Henning's Odyssey

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
Henning will be winging his way to Florida (eventually) from Australia soon. For those of you who've missed the news about this trip, POAers have again offered to complete his journey to his home in Florida by chaining rides in GA planes from California where his commercial flight from down under terminates. There are stops planned (and unplanned no doubt) along the way and many chances for POA members to meet "the legend" himself. It is hoped that all who participate (or wish to comment) will log such on this thread for all to see.

Bon Voyage Henning...

Henning will be winging his way to Florida (eventually) from Australia soon. For those of you who've missed the news about this trip, POAers have again offered to complete his journey to his home in Florida by chaining rides in GA planes from California where his commercial flight from down under terminates. There are stops planned (and unplanned no doubt) along the way and many chances for POA members to meet "the legend" himself. It is hoped that all who participate (or wish to comment) will log such on this thread for all to see.

Bon Voyage Henning...

Cool, ok here's where I'll post pics.... I'll be leaving for the airport in an hour, ex is giving me a ride. She took me out for a pizza last night and we talked. She appologized for all the inconsiderate and hurtful things she's done over the last two weeks and asked me to forgive her, which I did. The world is a better place now that I don't have hatered for her, still sad though... I'll start it off with a few of my fondest memories of Aus.Hunter & Bear Small.jpg

Sea Lions 5x (Small).jpg

H&R Paw (Small).jpg

39  Map Reading Roo (Small).jpg

Andi's K.I. 184 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Atlanta leg...ready

Cool, ok here's where I'll post pics.... I'll be leaving for the airport in an hour, ex is giving me a ride. She took me out for a pizza last night and we talked. She appologized for all the inconsiderate and hurtful things she's done over the last two weeks and asked me to forgive her, which I did. The world is a better place now that I don't have hatered for her, still sad though... I'll start it off with a few of my fondest memories of Aus.
I'm so glad. I know that the way it was was not how you wanted it. Have a safe (and enjoyable) journey in a much better frame of mind!

She took me out for a pizza last night and we talked. She appologized for all the inconsiderate and hurtful things she's done over the last two weeks and asked me to forgive her, which I did. The world is a better place now that I don't have hatred for her, still sad though...

That is really great. It was distressing to hear that things turned nasty. I'm glad you too have come to a more amicable place.

Chris

She appologized for all the inconsiderate and hurtful things she's done over the last two weeks and asked me to forgive her, which I did. The world is a better place now that I don't have hatered for her, still sad though.
Henning, I'm glad to hear that.

The hot tub and the Citabria will be ready for you when you get here. Have a good trip.

I seem to be North of your course path. But if you get up this way, I'll carry you on...

Do you have need for a Central Texas Leg?

My cell is 254.644.4966

Bon Voyage!

Is it just me or does your ex look just like Joely Richardson?

I'm glad you were able to reconcile some things with her before you left. If I wasn't so out of your way as to be laughable I would love to give you a ride somewhere.

I wish I could help. I would, if I had my license.

Someone should set up a Frappr of the locations of the pilots that would be willing to help. Then you could kind of visualize a route.

I spoke with Dave S. today. If one or two pilots can get Henning from Las Vegas to, say, Tucumcari (or similar) Dave and I will work to get him on to Tom and Diana's (schedules permitting).

Anybody with a ride East of Las Vegas for Henning?

Available within 300nm radius of M11, wx permitting, on short notice. Basically east of Houston, Tx, west of Panama City, Fl, and south of Dexter, Mo. Further distance available with sufficient lead time.

Contact via email thru PoA profile link.

I spoke with Dave S. today. If one or two pilots can get Henning from Las Vegas to, say, Tucumcari (or similar) Dave and I will work to get him on to Tom and Diana's (schedules permitting).

Anybody with a ride East of Las Vegas for Henning?

Done.

edit....where is Tucumcari?

Done.

edit....where is Tucumcari?

Oh, you know. Haven't you been there?
"I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, from Tehachapi to Tonopah
I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made.... "

(apologies to Lowell George)

It's about 3.5 hours east of LV by Bonanza (almost to Texas). I guess that means it's 2 hours by Mooney.

It's a long way

to Tucumcari....

oops, that's Tippararey...

It's about 3.5 hours east of LV by Bonanza (almost to Texas). I guess that means it's 2 hours by Mooney.

TCC VOR): east New Mexico KTCC is the airport. North of Texaco VOR. Just kind of a half way point. Never been there but it's a 7,000 foot strip with several instrument approaches and fuel.

Any other place close would be fine if there are other suggestions.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
I hope you have a great trip, lots of fun, and take some time to heal. (And don't beat yourself up that things didn't work out.) Wish all the best to you and the wonderful people participating!

I'm with you, Lance Flynn. Tallahassee leg...ready! Of course, I will have to land at every airport along the route to get the "Go fly America claims". Just kidding about every airport (Henning, how about every other airport?). - Mike
ery airport doesn't bother me...

Is it just me or does your ex look just like Joely Richardson?

I'm glad you were able to reconcile some things with her before you left. If I wasn't so out of your way as to be laughable I would love to give you a ride somewhere.

If it wasn't the middle of freaking winter, I'd love to come to Alaska. (did winter there once testing railroad tracks...brrrrrrrrr) I'd like to Get to the University of Fairbanks sometime. There's a collection of artifacts there collected by my great uncle Otto Geist, named Aargvook by the eskimos.

I hope you have a great trip, lots of fun, and take some time to heal. (And don't beat yourself up that things didn't work out.) Wish all the best to you and the wonderful people participating!

Just landed in Taipei and I'm settling in for the 6 hr layover (actually 5 since we were late) Quick report in China Airlines A-330. Good seats (just have to remove the center head pad for neck comfort) with better than avg room in coach. Decent service and edible food. Video on Demand is a very nice feature on long haul flights. Miss my travelling partner though. When you've covered the world with someone and been with them 24/7 for 3 years, travelling alone is tough.:(

There's a collection of artifacts there collected by my great uncle Otto Geist, named Aargvook by the eskimos.

Dude, you need to write the book, you and your families exploits, I think it would be a fun read.

Some will be luckly enough to fly a leg of the journey, some will not. For those who do not, maybe we can schedule some lunch/dinner stops (pick airports with good on field or nearby food) so folks can do mini-flyins to meet fellow PoA'ers?

I can pick up any flying needed in the Chattanooga area.

I seem to be North of your course path. But if you get up this way, I'll carry you on...

Hmmmm, not far from St. Louis to Peoria, could use a Medical....:D BTW, am I legal on my current and valid Aussie medical? It's a heck of a lot more thurough than an FAA one....

Dude, you need to write the book, you and your families exploits, I think it would be a fun read.

Actually, there was a book written about him titled "Aargvook, the white eskimo" Our family has had a copy for as many years as I can remember, don't know if it's still available.

Some will be luckly enough to fly a leg of the journey, some will not. For those who do not, maybe we can schedule some lunch/dinner stops (pick airports with good on field or nearby food) so folks can do mini-flyins to meet fellow PoA'ers?

I do recall mention of a pig roast in NC....

Good song. I have the Commander Cody version. :)

Do you anticipate a stop in Jax? I can't fly you anywhere unfortunately, but I can buy lunch and/or dinner for you and whoever is flying you to points further south.

Do you anticipate a stop in Jax? I can't fly you anywhere unfortunately, but I can buy lunch and/or dinner for you and whoever is flying you to points further south.
I may be able to do a leg to/from/near Jax, depending on the day. If so, Frank, you'd be welcome to ride along.

WooHoo!!!!! HENNING'S HEADED HOME!!!!! Does anyone have his flight information so we can track it on flight aware?

Last edited:
I may be able to do a leg to/from/near Jax, depending on the day. If so, Frank, you'd be welcome to ride along.
Ken, that is a very kind and generous offer! I would love too! But...I'm not an especially compact individual, but If I don't push you over max, I would love to ride along...and happy to share costs as well! :yes:

Ken, that is a very kind and generous offer! I would love too! But...I'm not an especially compact individual, but If I don't push you over max, I would love to ride along...and happy to share costs as well! :yes:
Space and useful load will not be a problem unless Henning has a piano with him.

I take that to mean you now have your plane??? :yes:
Very close. Passed my personal inspection. Prebuy found a handful of squawks. Now we're just waiting for a $$$$ figure on fixing said squawks so the seller can agree to pay them, and we're done. End of this week, early next.

I'm available in my C172 if Lance can't make it in the Mooney for some reason. I'm based at KFFC (Peachtree City, GA) just south of Atlanta.

Just let me know if I can help. I would be honored to meet for a $100 Hamburger as you pass through the area and to fly you to your next stop.

Last edited:
Back