, I was successful!
woohoo1.gif
Got in the seat, able to bend and adjust seat position and fuel tank switch on the floor, full pedal reach, far right controls (flaps, air) and seat belt use all OK.

Set up time with an instructor next weekend; get reacquainted with the procedures, and make sure I can go through all the necessities in the air as well as on the ground.

Still have some lifting restrictions, but it sure felt good to be in the left seat again. All that rest time (not easy for me to just sit; ask Grant) is paying off.....

Leslie

Wow! I'm glad you made it, Leslie!

I swore I'm bringing my "mobility cart" again next year. I was always in pain doing the Oshkosh schlep. Now I have real reason for it.

I rented one and hauled it up. I paid less for a week than that helpful vendor at the gate charges for a day.

Re: I'm in hospital - update

Glad to hear you're getting better and on the road to full recovery.

You should be good-to-go by 6Y9 time, right? :)

That's the plan - I still have some lifting restrictions, so I can't load the heavy camping stuff, but should be good to fly it up once it's safely stowed away!

Leslie, it was great meeting you and Grant on Wednesday. I'm glad to see you doing better! Continue on that recovery!

That's the plan - I still have some lifting restrictions, so I can't load the heavy camping stuff, but should be good to fly it up once it's safely stowed away!

Leslie,

I'm glad you are feeling better.

With regular abdominal incisions, I usually release my patients to do all normal activities, without restriction, at six weeks. Well, except for vacuuming. That is VERY hard on incisions, No vacuuming for, uh... 6 years, at least. Oh, and dusting, 10 years on dusting! :D

Barb

Leslie,

I'm glad you are feeling better.

With regular abdominal incisions, I usually release my patients to do all normal activities, without restriction, at six weeks. Well, except for vacuuming. That is VERY hard on incisions, No vacuuming for, uh... 6 years, at least. Oh, and dusting, 10 years on dusting! :D

Barb

Right in line with my doctor's instructions. No heavy lifting (> 10 pounds) for 6 weeks after the surgery. A little less than 3 weeks to go. Quite an incision. My wife's only comment is that I probably don't want to wear a speedo. :D

Barb - Good to read the general timelines on lifting and such (all sound consistent), and the advance warning on the dusting; sounds like a monster :).

For whatever reason, the surgeon didn't see a need to schedule any follow-up appointments after the one to remove the staples - I got my restrictions spelled out then, but he's been pretty quiet since. Knowing I have a mom who just retired last year from a 30-year nursing career, and who was more than willing to hop on a plane to care for one of her 'babies' if need be, I guess he felt there wasn't anything more he could tell me that she didn't already know :D

No comment from this corner on the Speedos, Ghery - I wasn't exactly in the female version of 'Speedo territory' before this, and don't believe to have moved any closer postop ... best of luck as you recover!

Leslie

No comment from this corner on the Speedos, Ghery - I wasn't exactly in the female version of 'Speedo territory' before this, and don't believe to have moved any closer postop ... best of luck as you recover!

Leslie

Leslie,

No chance that I would have worn one before the surgery, even less now. Recovery is coming along nicely, and I hope yours is as well. Sounds like it if you are already working details to get back in the air.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back