great day for America

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, but there are many countries in the world today (and even more in history) for which that is not the case. We've managed to do this successfully for close to 250 years. I think it's worth recognizing that and being positive about our continued success doing that as a nation.

150 years. You forget the "civil" war. A war that cost the US more than the World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam combined.

Probably so. I heard about our use of B-2s to bomb an Isis compound, I think it was yesterday? Seems like a successful bombing run. Missouri to Libya and back, as I recall. That's my kind of flying.
But you can't log it as cross country. :(

Probably so. I heard about our use of B-2s to bomb an Isis compound, I think it was yesterday? Seems like a successful bombing run. Missouri to Libya and back, as I recall. That's my kind of flying.

Back home in time for some hot dogs and cole slaw.

150 years. You forget the "civil" war. A war that cost the US more than the World Wars, Korea, and Vietnam combined.

One certainly could debate whether to consider the Civil War as the period of reset. I would argue not to count that as a reset, as President of the United States still transferred peacefully. I look at the peaceful transfer of power being one leader voluntarily stepping down and being replaced by another.

One certainly could debate whether to consider the Civil War as the period of reset. I would argue not to count that as a reset, as President of the United States still transferred peacefully. I look at the peaceful transfer of power being one leader voluntarily stepping down and being replaced by another.

If you have to rescind Habeus Corpus via executive order while you're ordering hangings of political operatives in order to keep your job, I don't think that counts as "peaceful".

usa-american-flag-gif-3.gif

Yes...yes it is.

Your flag is a few decades out of date.

He does not recognize Alaska and Hawaii as 'legitimate' states.

Don't you have to land >50nm from your departure?

Like Zeldman said, that's for a rating or certificate. The whole landing at another airfield other than departure shuts down the XC logging though. That is even if they're logging to FAR standards vs service standards.

I wonder how much that bombing run cost. I'm guessing North of $80million dollars, or over a million per terrorist.

Success? For whom?
Employees who make the airplanes and bombs, fuel the tankers, fly the missions, plan the missions, maintain the fleet, sells parts to the fleet....

Y'all forget the Cold War years. B-52s airborne constantly with nucs, headed for Russia. See the "Doc Strangelove" movie. Not to mention all the TAC bases in Europe on alert w/ nucs. Korea also. And then all the Naval assets.

Slim bomb.jpeg

Last edited:
Not mine. I don't think it's very interesting unless you can spend a few days on the ground at your destination. :eek2:
You could, but I don't think they'd be very welcoming :confused:

Nauga,
and a SEREne 'vacation'

Not mine. I don't think it's very interesting unless you can spend a few days on the ground at your destination. :eek2:

You'd want to spend time in Libya, with all that's going there? :confused:
That's where they bombed with the B-2s.

I'm watching for the horses to show up in the parade. My sister in law is supposed to be on one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back