I'm in hospital

lprellwitz

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iBug
Well, I know I don't post much here, but I consider many of you friends (you should see my "friends" list :)), so I wanted to let you know that I'm in hospital right now. Started experiencing acute abdominal pain Saturday morning, and as of this evening they still haven't reached a diagnosis. On hydromorphone. IV administered analgesics are GOOD! :rollercoaster:

I have a laptop with internet connection, but am not always up to typing. However, if you want to phone, PM Grant and he can give you the direct phone number. Hope to see you all soon!

Hate that I had to cancel a lesson on Saturday, but it would have been difficult to concentrate on approaches with the pain! Hope to be back in the air soon!

-- :blowingkisses: Leslie
(via Grant)

Wow Leslie! I'm sure the diagnosis will be fine. Keep your chin up.

We'll be thinking of you both.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Leslie, I'm sorry for the troubles. Make the nurses keep ya steady on anything ya want. Given what it cost for a hospital stay, Dreyer's ice cream would be a nice touch!

I hope you'll be back up and chasing clouds soon. Prayers are in the works.

Leslie:

You're family, so I DEMAND that you get well, and soon!

Keep us posted- we're pulling for you.

/s/ Spike

I'll be printing out the thread and reading it to her, so even if she's not feeling up to getting on the computer, your thoughts and prayers will reach her! The hardest thing, as you would expect, is the uncertainty.

Leslie have you been eating Grant's cooking again?:dunno: Seriously sorry your not feeling so hot. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Got to get up to 100% for that Alaska trip!!:yes:

Sorry to hear you're down Leslie. I hope the cause of the pain is determined so it can be addressed. Get well soon!

Leslie have you been eating Grant's cooking again?:dunno: Seriously sorry your not feeling so hot. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Got to get up to 100% for that Alaska trip!!:yes:
Oh, that's mean. Especially because I DID cook the night before, and the first thing she said was that she thought it was my cooking. At least, until I demonstrated that I was perfectly fine! Then we thought maybe it was related to the meds she had started Friday, but they don't think so, now.

I just hope we can still afford the Alaska trip after the bill for this!:hairraise: I'm not sure what her insurance plan is like; we're on different ones.

Leslie...I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Grant I am sure you guys can work out a payment plan and still go to Alaska. :D

Get well soon Leslie.

Grant you get some rest too.

Leslie,

Keep your spirits up. We're all hoping for the best for you. Most importantly, get better soon!

-Felix

getwell.gif

Hope things turn out, Leslie - I just had the same type of issue. After doing some tests and reaching a few potential diagnoses (appendicitis, kidney stone, etc.), all of which were indicated by some tests and contra-indicated by others, after several days it just kind of went away. Now my big worry is that it'll come back right after I'm out of a job at the end of July... :hairraise:

Hopefully yours will just go away without much further ado as well. :yes:

Oh, that's mean. Especially because I DID cook the night before
There you have it! Hope they figure out what it is and that you are feeling better soon.

gute_besserung.gif

Ok, that was the only "get well soon" smiley I could find. Hope that's what it really says...

Wow, Leslie, I just now saw this thread. If it wasn't so late I'd call you. Hopefully you will have a definitive diagnosis and a plan of action by morning.

At least, until I demonstrated that I was perfectly fine!
I don't know how to respond to this Grant except to :D.

Hang in there Leslie. Hopefully the'll have a diagnosis soon and will be able to treat what's ailing you.

Just logged on from a long weekend and find this. Here's hoping you get good news today!

Leslie, I hope they figure out what it is soon and get you out of there! I hope this doesn't affect your plans to go to Alaska either!

Leslie, I am so sorry to hear you have to be in the hospital. Get well, get out of there quickly and get back to flying.

LEslie,

Get better soon.

Who was it - oh, yeah, it was Missa - that was looking for folks to have GOOD things happen to them. Hope this turns out to be a non-issue and that good news is forthcoming....

Leslie,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well at all and in so much pain to have to go to hospital. Please get better soon. I am sure it is not related to grant's cooking nor Tony's cookies, but you never know!

Scott

Leslie - our prayers for an accurate diagnosis, effective treatment and a speedy recovery, too! BTDT - no fun!

An update from Leslie:
Going for exploratory surgery tomorrow. Expect to be in here most of the week now. :( Thanks for all the good wishes!
(Grant)

Hope you recover quickly Leslie. In the meantime go for the painkillers.

Leslie,

I pray they find something that's easy to fix and that you're back in the air soon.

Joe

Having not checked in for a bit (real busy here) I was reading down the thread hoping for good news at the end. Alas... I was dissapointed. Good Thoughts Leslie and Grant.

EEEWWW exploratory surgery does not sound like fun at all:no:. Get well soon Leslie.

There you have it! Hope they figure out what it is and that you are feeling better soon.

gute_besserung.gif

Ok, that was the only "get well soon" smiley I could find. Hope that's what it really says...

Yep, that's what it says :yes: :dunno: :D

Bah, you had a great opportunity here to say something like, "Why did you call leslie a smelly fishhead?"

*sigh*

Oh well, get well soon, Leslie!!!

Leslie, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Your symptoms sound similar to what a friend of mine was just in the hospital for a couple of weeks ago - he had gastroenteritis, or something like that. It basically amounted to an inflammation in the colon. He spent about 3 days on an antibiotic IV and it seemed to clear up.

Hopefully yours is something similar and you'll be out in no time! Get well soon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back