How to hand prop a Cirrus (A Satire)

He was lucky to keep both hands. Not sure why he wasted time (and increased risk) to run over to the left side of the aircraft when he could have jumped up to the right side door. I suppose this event will teach him to ensure the mags were not on when hand propping the plane (presumably to check oil pressure.

Ouch.

I couldn't believe he doubled back.
Dude is LUCKY

ah. I assumed it was a Just Plane Silly video and didn't see it on that channel. thx.

It's not working for me at all... darn.

Being blocked from running on other sites. Use this video ID on YouTube: 7KpOg9Ci284

Poor guy. He must have been in shock to leave the master on and just walk away...

I'm sure she went back to the hangar and enjoyed a couple of Heinekens after that experience. And then...... A call to his therapist.

Ghost Ride the whip! I take it Cirrus does not install parking brakes on their plane
"When keeping it reel goes wrong."

I'm sure all of us know that sinking "Oh sh.....!" feeling in the gut - even if not that expensive a result. In my younger, dumber, more city-boy-just-moved-to-nowhere years, I once tried pulling my Suburban up a small knoll (wet grass, 2- wheel drive, had no business going down that trail) by myself using my pickup. Got it up the hill just fine, but when I stopped, the 'Burban continued on enough to slacken the rope and let it unhook (no, no clevis on that end). At least it didn't rear-end the truck, but I then watched the 'burban roll back down the hill and careen into the trees. Got lucky by only pushing the side mirror in a bit.

Whenever I see a video/incident like this, that memory/feeling comes flooding back - 20-whatever years later.

Reactions: Ted
So from what I read he intended to start the plane as he was looking for a jump. Amazing. He’s lucky. But I wonder how his insurance will view all of this??

Is this an accident or incident?

Ok, I laughed. I laughed hard. There is a list of don't do's in life and manually turning a prop with mixture rich, throttle forward, brakes off, wheel chocks removed and turned to both is pretty high up the list of don't do. Heck even if he just did ONE less thing he would have been alright.

You know, a 22 requires a whole bunch of brake pressure at idle to hold it in place, never mind this was probably faster than idle, but the passenger should have at least had his/her feet on the brakes with the parking brake on. Plus instruction if the plane starts moving to pull the red knob, not the handle, the knob. What a waste, the urge to fly must've been strong.

Wonder if that is his Porsche he almost plowed into? - now why would I think that likely?

Poor guy. He must have been in shock to leave the master on and just walk away...

I'm sure she went back to the hangar and enjoyed a couple of Heinekens after that experience. And then...... A call to his therapist.

If you read the statements at the end of the video, there's more detail - It sounds like he hurt his arm (lucky that's all, looked like a pretty quick trip into the side of the hangar) and went to the hospital.

And someone saw the stupid coming early enough to get video from a safe height!

Back