I think I've got a dream ...

Algerino

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mohamed
My name is Mohamed, I am 16 years old and I'm studying in a small high school near Paris, in France , even if I come from Algeria . My English level is not perfect, please forgive me if I make a lot of mistakes. I would like to immigrate to USA and pursue the training to become a commercial pilot, I have participated to the DV Lottery for getting the Green Card and if I get it in the next May, I'll come to USA during 2018. I'm also in training for the PPL which I'll get during the next summer. Also, I can see in HR websites that airlines are hiring people with 1500h.

If I'm ok for the GC :

- Get the PPL and High School diploma > Summer 2017
- Begin studies in France ( engineering ) > September 2017
- Go to US > Summer 2018
- Pursue US engineering studies > September 2018
- Get the Bachelor > June 2021
- Begin flight training and follow it
- After academic studies, work as CFI

Is my plan realist ??
Does the industry hire pilots ??
Is Trump a risk for me ??
Can a muslim live in USA without problems ??

That are my first questions, I will add others.
Cheers,

Sounds like a realistic plan. Always need pilots and engineers. Trump is only a risk if you come here illegally or attempt any activity which goes against the US constitution. Americans for the most part are very accepting of all people.

"Always need pilots and engineers" After 2001 and 2008, many US airlines fired pilots, isn't it ?? I can see in hiring websites airlines give bonus, good per diem, good health care, good 401k protection, etc. So I ask about that, thanks for the answer. If I have asked for Trump, it's because a lot of French channels which say everything about him and about his new laws, but we aren't here to talk politics here.

I will come tomorrow for asking nes questions, because it's the night in France !!

"Always need pilots and engineers" After 2001 and 2008, many US airlines fired pilots, isn't it ?? I can see in hiring websites airlines give bonus, good per diem, good health care, good 401k protection, etc. So I ask about that, thanks for the answer. If I have asked for Trump, it's because a lot of French channels which say everything about him and about his new laws, but we aren't here to talk politics here.

I will come tomorrow for asking nes questions, because it's the night in France !!
Hiring is cyclical. It isn't 2001 or 2008 any more. But I just attended a presentation where the speaker said that airlines worldwide will need an enormous number of pilots in the coming years. Good luck with your dream.

It's 4:24 pm in Denver but the US covers a number of time zones...

Hiring is cyclical. It isn't 2001 or 2008 any more. But I just attended a presentation where the speaker said that airlines worldwide will need an enormous number of pilots in the coming years.

If you consider Asia and Gulf you'll get a great need of pilots, therefore when you see Boeing and Airbus backlogs ...

Good luck with your dream.

Thanks guy

It's 4:24 pm in Denver but the US covers a number of time zones...

I know the US covers a great number of time zones, you can understand it just when you see the difference between NY and LA.

You might be mixing me up with someone else here; the one in possession of the monkey. ;)

But now we're confusing the OP, who is a new member...

Nah, not getting you confused with Cajun on POA. Cajuns actually migrated (or run off more like it) from Canada to Louisiana. The band, The Band, had a song about it, "Acadian Driftwood".

My name is Mohamed, I am 16 years old and I'm studying in a small high school near Paris, in France , even if I come from Algeria . My English level is not perfect, please forgive me if I make a lot of mistakes. I would like to immigrate to USA and pursue the training to become a commercial pilot, I have participated to the DV Lottery for getting the Green Card and if I get it in the next May, I'll come to USA during 2018. I'm also in training for the PPL which I'll get during the next summer. Also, I can see in HR websites that airlines are hiring people with 1500h.

If I'm ok for the GC :

- Get the PPL and High School diploma > Summer 2017
- Begin studies in France ( engineering ) > September 2017
- Go to US > Summer 2018
- Pursue US engineering studies > September 2018
- Get the Bachelor > June 2021
- Begin flight training and follow it
- After academic studies, work as CFI

Is my plan realist ??
Does the industry hire pilots ??
Is Trump a risk for me ??
Can a muslim live in USA without problems ??

That are my first questions, I will add others.
Cheers,

Considering your questions, I have to ask. Why do you want to come to the US? If aviation is your goal, there are opportunities worldwide.

Considering your questions, I have to ask. Why do you want to come to the US? If aviation is your goal, there are opportunities worldwide.

Opportunities are better in the US than in Europe. The training is so expensive in Europe ( between 60k€ and 120k€ ), you must pay the QT, the Line Training, France takes a lot of taxes, and I believe to the American Dream. Also, the general aviation is more developed in the US than in Europe.

What about American culture? What are your thoughts on Americans, and other than the economic opportunities how do you view the American lifestyle?

"What about American culture? What are your thoughts on Americans, and other than the economic opportunities how do you view the American lifestyle?"

popcorn image.png

I have a feeling this is going to be a long thread

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What about American culture? What are your thoughts on Americans, and other than the economic opportunities how do you view the American lifestyle?

In France, we view the American Way of Life as a myth, with cars, guns, cowboys, trucks. For pilots in the US you can land to International airports like KLAS or KLAX, visit luxurious FBO, pay low taxes, low fuel, fly over beautiful landscape. Many French pilots who want to become pros in their country go to the US for time-building ( 50-100h ). I know a French pilot who came to the US when he was 20, he's actually F/O on the 767 for Delta.

In France, we view the American Way of Life as a myth, with cars, guns, cowboys, trucks. For pilots in the US you can land to International airports like KLAS or KLAX, visit luxurious FBO, pay low taxes, low fuel, fly over beautiful landscape. Many French pilots who want to become pros in their country go to the US for time-building ( 50-100h ). I know a French pilot who came to the US when he was 20, he's actually F/O on the 767 for Delta.

Have you given any thought as to why that is? What makes America a better place for those opportunities?

In France, we view the American Way of Life as a myth, with cars, guns, cowboys, trucks. For pilots in the US you can land to International airports like KLAS or KLAX, visit luxurious FBO, pay low taxes, low fuel, fly over beautiful landscape.
Pay low taxes!
giphy.gif

Unfortunately, that's not true.

Have you given any thought as to why that is? What makes America a better place for those opportunities?

America is a better place for those opportunities because airlines on your country hire with better conditions than our airlines.

For example, after 2008 US airlines were in trouble, and in France it was the same thing. Nine years after all US airlines are hiring, they find benefits. In France airlines don't have found thème, salaries are so bad, the access to the job is done with Monet, etc.

Back