I got reported to the FAA (not a ******* Satire)

I'd post Massachusetts quarter but there is no way I could do it without getting political.

???

2000-50-state-quarters-coin-uncirculated-obverse.jpg

I'd post Massachusetts quarter but there is no way I could do it without getting political.

It is sort of ironic that they show a minuteman with rifle in hand though they have some of the more restrictive gun laws in the country. That observation is not being political but rather just finding it a bit funny. I am making no comment whatsoever on the merits of their laws one way or another.

I wonder if King Air guy is the one who dropped the dime on BrYan! :eek2:

Several times it has been mentioned in this thread that when something is reported to the FSDO, they are required to investigate.

Here is what burns my arse about that statement: So, someone calls the FSDO to complain about Bryan, but meanwhile there are countless illegal charter operations going on the the FAA is aware of but waiting for 'more evidence' before reaching out to the alleged offender.

I was just having a conversation with a contract employer at my home base. A pilot walks by and I hear the story about how he is a well known 134.5 operator. The FSDO apparently has known about this guy for some time. They frequently ask local operators about him. But are apparently waiting to catch him red-handed before actually approaching the offender in the first place. Where in the F'n hell is the sense in that??? If a guy makes a joke, the FSDO must immediately investigate him, but if it's an illegal charter, they need burning flesh before they do anything.

The FAA is NOT here to help.

Maybe they try to collect evidence on the complaints that seem valid, while trying to clear the bogus ones away as clearly as possible?

related thread in beechtalk titled - Buddy's ex-wife call the FAA on him, medical in jeopardy

If a guy makes a joke, the FSDO must immediately investigate him, but if it's an illegal charter, they need burning flesh before they do anything.

Pretty much. They had a helicopter 135 provide jet charters in a podiatrists citation and the FSDO knew for years. Only after they augered in, this was investigated. The ASI stated that he has 50+ certificates to supervise and that the only way for him to legally bust them would have been to hide in the bushes waiting for them to load passengers on the ramp.

Btw. The the helo 135 who had run the charters 'lost' his cert along with an agreement from the kindler gentler FAA that his application for a new one would be pulled to the front of the line if he reapplies.

So, someone calls the FSDO to complain about Bryan, but meanwhile there are countless illegal charter operations going on the the FAA is aware of but waiting for 'more evidence' before reaching out to the alleged offender.
"Never steal anything small."

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if they are giving me the identity of the complainer.

I will say this.. I sent the FSDO guy a link to the video and his response was perfect:

I’m glad you were able to take something away from the situation and that you are willing to share your experience with the aviation community. A few jokes wont hurt this ASI, thin skin wont get you too far in this position.

If you have any questions, or need more material for your future endeavors, feel free to reach out. Most everything we do is contained in the FSIMS 8900.1 document, contained in Policy’s or Notice’s; all available to the general public for their reading pleasure.

I like these guys.

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if they are giving me the identity of the complainer.

I will say this.. I sent the FSDO guy a link to the video and his response was perfect:

I’m glad you were able to take something away from the situation and that you are willing to share your experience with the aviation community. A few jokes wont hurt this ASI, thin skin wont get you too far in this position.

If you have any questions, or need more material for your future endeavors, feel free to reach out. Most everything we do is contained in the FSIMS 8900.1 document, contained in Policy’s or Notice’s; all available to the general public for their reading pleasure.

I like these guys.
Having dealt with a few, me too.

When I first read the beginning of this thread, my impression wasn't, "poor Bryan." It was more, "I feel sorry for the poor ASI who has to deal with this nonsense."

I've kind of seen what d @Fearless Tower is talking about. From my perspective hearing stories about 135 dynamics back home, it's more of a lazy approach to the job. Summoning a recreational single player to your office is easier than the resources needed to go after non-compliant and brazen revenue operators, who are fully dialed in on the regs and scoff them professionally for a living. That takes actual resources, so the "we're building our trap" canard gets thrown in. There's also a bit of an incestuous/revolving relationship between the regional revenue players and the FAA employees, at least in Miami and San Juan which is my area of knowledge. That's my observations anyways, not suggesting these dynamics represent every individual attitude within the FAA employee rank. But as an agency I think it's fair to cast that aspersion without people getting butt hurt.

I like these guys.
Well?
upload_2018-12-7_7-16-39.png

They gave me all of the documentation relevant to the issue including the letter they sent the person who turned me in. However they left out some of the important details.

Screenshot_20181207-065252.png

They gave me all of the documentation relevant to the issue including the letter they sent the person who turned me in. However they left out some of the important details.

View attachment 69769
So we have the size of the redacted black box, the type face of the rest of the letter and font size. Make an assumption that it is simply a first and last name under there, work out the number of character that could fit, with a space and you have a general idea of the name. Cross check that with the members of that Facebook group and there you have it, a list of suspects.

CSI: POA is on the case!

This is the thread that never ends.
Yes, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue reading it forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends.
Yes, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue reading it forever just because...

Welcome back my friends
To the thread that never ends,
We're so glad you could attend,
Come subscribe, come subscribe!

(With appropriate apologies to ELP....)

Back