great day for America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the peaceful transfer of power in a democracy always makes for a great day regardless of who the transfer is from or to. I'm sure that is what you meant.

I get annoyed when the media claims "Peaceful Transition of Power" as if the US is the only country in modern history that does this. Canada, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland (I said modern history, remember), Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand.....I would appreciate less pomp & circumstance, tho.

Midway through the Australian Open? Denis Istomin, 117th-ranked player from Uzbekistan beating No. 2 Djokovic was epic!! :D

Don't be hatin' Djokovic. He's arrogant and likes to take his shirt off but he's a damn good tennis player. What will be epic is when Federer goes all the way this year.:)

I got a free 5 course 5 star meal for lunch today. unbelievable, but now I want a nap..

Awesome day!

I get annoyed when the media claims "Peaceful Transition of Power" as if the US is the only country in modern history that does this. Canada, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland (I said modern history, remember), Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand.....I would appreciate less pomp & circumstance, tho.

That is true, but there are many countries in the world today (and even more in history) for which that is not the case. We've managed to do this successfully for close to 250 years. I think it's worth recognizing that and being positive about our continued success doing that as a nation.

To: Staff

We are reaching out to you today to let you know of a change here at Oligarchy, Inc. Our President has decided to spend more time with family and as of today will be pursuing other interests. We wish him well in his future endeavors.

Our new President is currently being sworn in, and the staff in DC will be provided cake. Other locations can watch via videoconference.

There will be no immediate changes in the requirement to send half of your paycheck via direct deposit to the company as we continue our search for a way to survive our $20T debt and continue to operate, as previously communicated.

Keep up the good work, team!

Betty Smith
HR Director, Oligarchy Inc.

I think it should go without saying that politics are prohibited, so let's make sure to keep this civil and keep political views regarding today out of the conversation.

How many more times can they tell us that SAM 28000 will not be using AF1 callsign when transporting Obama???

Last edited:
I think it should go without saying that politics are prohibited, so let's make sure to keep this civil and keep political views regarding today out of the conversation.

Don't be dissin' on Johnny Football! LOL.

He says he "got lost in the sauce". Hahahaha.

So I was at the gym this morning right, and I got on the machine in front of my favorite local TV news station. Then the front desk guy turned it inexplicably to Fox 40. I was the only one watching it.

Or so I thought. The old dude three TV rows back, that's right, three TV rows back, just had to change MY TV to another station. I was all about WTF dude, can't you watch it on your own, closer TV?

It's not that I'm for or against the swearing in of the new president, it's just that, well, I wanted to watch news, not watch a single story for an hour that I already know about. It's an important event sure but there are other things going on in the world.

Biden's TFR is still there over Delaware. I'll check again tomorrow.

I noticed that, as well as the fact that the Trump TFR over Manhattan is now valid "until further notice."

lt's an important event sure but there are other things going on in the world.

Yup.

I'm sure we bombed and killed some people somewhere today. But way more interesting...

The national cyber security folks announced that there's scammers on the internet, sending fake job listings to college students. Imagine. Scammers on the internet! Who knew?! Man I'm glad they're on the job!

And supposedly there's a really nice golf ball that can only be bought at Costco but they're out of stock, according to WSJ.

All sorts of much more interesting stuff going on today! ;-)

So I was at the gym this morning right, and I got on the machine in front of my favorite local TV news station. Then the front desk guy turned it inexplicably to Fox 40. I was the only one watching it.

Or so I thought. The old dude three TV rows back, that's right, three TV rows back, just had to change MY TV to another station. I was all about WTF dude, can't you watch it on your own, closer TV?

It's not that I'm for or against the swearing in of the new president, it's just that, well, I wanted to watch news, not watch a single story for an hour that I already know about. It's an important event sure but there are other things going on in the world.
What's with you gym rats needing to watch tv at the gym? Geesh!

usa-american-flag-gif-3.gif

Yes...yes it is.

I'm sure we bombed and killed some people somewhere today.

Probably so. I heard about our use of B-2s to bomb an Isis compound, I think it was yesterday? Seems like a successful bombing run. Missouri to Libya and back, as I recall. That's my kind of flying.

Probably so. I heard about our use of B-2s to bomb an Isis compound, I think it was yesterday? Seems like a successful bombing run. Missouri to Libya and back, as I recall. That's my kind of flying.
Not mine. I don't think it's very interesting unless you can spend a few days on the ground at your destination. :eek2:

Tim Cook cashed out $3.6M of AAPL today. He had expenses, ya know. Didn't get that performance bonus he expected.

Not mine. I don't think it's very interesting unless you can spend a few days on the ground at your destination. :eek2:

Yeah, but you know the kinds of trips I do. Fly to Belize or Cozumel for dinner, fly home the next day. Oh, and fly 30ish dogs in the process.

I wonder how much that bombing run cost. I'm guessing North of $80million dollars, or over a million per terrorist.

Success? For whom?

I wonder how much that bombing run cost. I'm guessing North of $80million dollars, or over a million per terrorist.

Success? For whom?

The pilots. Keeps them current instead of flying a desk. :eek:

That was a few days ago I believe, Libya. There was another one today, the news said it, that involved B-52s and the Fox people were saying even with an old bird like the B-52 the USA can reach out and touch you, anywhere. Not to get political but I liked what Pres Trump said about terrorists, calling it was it is, radical Islam.

Last edited:
Oh! You hate to see something like that in an event like this. Ugly protestors bothering beautiful people.

I believe George Washington flew F-16s in the Revolutionary War. Could be wrong though...might have been F-4s back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back