great day for America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Trump forgot his plane in LGA today:eek:

IMG_0281_zpsl4jq3qvo.jpg

I'll be curious to see how much that plane flies now. Obviously Trump will be going places in the Presidential aircraft, so for the duration of his presidency he won't be in it. But the plane is a business asset, and with his kids taking over the businesses, I expect they'll still have cause to fly it. Or he may tell the kids "No flying my plane!" and only let them take the Citation places. I suspect the 757 only ever flew if he was on board before (could be wrong).

Growing up in NYC, I remember seeing his 727 parked at LGA whenever we flew someplace. I still like the tri-holer.

Surprised he just leaves it sitting on the ramp. Figured it would be hangared.

Trump's 727/757 have always been parked on the ramp at LGA. For one, I don't think a hangar is available. For two, it's advertising for the Trump brand. Everyone sees/saw the Trump 727/757 when they come to LGA first thing. It was very prominently parked when I was growing up, such that you would never miss it if you were taking off or landing.

Used to see his plane in HPN when I flew the RJ in there. Think it was a 737, same color scheme as his 757 I believe.

Watching it all in my jammies and bunny slippers. Don't even need the Post and Times and MSNBC to tell me what I heard. I also had popcorn!

Learned something while being abused at USAF survival school years ago - we (USA) have the second oldest continuous form of gov't; Iceland beats us by quite a bit. Everyone else is on their second, third, or fourth, etc., try.

An interesting discussion on Thursday (Anderson? NPR? I don't remember) that was somewhat related to the business issue. "Trump" is a brand all over the world. Anything overseas with the Trump name going to be the #1 target with a bullet by some faction.

Biden's TFR may remain. Bush's TFR in east Dallas is still there, and will remain for the foreseeable future.

Ike wasn't a pilot. On the other hand, he was the highest ranking general in quite a while.

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/from-pilot-to-president-35484682/

"Few countries have produced as many flying commanders-in-chief as the United States. The first to earn a pilot’s license was Dwight Eisenhower, who soloed in 1937, when he was a lieutenant colonel serving in the Philippines. But he never qualified for Army wings."

I believe George Washington flew F-16s in the Revolutionary War.

And it wasn't the Revolutionary War. He and his Patriots flew F-16s when they invaded Pearl Harbor and dragged the USA into WW2.

And it wasn't the Revolutionary War. He and his Patriots flew F-16s when they invaded Pearl Harbor and dragged the USA into WW2.

Pearl Harbor never would have happened if the Tomcats had launched their AIM-54s and returned to the Nimitz before the storm.

Pearl Harbor never would have happened if the Tomcats had launched their AIM-54s and returned to the Nimitz before the storm.

Yeah, you know I read that in Wikipedia I think. I thought that was just a rumor.

Referring to the time storm?

Heck ya. They could've destroyed the Japanese armada before returning to the Nimitz. Kirk Douglas made the wrong decision!

Last edited:
Spent the night in the hospital with the daughter while the wife slept in a hotel bed with the other daughter, she needed the sleep, so I was up at 4:30 this morning and never left Fox News. Finally left their at 1:30 and will have to say that it was a good show today! Great speech! Great parting views! I must say that it was a very enjoyable morning.

in honor of the newly elected President, all US based grocery stores have taken all shredded cheese from their shelves. This will remain in effect for the next 4 years.

a spokesman for Kroger Inc stated, "Let's make America grate again...."

Hail to the Chief! Great day indeed.

in honor of the newly elected President, all US based grocery stores have taken all shredded cheese from their shelves. This will remain in effect for the next 4 years.

a spokesman for Kroger Inc stated, "Let's make America grate again...."

BIG laugh.jpg

I'll be curious to see how much that plane flies now. Obviously Trump will be going places in the Presidential aircraft, so for the duration of his presidency he won't be in it. But the plane is a business asset, and with his kids taking over the businesses, I expect they'll still have cause to fly it. Or he may tell the kids "No flying my plane!" and only let them take the Citation places. I suspect the 757 only ever flew if he was on board before (could be wrong).

Growing up in NYC, I remember seeing his 727 parked at LGA whenever we flew someplace. I still like the tri-holer.
Are you kidding? That airplane is going to get lots of use. Trumps companies will still be in business and will be making tons of money. There will be lots of inside deals, influence peddling and etc going on.

Biden's TFR may remain. Bush's TFR in east Dallas is still there, and will remain for the foreseeable future.
Cheney's TFR over Jackson Hole is gone, even when he's there.

Ike wasn't a pilot. On the other hand, he was the highest ranking general in quite a while.
This site says Ike was a pilot.

Few countries have produced as many flying commanders-in-chief as the United States. The first to earn a pilot’s license was Dwight Eisenhower, who soloed in 1937, when he was a lieutenant colonel serving in the Philippines. But he never qualified for Army wings.

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/from-pilot-to-president-35484682/

Cheney's TFR over Jackson Hole is gone, even when he's there.
/

Well he a pretty good shot so (goes on lots of hunting trips ya know) maybe they figured he could shoot down anything that flew over his compound.

George Bush was a Navy pilot in WW2, Bush was an F-102 (think was the 102) pilot in the Texas ANG. That's all I know of.

H.W. flew an F4F Wildcat, IIRC. Not sure if it was in combat.

Y'all forget the Cold War years. B-52s airborne constantly with nucs, headed for Russia. See the "Doc Strangelove" movie. Not to mention all the TAC bases in Europe on alert w/ nucs. Korea also. And then all the Naval assets.

View attachment 50793
Don't forget the Dew Line and all the nuclear tipped Nike/Hurc missle batteries in Alaska. Lived 4 years on the fire control radar site for one in the 60's as a kid in NoDamnWhere, Alaska.

H.W. flew an F4F Wildcat, IIRC. Not sure if it was in combat.

Actually he flew a TBM off a carrier (obliviously). My father was the Chief of Maintenance for the Rocky Mountain wing of the CAF and they own a TBM. Pres. Bush paid them a visit one time and of course my father had the opportunity to meet. Quite a guy for a Yalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back