Henning's Odyssey

Let me know if / when you need a ride anywhere through Texas - I live in the D/FW area and will rent any trusted flying machine of choice (well, 150, 172 or 172SP) to haul that Aussie-German-American guy around.

Well, looks like the next leg will be in the next few days depending on weather. Getting a ride from Vegas to DVT from Sheri Marlin in her '56 182. Looking at a stop in Havasu, Lunch anyone? Nick, I wanna see the paint job on the truck.

Well, looks like the next leg will be in the next few days depending on weather. Getting a ride from Vegas to DVT from Sheri Marlin in her '56 182. Looking at a stop in Havasu, Lunch anyone? Nick, I wanna see the paint job on the truck.

Do your plans go far enough into the future to have an approximate ETA (like what day) for Diana's?

Do your plans go far enough into the future to have an approximate ETA (like what day) for Diana's?

Sorry, not yet. At this point, the DVT flight will be tommorrow early day. I don't have a clue yet from there.

Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Sorry, can't he'p it!

Sorry, not yet. At this point, the DVT flight will be tommorrow early day. I don't have a clue yet from there.

If you can hitch a ride from DVT to somewhere around Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Amarallo... something like that, I can probably get you from there to Tom and Diana's.

If you can hitch a ride from DVT to somewhere around Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Amarallo... something like that, I can probably get you from there to Tom and Diana's.

Cool, but no Wichita Falls:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: That's too close to the ex, she'll smell me and then we'll be fleeing like Indiana Jones in the beginning of that movie.... Only those women are good shots.

Last edited:
OK............... leaving shortly to go pick up Henning.

Richard, How'd that prayer go again? ;)

Well anyway, God.......... what Richard said.......... Amen :yes:

OK............... leaving shortly to go pick up Henning.

Richard, How'd that prayer go again? ;)

Well anyway, God.......... what Richard said.......... Amen :yes:
Good luck and I just want to let you know we're all counting on you.

Funny thing.....

I was looking for a pianist on iTunes and it didn't have him, but iTunes asked if I wanted "Henning", so I checked it out.

There is a jazz album called "Where's Henning?" that has some interesting tracks, including "That Man Is a Legend", "Here and There", "The Bridge Out of Town" and "I Could Write a Book". Maybe the soundtrack for Henning's Odyssey movie? :)

Last edited:
Funny thing.....

I was looking for a pianist on iTunes and it didn't have him, but iTunes asked if I wanted "Henning", so I checked it out.

There is a jazz album called "Where's Henning?" that has some interesting tracks, including "That Man Is a Legend", "Here and There", "The Bridge Out of Town" and "I Could Write a Book". Maybe the soundtrack for Henning's Odyssey movie? :)

You have GOT to be kidding. Who did it?

Anyway, Made DVT just fine so now I'm sticking the thumb out to head in the e-ne direction by next weekend (anytime soon)? Wouldnt mind across to the DFW area then up to Diana's. Had fun Flying Sherris 182, it's a sweet well kept '56 with a Horton STOL kit. Fun doing landings in 200'. Hadn't done much right seat flying in a decade plus. It's nice having a plane that makes you look good doing them. Sherri has a bird store, pic is of me with one of her birds, a baby African Grey I've named Oscar, and a fresh Margarita.
Oscar.jpg

David Becker

It should warm up in Missouri by then. Forecast is to be above freezing by Friday. I might be able to come get you in the Dallas area, if you don't mind low and slow. :)

Low and slow is fine so long as the heat works:D .

Darn-it. I've got my bird going again, but I have to work through next Saturday.

Maybe I could get Ben Winton to fly you to New Mexico, on Friday?

I'll call him right now and ask!

Avionics shop just called. The 430W works, but they forgot the relay to switch Nav output from one souce (430W) to the other (KX155). Another week. Sigh.

My plane's down for a week or two.

Got a call from the airport, said ELT was going off, thought it was my hangar. Plane hasn't flown in several weeks, that's odd. Went down, tried to reset ELT from front panel - no dice. Shut it down on the unit, then discovered that removing the remote plug would cause it to operate normally. Problem in wiring - odd.

Discovered that installer had spliced the remote wiring (no big deal), but did so right under battery compartment. For some reason, there was a bit of acid leakage from battery - ate nylon insulation on butt splices and caused ELT to trip.

Cleaned it up with baking soda, and a really good fresh-water rinse. Does not appear to be any corrosion to airframe, but will need to re-chromate a couple of spots. Likewise, need to replace a couple of mounting screws in battery box and get a new battery. ELT battery, too. At least I don't need a new ELT.

Even when they're not flying, it costs...

Even when they're not flying, it costs...

Bill, I'd say, especially when they're not flying!

And I wanna join this club? What am I, nuts? :hairraise:

Avionics shop just called. The 430W works, but they forgot the relay to switch Nav output from one souce (430W) to the other (KX155). Another week. Sigh.

Bummer. Is the Seneca out here somewhere?

Hey, would a flight from KDVT to ABQ on Friday work? I'll use Andy's (Woody's) Cherokee -- slow but sweet bird -- to get you there.

I do my CFI Initial checkride on Thursday (yep, I'm gonna pass it on first try!). So, a Friday X-C would be apt celebration.

Hey, would a flight from KDVT to ABQ on Friday work? I'll use Andy's (Woody's) Cherokee -- slow but sweet bird -- to get you there.

I do my CFI Initial checkride on Thursday (yep, I'm gonna pass it on first try!). So, a Friday X-C would be apt celebration.

Well, that sounds good to ABQ, Anyone onward from there? No double I though huh... Maybe do some hood anyway....

Last edited:
Well, that sounds good to ABQ, Anyone onward from there? No double I though huh... Maybe do some hood anyway....

OK. Let me see if I can get off work that day. Can let you know by end of day Wednesday (tomorrow).

We can PM with the details.

But, hey, life's pretty hectic for me right now as I prep for the CFI checkride on Thursday. So, if you get a better offer between now and tomorrow, pounce on it! :D

Otherwise, we'll plan on Friday to ABQ! Will get back in touch with you asap tomorrow.

Last edited:
OK. Let me see if I can get off work that day. Can let you know by end of day Wednesday (tomorrow).

We can PM with the details.

But, hey, life's pretty hectic for me right now as I prep for the CFI checkride on Thursday. So, if you get a better offer between now and tomorrow, pounce on it! :D

Otherwise, we'll plan on Friday to ABQ! Will get back in touch with you asap tomorrow.

Cool, hopefully someone can make it out to ABQ for onwards.

We really need a "Where's Henning?" map on POA. Watching this trek east has been pretty interesting. :yes:

Awww come on! Slow?!? My Cherokee hauls butt! ;) (literally!)

It's a bummer I'm so busy I can't even meet Henning. At least my bird will get that infamous "Henning Pre-flight"!

Thanks for the help Ben, I appreciate it! :yes: (even if you did call 868 slow!, she's very sensitive.)

Good Luck on your Checkride, I can't wait for you to sign my logbook for the first time!

We really need a "Where's Henning?" map on POA. Watching this trek east has been pretty interesting. :yes:
Well, it looks like he's on the move today. Chip is on his way to Santa Fe to get him. I'll be going to AR later today to pick him up from there....don't know in what vehicle yet. :)

Maybe when Henning gets here we can put his trip on Flightsoft and post it.

He's on his way. I handed him off to Ben this morning. :( You guys have fun, Hennings a great guy. I sure enjoyed my time with him. :yes:

He's on his way. I handed him off to Ben this morning. :( You guys have fun, Hennings a great guy. I sure enjoyed my time with him. :yes:

Do we know the N # of the plane he is riding in? Flightaware, you know...;)

Maybe when Henning gets here we can put his trip on Flightsoft and post it.

Diana, do you know the N # of the plane he is riding in, as well as Chip's N #? We can track 'em on Flightaware.

Diana, do you know the N # of the plane he is riding in, as well as Chip's N #? We can track 'em on Flightaware.
I've been watching Chip on FlightAware. He is N36PD. Looks like he has just added a stop now. He's not used to going that slow in his BO. :)

He's not used to going that slow in his BO. :)

Wow, down into the upper 120's in a Bo, must be bucking a nice headwind. Looks like he might be encountering occasional mod turb as well. Fun day!

Anyone know where he's going in FL? I'm in CFL and might be able to help...

Back