GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

They should ban the team for one season.

Back to back championships.... I read the texts, making the jump to malfeasance from those is a huge leap. Football people aren't the brightest bulbs in the circuit.

Back to back championships.... I read the texts, making the jump to malfeasance from those is a huge leap. Football people aren't the brightest bulbs in the circuit.

As I used to say to my bicycling friend who dislikes Lance Armstrong.

"Lance didnt take PEDs, I don't give a damn what he says."

As usual, you're spot on Jimmy.

c38f00d63d97eb059e709427c98b5976.jpg

Yes, I feel I am. However there are always a few who don't get the message. The real problem with pro football is the taxpayers funding of it. This current "investigation" is simply window dressing.

I am guessing Brady will be suspended anywhere between four games and the entire season. The NFL is not going to like the fact that Brady clearly lied, and withheld evidence. They may be more ****ed about that then the actual deflation. Of course, as Polian says, the NFL views violations as more serious the close to the field they get. This was an on field violation.

We shall see.

No, I do not think this altered the outcome of the Colts-Pats game. The Pats were better on that day, and the last several times they have met, for that matter. But I do think a high probability it did the Pats-Ravens game. There was one drive in late in that game when the Pats were trying to come back, and one of the Ravens defenders had gotten his hands on the ball as it was held by the Pats' running back. Although the defender was giving a mighty tug, strangely, the ball stayed firmly in place. Had that ball come loose, the outcome would very likely have been very different.

Last edited:
I haven't liked the direction the NFL has taken the past several years. This scandal just makes me want to watch even less. Between all the pink crap, the needless advertisements insinuating the guilt of all males regarding domestic violence, the rules on hitting, and the scandals it has become a lesser product.

Yes, I feel I am. However there are always a few who don't get the message. The real problem with pro football is the taxpayers funding of it. This current "investigation" is simply window dressing.

Yeah, yeah, little jimmy...it's all Cheney and Haliburtonb, right?

No way is Brady suspended for a whole season. My gut feeling is he will be held out of the two preseason games and reinstated just in time for the traditional Superbowl Champions kicking off week 1 of next season. It's the Patriots we're talking about.

If this were the Falcons, they would've fined us $680,000,000 and docked us the first round draft picks until 2027. And maybe cut off Matt Ryan's right hand.

How many times is this that the Patriots have been caugt cheating? There seems to be a cultural problem with their organization that the NFL will either tacitly endorse or will aggressively challenge. So either they do nothing or they give them the Penn State treatment and take away their birthday. In dong believe there is any in between.

No way is Brady suspended for a whole season. My gut feeling is he will be held out of the two preseason games and reinstated just in time for the traditional Superbowl Champions kicking off week 1 of next season. It's the Patriots we're talking about.

If this were the Falcons, they would've fined us $680,000,000 and docked us the first round draft picks until 2027. And maybe cut off Matt Ryan's right hand.

I agree, I really doubt there would be a whole season suspension. That would send a message that the Super Bowl was tainted. I really think it would be on the lower end. But it won't be pre-season games. That is no penalty at all. The would sooner do nothing. If there is a suspension, it will be regular season games.

:dunno:
Matt Ryan is one of the best in the league.

Sure, after Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Luck, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Ben Rothlisburger, and Brees, (not necessarily in that order). In the top 1/3 (barely), I guess. So what? When has that ever stopped a fan of one team making fun of a quarterback for another for being bad?

Last edited:
Maybe if he deflated more balls he would win more, too.

Wrong. They played the second half with different footballs, all correctly inflated. The patriots still whipped their azz. Why should Brady be singled out? Wall Street gets away with it all the time! Nothing happens other than a wrist slap type fine. It's why Brady gets 14 mill per year.

Why should Brady be singled out?
Because the evidence proves that he participated in a scheme to violate the rules, lied about it to the NFL, and failed to cooperate with their investigation.

Because the evidence proves that he participated in a scheme to violate the rules, lied about it to the NFL, and failed to cooperate with their investigation.
But other than that, whats wrong with a little lying and cheating as long as people like you and are willing to tolerate it?

Ok, that was sarcastic,
but one of the problems with football now is that there are too many rules. Maybe we should eliminate a bunch of them.

If the nfl had any integrity, and the balls necessary to go with it, they would take all of the patriots wins away for the last year, making them 0 - 16, then declare that there was NO AFC Champion and NO Super Bowl winner in February, take back the trophy, and fine them an appropriate amount, so high that even Kraft would decide it wasn't worth cheating any longer.

What evidence was that? Links to statements please.

What evidence was that? Links to statements please.

Sorry, but you don't get to unilaterally decide that only Brady's own statement qualify as evidence. Other things count.

Sorry, but you don't get to unilaterally decide that only Brady's own statement qualify as evidence. Other things count.

I'm not talking about Brady's statements, show me the other things.

I see nothing there except biased interpretation of some texts that say absolutely nothing about deflating game balls after official tests. The guy in the texts is the person who prepares the balls for Brady, which involves buffing, wetting, roughing up and is a tedious and long process, all within the rules. The guy spends upwards of 25 to 30 hours a week working on the balls, plus he has a full time job. I see procedures in place by the NFL that apparently are never followed concerning handling the balls after the test, only officials are supposed to handle the balls after the test, yet they routinely allow the teams to handle the balls week in and week out.

Were this a court case, it would be thrown out by the prosecutor due to lack of evidence.

This will be good for the Patriots in the long run as they will use it to chew up other teams this season.

I see nothing there except biased interpretation of some texts that say absolutely nothing about deflating game balls after official tests.
There is much irony in your assertion. Of course you see nothing.

The only evidence of bias is that you disagree--which is, of course, no evidence at all.

They should change the league's name, to recognize that the games are not authentic. Call it NFE. Like WWE, where E stands for entertainment.

National Football Entertainment.

It will have its stars. Like Tom Brady, the Hulk Hogan of the NFE.

They will have "fall guys" in this case the equipment guys, in Atlanta it was a guy named Roddy White, he got fired, the equipment guys will get fired. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief and go on with life. Brady is an untouchable, like Arthur Blank, the owner of the Falcons, you have to fire somebody, but not anybody important! :mad2:

I haven't liked the direction the NFL has taken the past several years. This scandal just makes me want to watch even less. Between all the pink crap, the needless advertisements insinuating the guilt of all males regarding domestic violence, the rules on hitting, and the scandals it has become a lesser product.

Amen, Anthony. The feminization of the NFL is sickening. If I wanted feminine, I'd cuddle up to my bride.

They will have "fall guys" in this case the equipment guys, in Atlanta it was a guy named Roddy White, he got fired, the equipment guys will get fired. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief and go on with life. Brady is an untouchable, like Arthur Blank, the owner of the Falcons, you have to fire somebody, but not anybody important! :mad2:

Can't kill the Golden Calf.

There is much irony in your assertion. Of course you see nothing.

The only evidence of bias is that you disagree--which is, of course, no evidence at all.

So your post is why I am fundamentally against the death penalty, people just don't understand what constitutes evidence from wishful thinking.

Short of an admission by Brady or the Patriot ball handler, or video evidence of the guy sticking the needle in the ball to reduce the pressure after the inspection there is no evidence that the balls were tampered with. The report purposely omitted most of Brady's testimony, which would be very relevant as to the context of the texts. The "conclusions" of guilt are not conclusions at all, rather they are hedged statements, such as "it is more probable than not" and other weasel words, hardly definitive evidence something was done to the balls, never mind enough to impugn Brady's reputation.

So your post is why I am fundamentally against the death penalty, people just don't understand what constitutes evidence from wishful thinking.

Short of an admission by Brady or the Patriot ball handler, or video evidence of the guy sticking the needle in the ball to reduce the pressure after the inspection there is no evidence that the balls were tampered with. The report purposely omitted most of Brady's testimony, which would be very relevant as to the context of the texts. The "conclusions" of guilt are not conclusions at all, rather they are hedged statements, such as "it is more probable than not" and other weasel words, hardly definitive evidence something was done to the balls, never mind enough to impugn Brady's reputation.

Oh, yeah. I am sure most perpetrators are going to go find a video camera, sit down, make sure the shot is framed up, and have at it, then save the video and ship it to NFL headquarters for review. So requiring video of the actual act of deflation is a perfectly reasonable burden of proof. Oh yeah, and O.J. didn't do it either.

You can claim that "more probable than not" is a "hedged statement," but that is simply not true. That is the author's definitive statement that the evidence supports the finding of a violation. Look at footnote one in the report. This is the NFL saying "we have found a clear violation of the rules by both the Patriot's organization and Brady." All that's left now if for the NFL to decide a punishment.

I don't know if they will actually suspend Brady (don't be surprised if they do), but one thing I am quite sure of is they won't be suspending Luck.

Last edited:
"In a 2008 memo from Goodell to the NFL's Competition Committee obtained by the Washington Post, Goodell reportedly wrote, 'Too often, competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking. I believe we should reconsider the standard of proof to be applied in such cases, and make it easier for a competitive violation to be established. And where a violation is shown, I intend to impose more stringent penalties on both the club and the responsible individual(s). I will also be prepared to make greater use of draft choice forfeiture in appropriate cases. I believe this will have the effect of deterring violations.'"

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...eflategate-punishment-matter-severe/70913020/

Oh, yeah. I am sure most perpetrators are going to go find a video camera, sit down, make sure the shot is framed up, and have at it, then save the video and ship it to NFL headquarters for review. So requiring video of the actual act of deflation is a perfectly reasonable burden of proof. Oh yeah, and O.J. didn't do it either.

You can claim that "more probable than not" is a "hedged statement," but that is simply not true. That is the author's definitive statement that the evidence supports the finding of a violation. Look at footnote one in the report. This is the NFL saying "we have found a clear violation of the rules by both the Patriot's organization and Brady." All that's left now if for the NFL to decide a punishment.

I don't know if they will actually suspend Brady (don't be surprised if they do), but one thing I am quite sure of is they won't be suspending Luck.

Yes, like I said, this is why I am fundamentally opposed to the death penalty. Innocent people are sent to jail every day with your logic.

I think that there is much more to be done here than: "All that is left now is for the NFL to decide a punishment". I can't imagine the player's union going along with this. I can't imagine Brady accepting this outcome. I can imagine Brady filing a lawsuit against the league for defamation of character.

I can imagine Brady filing a lawsuit against the league for defamation of character.

He would never do that because truth is a defense to defamation. His phone records would become discoverable, and then it will be all over. And it won't just be whether he cheated this time, but whether he is a cheater in general. So all the other skeletons hiding in the closet come out, too. Nope. He'll just accept his punishment, or appeal within the NFL's player's appellate procedure.

Yes, like I said, this is why I am fundamentally opposed to the death penalty. Innocent people are sent to jail every day with your logic.
Not true. The criminal burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt, not by a preponderance of the evidence. Keep tap dancin'.

Last edited:
NFL Footbal = Pro Wrestling

He would never do that because truth is a defense to defamation. His phone records would become discoverable, and then it will be all over. And it won't just be whether he cheated this time, but whether he is a cheater in general. So all the other skeletons hiding in the closet come out, too. Nope. He'll just accept his punishment, or appeal within the NFL's player's appellate procedure.

I doubt he'd bite the hand that feeds him, but we'll have to wait and see.

From the report: "Based on the experiments and analysis described above, it is also clear that when the Logo
and Non-Logo Gauges are exposed to an identical pressure, different readings are produced.
Generally speaking, the Logo Gauge reads higher (between 0.35 and 0.75 psig) than the NonLogo
Gauge."

What a joke.

Back