Henning's Odyssey

I once spent a week in Atlanta one night...

It was New Year's Eve, a SWAT team was taking the "hill" in the Buckhead bar district, I was dancing in the rain on a barroom roof...then lost in a woman's arms...

Yes, that kind of thing can happen in Hotlanta! Hooboy...

;)

But then they always seem to end in a Waffle House, scattered and smothered. Alas... :(

Last edited:
Must...avoid....Waffle....House...will be the size of a house...

Generic directions in metro Atlanta:

Go down Peachtree and turn left at the Waffle House...

(For those unfamiliar - there are tons of Waffle Houses* here, and it seems that every other street is "Peachtree" something or other, street, lane, road, parkway, avenue, north, south etc. Especially inside the I-285 perimeter it seems you could find nearly anything by following directions like that, IF you knew which Waffle House and which "Peachtree!")

*My nickname for 'em is "Awful House," southern as I am. About the only popular local place I like less is the Varsity, where fast food workers are paid to rudely yell at you while serving what is, to me, the worst of that already awful genre of fast food. When I used to work at Bellsouth some of the guys would occasionally want to go there for lunch to which I started just replying, "No thanks, go without me. I only eat food." Of course I made the same reply about MacDonald's.

Last edited:
those directions should have read:

Go down Peachtree. When you get to the waffle house, turn in the opposite direction and RUN AWAY!!

To many 3 a.m. heartburn omelettes while on patrol, I reckon ...

So - the dude on the left in the pictures that looks like Steve Irwin (only slightly crazier :D) is Dr. Bill?

Looks like y'all had a blast!

Yup, that'd be Dr. Bill
And Yup. we had a blast :yes:

Y'all missed the round of golf... there was some severe comedy on the links. Dr. Bill toned his game down so Bob and I wouldn't feel bad. Bob cheated though, he filled out his card at the beginning of the game, 180, because he quits counting at 10.

Back