I voted today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a registered voter and this POS election wasn't offering up anything worthy of getting me to go change that.
My vote doesn't count.

I will make a prediction though.

This will be another incident where the electorial disagrees w/ the popular.

We need to copy the politikin' rules that Canada has.

Easy to do when you're playing country and you leave all the difficult, expensive and unpopular decisions to your neighbor in the south.

Hmm... Hey, Mexico!! ?

I don't have much faith in the presidential election being counted correctly but everyone hold be out voting for their local and state. It is amazing the crap they put on the ballots. We supposedly have a system of checks and balances, your vote is greatly appreciated for congress and senate.

It has been extremely disturbing to watch our news sources backing one candidate while hiding facts and smearing the other. This happens on both sides but it is absolutely disgusting to see. They should all be hung out to dry for this. their job is to report the facts. Not hearsay, not opinions, not rumors, no bias, no favoritism, equal amount of time on one or the other etc etc.
I think some of the networks are figuring this out the hard way, when they objectify half the country, they are losing half their potential customers.

Anything you learn is bias by what you already know.

When someone tells you "that is red", you judge what they said by what you know red looks like.
So when you already know what is normal, and some one says "that is Corrupt" you doubt them.
It's called human nature.

Last edited:
There used to be statesman, people who put the country's interests ahead of themselves, we no longer have that, we have politicians that will say anything and put themselves ahead of the best interests of the country.

it seems that people vote with their emotions and not their brain also, we are all deplorable.

There used to be statesman, people who put the country's interests ahead of themselves, we no longer have that, we have politicians that will say anything and put lobbyists interests ahead of the best interests of the country.

it seems that people vote with their emotions and not their brain also, we are all deplorable.

FIFY :)

I'll vote at my precinct on Tuesday, but if the line is long like some here...I'm outta there. I won't be voting for most of the candidates anyway, and just "no" on everything else.

Only 26 and I'm as crotchety as a 85 year old! :D

Serious question. What source can you and I trust to tell us the unbiased truth - to inform us? I don't think such a thing exists. Of course, most Americans don't want to hear the truth, they want to hear what they believe is true reaffirmed, right?

Foreign sources? Reuters, BBC? Al Jazeera?

Voted quite a while ago.

Shameless plug: If y'all are in those States where mail in balloting is all the rage, and would like your counties to offer USPS tracking (email, text, or phone call - your choice, depending on paranoia level) of your ballot...

http://www.ballottrax.com <-- I'm involved in that.

Probably not going to get it set up where you live in time for this year, but might as well pick on your local politicos and what not, for next time around.

(Just plugging it once here, it's patented, and just one of the businesses in the office... but anyway...)

Voted quite a while ago.

Shameless plug: If y'all are in those States where mail in balloting is all the rage, and would like your counties to offer USPS tracking (email, text, or phone call - your choice, depending on paranoia level) of your ballot...

http://www.ballottrax.com <-- I'm involved in that.

Probably not going to get it set up where you live in time for this year, but might as well pick on your local politicos and what not, for next time around.

(Just plugging it once here, it's patented, and just one of the businesses in the office... but anyway...)
I used the state site, govotecolorado.com. Granted, you don't get an email, phone call, or text message, but you can see that they received your ballot, if they are in the process of checking your signature, and then if it was counted.

I used the state site, govotecolorado.com. Granted, you don't get an email, phone call, or text message, but you can see that they received your ballot, if they are in the process of checking your signature, and then if it was counted.

Yeah, they only track whether it's been received.

Think of ours as more like FedEx tracking, but inside the USPS.

And then we also get the State feed or County feed if the powers-that-be approve (none have said no, yet...), so the SMS, E-mail, or Phone call alerts can "continue" once the ballot is "there" and you'll get those notifications as soon as they "post" the changes for those three items you mentioned.

It's an interesting coordination job between getting everything printed correctly by the county/whatever agency handles balloting in a particular geographic area to do the tracking, but not have any "identifying" marks on the envelope because the only place the link to the envelope and voter resides is in their system and ours, and integrate all that data into something useful, as well as suck in the official government data in various odd-ball formats (Yeah, we've seen counties that had a hard time making a CSV file from their master Excel spreadsheet, and that was the limit of their rural technology!) into our system to correlate back to the notifications.

It's been available for a few elections now, and the "process" for a county or place to get it all set up, is pretty well known now, and not hard to walk even the most non-technical entities through. It's a big "win" for smaller places who don't want to manage anything on a website ever, and only the very largest counties and places grump that they "could have done it themselves" when the bill comes... and even then, we've chuckled at a few who've tried and made big messes... specialization works... especially for a system like this one... that small team that handles that product knows all the "fun" hiding in voter data... 10 people in a house, three with the exact same first, middle, and last, who are actually three real people? Been there, done that... That one is a gotcha for a DBA making constraints, for sure... and there's a bunch more.

But anyway... way too techie. It's an interesting system... and it's in "busy season" right now... so it's fun to watch it doing stuff. In between elections it goes dead quiet, and they do feature upgrades and stuff...

Did any state other than Colorado have the candidates from The Nutrition Party as a choice for president? Their slogan is "Make America Healthy Again", even though the presidential candidate owns a chain of fast food restaurants. You can't make this stuff up...

It's an interesting coordination job between getting everything printed correctly by the county/whatever agency handles balloting in a particular geographic area to do the tracking, but not have any "identifying" marks on the envelope because the only place the link to the envelope and voter resides is in their system and ours, and integrate all that data into something useful, as well as suck in the official government data in various odd-ball formats (Yeah, we've seen counties that had a hard time making a CSV file from their master Excel spreadsheet, and that was the limit of their rural technology!) into our system to correlate back to the notifications.
I noticed that at least the outside of the ballot envelopes sent from different counties do not look quite the same, nor are they the same dimensions. I imagine it's a headache if each county has its own process. I have no doubt that some counties are much lower tech than others...

I noticed that at least the outside of the ballot envelopes sent from different counties do not look quite the same, nor are they the same dimensions. I imagine it's a headache if each county has its own process. I have no doubt that some counties are much lower tech than others...

The ballot printing world is a whole subject that's incredible the things even come out right... :) We learn a little about it from "contact" with it here, but we don't do any of the printing in our print shop. Helping a non-technical county / rural usually, get their printing order correct for things is something our hand-holding folks do have to do when they first get signed up for tracking stuff...

A few years ago, candidates changed after ballots were mailed in one county here in Colorado due to a lawsuit... and they all had to be remailed... and then that cascaded into us having to get involved to change the tracking information and databases because now someone might return the "invalid" ballot, or the "valid" ballot, but the county was going to count "invalid" ones if no other was received but NOT for that particular election...

Seeing the inside of the sausage factory, isn't always a good thing, in any job, I suppose. I'm amazed anything gets printed, counted, and done right, at all... after seeing a tiny piece of it...

No matter which blocks you filled out, the counting machine recorded the ones it was programed to.
It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes.

It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes.
This is what is scaring the **** out of me right now.

Trump has been campaigning non stop. She has been sitting at home most of the time with little campaigning until the last couple of weeks. Makes you wonder why.

I really wish news outlets would go back to the "just the facts" style of reporting. I can form my own opinion, I don't need some overpaid yahoo to tell me how to feel about things.

Which ones do you subscribe to and support with $$$$?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what is scaring the **** out of me right now.

Trump has been campaigning non stop. She has been sitting at home most of the time with little campaigning until the last couple of weeks. Makes you wonder why.
DJT makes 5 stops a day for weeks on end. He draws 10K to his rallies.

She waits in Whitelandia, NY, for her coronation.

But any information you get from someone else; your teachers, your parents, your friends, the media, is colored by their opinion. Even if you witness something yourself, it is colored by your prior experiences.
That's why the whole "what happens in your private life doesn't affect your ability to govern" line is such a lie. Time will continue to reveal how corrupt and twisted our 42nd President was/is. How you live your life shapes your thinking and understanding, to believe otherwise is foolish.

DJT makes 5 stops a day for weeks on end. He draws 10K to his rallies.

She waits in Whitelandia, NY, for her coronation.
There is voter fraud reports everyday, voting machine fraud reports everyday for months now, dead people casting votes by the thousands, people gathering voter ballots for other people then turning them in by the hundreds(no room for fraud there right).
The system is so wrought with suspicion and shady happenings that if is hard yo take anything seriously.

There is a reason Europe only uses paper ballots. They won't use electronic simply because their is "A" chance of fraud with machines. Simple fix is paper, can go back and count if any questions are raised. I like their thinking.

It's not rigged. I mean, Springsteen versus Chachi? I'm goin' with The Boss! :D:D

If she's "coronated," it's because the people have spoken, not because of ballot tampering.

As to crowd size, there are a lot of people who are resolute in their pick who would never attend a rally. DJT is an entertainer, and people go for the show.

It could go either way. Even though HRT seems to have the polling advantage, stranger things have happened. I gotta stay away from the coverage tomorrow until the evening...election anxiety. Looks like a breakfast run to Hesperia in the aeroplane, then maybe hit a bucket of balls.

If you'd just kill them, you could have voted their ballots and yours. Slacker. ;)

Maybe. Depends on which way he was voting, one side has exclusive rights to the votes of deceased people, children, and the occasional small animal.

I am taking half the day off. Only going to teach the morning class then my buddy Bill and I are going to do some deer hunting. Then when I get home and turn on the television will decide whether I invest my money in smith and Wesson stock or jeep parts.
To tell the truth, I don't even think the votes are going to be as close as all the rigged polls say. Should be a fun day but a miserable night.

Don't drink too much tonight, you might have to work in the morning.

I voted a week ago.

My prediction is the latino and minority vote is going to be more bigly than anticipated.

I'm about to hop on an airplane to go vote. It's kind of nice to move through all the airport BS without any bags.

Mailed mine last week. There should be an app that deletes all political TV ads on your cable system after you vote.

Cheers

One of the pleasures of living in a state that is so one sided towards one of the candidates is that I don't have to watch any ads because there aren't any. :D

That's the plus side. The negative is I live in a state that is voting for the wrong candidate. :mad::D

The added bonus of me being on the permanent absentee list is I get to vote on paper. You can take a picture of it if you wish to do so for future consideration but I feel much better voting on paper where I can fill in the spot I wish and have bit better confidence in it getting counted correctly. Not that Montana holds much weight but we can only do as much as we can.

If you don't vote then you cannot ***** about the outcome or getting screwed later on.

On another note: I have been trying to get my students to go vote and none of them seem interested in the slightest bit. It would take time away from their staring at their phones. It is very alarming to see this. They do not want any interaction with their elected officials.

After the debacle of 2000, much ado about really "cleaning up the voting system in America" 23 states still have no paper trail!! No way to really check the results! Much more important than the very very few fraudulent ballots cast . Voter suppression is another much larger problem.

I voted this morning: Got to the ballots at about 7:40am (they open here at 7). Walked to the first table to get checked in, walked to the second table to get my ballot chip, walked to the voting machine, voted, walked to the last guy so I could hand him the chip and get my sticker, done. There were a lot of early voters this time around, so lines at the polls today should be very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back