Not open for further replies.

Acrodustertoo

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Buford T. Justice
So here is your moment of awesomeness!

Enjoy a nice wheelie

I waited in-line about 30 minutes last week to fill out that piece of paper. Hopefully it was worth it.

Mail-in ballot, baby!!! No waiting in line for me.
I am now on the permanent absentee ballot, they will send them directly to the house for all votes I am eligible for. Much better way to go I think.

The big one here in Montana(other than the two clowns in chief we have to pick) was a ballot about getting rid of trapping because someone with money had their dog get hung up in a snare and another about our medical weed. Those were the two biggies for me other than picking our state gubment.

Yep! Love those forward control Dodge trucks and vans. Less than optimal in a frontal collision, but they look cool.

I get to drop it off at Walmart..,

No matter which blocks you filled out, the counting machine recorded the ones it was programed to.

No matter which blocks you filled out, the counting machine recorded the ones it was programed to.
It's probably all a scam, but I'd like to believe that isn't true. I saw a video on FB that someone filmed on the computerized ballots that clearly showed them selecting the GOP candidate but the computer would select the opposite. Not sure if the video was manipulated or not but that's wrong!

Me too. Ballot in mail last week. I voted just like I play the Lotto - close eyes and fill in blanks until it looks "about right."

It's probably all a scam, but I'd like to believe that isn't true. I saw a video on FB that someone filmed on the computerized ballots that clearly showed them selecting the GOP candidate but the computer would select the opposite. Not sure if the video was manipulated or not but that's wrong!
Enough said...

Ha, you're probably right!
FB has become the place where people post what they formerly sent to their friends on an email list. I mostly enjoy FB, but for the past few months it's been "hide this", "hide this", "see less of this", to posts from people on all sides.

I vote every year because I know I'm going to be complaining about everything they do in office and I don't want to feel like a hypocrite not having tried to do anything about it. Nobody I like ever wins.

Just voted, Hour and fourty-five minute line with four voting booths.

Mine was two hours and thirty minutes. :eek:At least we had some kids to watch. Some kids got a ball stuck in a tree and watching them try to remove it gave the line something to do....

Voted two weeks ago,such a waste of money for the ads ,since quite a few people have already voted.

Voted two weeks ago,such a waste of money for the ads ,since quite a few people have already voted.
And already have their minds made up. I'd be surprised if the ad's released this week will actually sway someone one way or the other.

One must remember the definition of a politician is:
a person who will tell you any thing, do any thing, to get your vote, but when in office they will do as they damn well please.

Last edited:
Does it disturb any one except me that the hacks are reporting the news and the news media is trying to cover it up?

Does it disturb any one except me that the hacks are reporting the news and the news media is trying to cover it up?

Yup ****es me off but they're all for her so what do ya expect.

It should disturb everyone greatly. If only more people would take the time to get informed

It should disturb everyone greatly. If only more people would take the time to get informed
Disturbs me "bigly". If the Spin Zone was active, I'd elaborate further but I'll leave it at that. ;)

Serious question. What source can you and I trust to tell us the unbiased truth - to inform us? I don't think such a thing exists. Of course, most Americans don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they believe is true reaffirmed, right?

Serious question. What source can you and I trust to tell us the unbiased truth - to inform us? I don't think such a thing exists. Of course, most Americans don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they believe is true reaffirmed, right?

You are correct, it does not exist.

I was reading an article last night about how there is no valid or useful education on US politics or political issues available to anyone; adults or children. The article was especially concerned with how school teachers cannot even touch the topic for fear of biasing the kids, and more so of the fear of retribution from parents etc. So it boils down to kids (and adults) taking in the information from 'news' sources (ugh), social media (ugghh), and friends/acquaintances....as few have the resources to really research things. And listening to politicians is, um, fraught with hazards.

What a mess. We have developed a system that is so exceedingly partisan, it is causing the country significant harm.

edit; Trying to predict the typical contrarion responses; No, I do not think a different form of government (dictatorship) would be better! No, I cannot think of a way around this, maybe someone smarter than me can.

But any information you get from someone else; your teachers, your parents, your friends, the media, is colored by their opinion. Even if you witness something yourself, it is colored by your prior experiences.

But any information you get from someone else; your teachers, your parents, your friends, the media, is colored by their opinion. Even if you witness something yourself, it is colored by your prior experiences.

But somehow we can actually productively learn about the rest of the world, despite the truths you mention....whereas with politics, people get all crazy and no one learns anything useful! It's so bad, that three of my social media forums have banned all such talk. Normally sane people go off the deep end! And it's not just an honest devotion to their belief, it's waay beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back