I think I've got a dream ...

The DV lottery needs to be eliminated. It is a misguided PC attempt to increase diversity through atificial means. It also takes the decision making as to who deserves to be allowed into this country out of the hands of decision makers and leaves it to chance. It cheats those more deseving of the opportunity to become permanent residents. Insane!

2 other things that needs to be mentioned... medical, make sure u can get a class 1 if u want to fly an airline, do ur research and consult an AME, not sure how that will work out from France, but may be there are some Ame out there who can do a remote consultation. 2. As an alien u need TSA approval before u can start training, not a big deal, just some hoops to jump thru and takes about 5 weeks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes I know these things. There are several AME approved by FAA who work inn France. I'll pass by one of them before going to USA. I know what is the TSA approval for aliens too. But the principal thing is to work legally with a GC, even if you must make several process for aliens.

I have a simple question : what is the best between a DPE and a FAA inspector to pass all required checkrides ?? One charges for his service ( ~4/500$ the exam ) when the other doesn't charge ( public mission ). Do you have websites to see sectional charts in the US, because I will surely come the next summer for two months ( time building )

Order online for sectionals. Sportys, others sell them. You also can see the coverage areas there when you order.

Last edited:
Yes I know these things. There are several AME approved by FAA who work inn France. I'll pass by one of them before going to USA. I know what is the TSA approval for aliens too. But the principal thing is to work legally with a GC, even if you must make several process for aliens.
Just to clarify, the TSA approval is required whether u have GC or not and a flight school will not start training without that. U can however take as many discovery flights u want without any approval. You can start the TSA process while in France via Embassy if they do provide this service
I have a simple question : what is the best between a DPE and a FAA inspector to pass all required checkrides ?? One charges for his service ( ~4/500$ the exam ) when the other doesn't charge ( public mission ). Do you have websites to see sectional charts in the US, because I will surely come the next summer for two months ( time building )

Just to clarify, the TSA approval is required whether u have GC or not and a flight school will not start training without that. U can however take as many discovery flights u want without any approval. You can start the TSA process while in France via Embassy if they do provide this service

I know that. But I think when I'll have got the GC the TSA approval will be a simple formality ( a form, fees, fingerprints ).

skyvector.com
For online charts, no charge. Works on phone too.
Order online for sectionals. Sportys, others sell them. You also can see the coverage areas there when you order.

Thanks guys. Because I'll come to the US the next summer, I'd just like to see differences between European and American charts. Skyvector should be a good idea ...

One thing any European student needs to consider is how to covert FAA pilot certificates in to the European equivalents you will need to fly in Europe. I'm told this is not an easy or straightforward process.

There are a few flight schools here in the USA that can qualify their students for European (EASA) pilot certificates.

You should go to the pprune.com website, there are lots of European pilots there who can help you determine the best route to becoming a professional pilot in Europe. Start in the 'Wannabes Forums'. 'Wannabes' is English language slang for 'want to be'.

Good luck!

One thing any European student needs to consider is how to covert FAA pilot certificates in to the European equivalents you will need to fly in Europe. I'm told this is not an easy or straightforward process.

There are a few flight schools here in the USA that can qualify their students for European (EASA) pilot certificates.

You should go to the pprune.com website, there are lots of European pilots there who can help you determine the best route to becoming a professional pilot in Europe. Start in the 'Wannabes Forums'. 'Wannabes' is English language slang for 'want to be'.

Good luck!

I'd like to work as a pilot in the US, so I don't need to know how to convert FAA certificates to EASA equals.

Back