Henning's Odyssey

Henning, welcome home.

If you get up Oregon way, let me know. Be glad to provide airborne transpo!

Jay

I just realized my mooney goes in for annual on Thursday. who knows how long it will take. I guess my leg depends on when Henning will be ready to leave Vegas, or when he runs out of money....

... Miss my travelling partner though. When you've covered the world with someone and been with them 24/7 for 3 years, travelling alone is tough.:(

I hear you. My wife and I were always at our best when we were off on one of our frequent 'adventures' somewhere. I head off to travel NZ and Australia alone in March, and it's going to be very, very different.

Chris

Hmmmm, not far from St. Louis to Peoria, could use a Medical....:D BTW, am I legal on my current and valid Aussie medical? It's a heck of a lot more thurough than an FAA one....
And if you make it up here to meet with Bruce, you can bet that I'll fly down to PIA. If Kent and/or Mike are available, I'll almost GUARANTEE that they'd come to interview you for PilotCast! And we have a few more in this area who'd love to meet you!

Henning: Rock Star!

WooHoo!!!!! HENNING'S HEADED HOME!!!!! Does anyone have his flight information so we can track it on flight aware?
I could be wrong, but I suspect that FlightAware (which depends on radar for tracking) might not work well over the Pacific Ocean.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that FlightAware (which depends on radar for tracking) might not work well over the Pacific Ocean.

From FlightAware's FAQ:
How does FlightAware handle international flights?
Short answer: Not very well.

Long answer: FlightAware can only track aircraft that are being tracked by the FAA, which means aircraft only in the United States. For flights arriving in the US from an international origin, FlightAware will be able to track the US once the flight is handed off to the US. For flights departing the US for an international destination, FlightAware will be able to track the flight until it leaves the US and then it will be lost with no arrival ever recorded or the arrival time will be the time it left the US.

Here's an idea. As Henning, aka "the package", makes his way across the country let him make the landings. This way he can claim some airports for the CONUS Challenge. Of course, Henning will need to register on GoFlyAmerica.

Here's an idea. As Henning, aka "the package", makes his way across the country let him make the landings. This way he can claim some airports for the CONUS Challenge. Of course, Henning will need to register on GoFlyAmerica.

Henning may also need to carry quite a bit of insurance on several different makes and models of aircraft! But, great concept.

Best,

Dave

If there is going to be a stop anywhere in the middle Tennessee area, I'd appreciate the heads up. I understand that Joe Ritt has offered the ride from St. Louie.
Thanks

If it wasn't the middle of freaking winter, I'd love to come to Alaska. (did winter there once testing railroad tracks...brrrrrrrrr) I'd like to Get to the University of Fairbanks sometime. There's a collection of artifacts there collected by my great uncle Otto Geist, named Aargvook by the eskimos.

Well, if you're doing an Alaskan leg, stop at Seattle and I'll treat you and the other pilots to a flight through mountains and over to the islands for lunch or something if you like.

BTW, that invite is always open to anyone who frequents this hangar and a few so far have survived the experience.

I hear you. My wife and I were always at our best when we were off on one of our frequent 'adventures' somewhere. I head off to travel NZ and Australia alone in March, and it's going to be very, very different.

Chris

I'd let her drive and I'd navigate. Made it through some strange places.

WooHoo!!!!! HENNING'S HEADED HOME!!!!! Does anyone have his flight information so we can track it on flight aware?

I'm such an idiot...I forgot my paper with phone #s and had to lgo all the way upstairs to log on and get Joe's . In LAX now....

Well once I got to the right airlines I found him and we made it home.

caphenning.jpg

As the picture show, I'm at Joe's now. We stopped by a taco joint for a sorely missed Carne Asada Burrito and a cup of Horchata. No place like So Cal for Mexican food. The flight from hell is over thank God. Nothing like crossing the Pacific in an aluminium tube to make you regret being born. I'm getting some friendly attention from Sylvester the cat as well.

Man, Henning has the 1,000 yard stare and Joe....just looks tired. Two peas in a pod you are. Hats off to Joe for all your hard work.:yes: Glad to hear you both are okay now.

Wait a minute. You don't always wear the helmet and parachute? How are people supposed to recognize you?

Chris

As soon as I made it down from the internet kiosk with his phone #, he came in the door before I could get "Mr Friendly" (there's a guy whose job it is to find the lost and needy and get them the hell out of the airport with whatever assistance he can provide) to call him, and we recognized each other right off. Joe's hard to miss even in a crowd.

Henning,

When you have some idea when you'll be ready to leave Las Vegas let us know. We have a possible relay from there to Diana's, or to St. Louis, or where ever you're headed in that neck of the woods.

Henning,

When you have some idea when you'll be ready to leave Las Vegas let us know. We have a possible relay from there to Diana's, or to St. Louis, or where ever you're headed in that neck of the woods.

Will do, it'll be a couple of weeks anyway. Looking at a possible excursion into the Phoenix area...

As the picture show, I'm at Joe's now. We stopped by a taco joint for a sorely missed Carne Asada Burrito and a cup of Horchata. No place like So Cal for Mexican food.
Amen, brother! Our first stop when coming back to SoCal is the newest converted Popeye's or Church's chicken shack sporting a sign that says Albertos, Roberto's, etc... and order up a big carne asada burrito... the very best and you just can't get 'em much further east that there!

Glad you're back home and good luck in your next adventure!

Will do, it'll be a couple of weeks anyway. Looking at a possible excursion into the Phoenix area...

My plane goes in tomorrow for annual. but maybe nick can get the 172.
for a phoenix flight?

Well, if you're doing an Alaskan leg, stop at Seattle and I'll treat you and the other pilots to a flight through mountains and over to the islands for lunch or something if you like.

BTW, that invite is always open to anyone who frequents this hangar and a few so far have survived the experience.

I'll attest to Dave providing a good flight around the Seattle area!

Welcome back Henning. Did you kiss U.S. soil when you arrived?

Will do, it'll be a couple of weeks anyway.
Henning, it's probably a good thing you aren't planning on coming to this part of the country right now, considering how much you don't like cold weather. It's starting to snow and the forecast is for snow for several days and the high temps will be below freezing for the next week.

We've been chiseling the ice that was blocking the hangar doors for days and days and days and days, and finally got the doors open on Monday. I'm going to camp out there in front of the doors and shovel snow constantly this time around. I can't stand to have my airplane trapped!!!!!!!

Wait a minute. You don't always wear the helmet and parachute? How are people supposed to recognize you?

Yea no kidding! So we are supposed to believe these are the same guys?

I've been tracking this so-called Odyssey and I believe that the REAL Henning is the victum of identity theft of the worst kind and the rest of us are the victums of an evil HOAX!

Further proof can be found if you dictate certian posts by "Henning" and play the tape backwards. I think you will come to the same conclusions I have. I can say no more.

Matt Michael
Charter member of the Paul is dead fan club

Attachments

• henning.jpg
    henning.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 18
  • henning_3.jpg
    henning_3.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 153

Yea no kidding! So we are supposed to believe these are the same guys?

I've been tracking this so-called Odyssey and I believe that the REAL Henning is the victum of identity theft of the worst kind and the rest of us are the victums of an evil HOAX!

Further proof can be found if you dictate certian posts by "Henning" and play the tape backwards. I think you will come to the same conclusions I have. I can say no more.

Matt Michael
Charter member of the Paul is dead fan club

:rofl: and I am the walrus.

Wish I had my ticket, Henning! Then Diana could haul you the 50 miles to Bolivar (M17), then I could haul ya to STL!

Safe journey,

Jim

Back