GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

PaulS

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
PaulS
That's it, off to the game, supposed to be a wet one.

Hundreds of hours of media, 11 minutes of football. Yawn. How's the empire holding up?

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Well deserved victory.

The Colts need to do some serious soul searching. Their GM has missed on way too many draft picks (Exhibit A: the entire 2013 draft class) and paid way too much for mediocre (Eric Walden, Gosder Cherilus, for example) to bad (Landry, Heywood-Bey, T. Richardson, to name but a few.) free agents). The coaching gap is shocking. And, perhaps the worst invective I can hurl: Andrew Luck has regressed. I want to vomit.

The Colts play in the weakest division and that masks a lot of their deficiencies. The Bengals and the Broncos didn't show up for the playoffs, again masking a lot of their deficiencies. Maybe this undressing will reveal the Colts front office for what they really are to Irsay. But I doubt it.

I just read an article claiming the Pats cheated AGAIN and they really didn't have to. Seems they provide the game balls and they let a little air out to help the grip. makes a difference if you practice with them and the other team doesn't.

I just read an article claiming the Pats cheated AGAIN and they really didn't have to. Seems they provide the game balls and they let a little air out to help the grip. makes a difference if you practice with them and the other team doesn't.

Let the whining begin!!

:goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

All teams cheat. Whether you run better/more drugs without getting caught or its taking advantage of last second eligibility declarations of receivers or its letting air out of the balls. There is too much money on the line not to cheat.

I think they are going to destroy the Seahawks. Sucks that Green Bay gave them the Super Bowl spot, though.

The Colts play in the weakest division

The Colts play in the NFC South? I don't think so.

Wondering about the Patriots being accused of cheating again...that's the trouble with cheating, you do it once and you're a cheater forever.

The Colts play in the NFC South? I don't think so.

Wondering about the Patriots being accused of cheating again...that's the trouble with cheating, you do it once and you're a cheater forever.

I am sorry, but the AFC south is horrid outside of the Colts. Jacksonville, Tennessee and Houston. Those are six victories right there.

The falcons and the panthers have shown some signs of life, and New Orleans has been pretty good until this last season. This is certainly a down season for the NFC south, but I don't think it's as bad as the AFC south.

If it's true (unlikely), I'm wondering how they kept the Colts from using the same balls to have an advantage.

I wondered that, too. But, apparently each team uses their own balls. I am no expert on this, so if anyone knows better, please speak up.

I wondered that, too. But, apparently each team uses their own balls. I am no expert on this, so if anyone knows better, please speak up.

Just watched the news here, each team brings 12 balls, they are turned over to the officials 2 and half hours before the game, inspected and put into big leather bags. What wasn't clear was if the balls are used for both teams or if each team only uses its own balls. Regardless, the teams have no access to the balls after they are turned over for inspection. The only other balls on the field are the kicking balls, which come direct from the manufacturer and are not touched by the teams. They have a slicker surface and a higher inflation pressure.

According to the CBS News story, the offense uses its team's balls.

Pete Rose is banned from baseball for betting on it.

Patriots cheat regularly and get slap on the wrist of not getting a few draft picks.

NFL leadership is a joke.

Patriots cheat regularly and get slap on the wrist of not getting a few draft picks.

waaaah, the Patriots videotaped opponents signals from the wrong location (hint, video of opponents was actually within the rules.... the Patriot's "crime"? doing it from the wrong location)

waaaah, the Patriots use a legal formation

waaaah, someone claims the Patriots deflated the balls.

waaaah.

waaaah, the Patriots videotaped opponents signals from the wrong location (hint, video of opponents was actually within the rules.... the Patriot's "crime"? doing it from the wrong location)

waaaah, the Patriots use a legal formation

waaaah, someone claims the Patriots deflated the balls.

waaaah.

There's the stereotypical pats fan we all know and love.

For the Pats to have deflated the balls the NFL reffing staff have to be in on it, and then it isn't the Pats cheating it is the NFL fixing games.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. And if true, the footballs in question were just the first half. How come the last half was such a blow out? Got another excuse for that?
And by the way, if there were an issue with the footballs, how come the refs, who handle each one prior to play, never questioned them? You going to claim bias or payoff now?

I love how pats fans think its sour grapes to expect conformance with the rules.

Show me where anyone said the Colts loss was due to the balls?

I love how pats fans think its sour grapes to expect conformance with the rules.

Show me where anyone said the Colts loss was due to the balls?
Gee. Ya think it might be because "Colts lose, Pats cheated" has something to do with it.
More sour grapes. The real problem though is we've taken a child's game and turned it into a multi billion dollar industry that turns out new millionaires just because they can play the game. And based on some of the plays I've seen, not worth the money.

Gee. Ya think it might be because "Colts lose, Pats cheated" has something to do with it.

No, I don't. That is a figment of your imagination. Again, show me where anyone said that the Colts would have won but for the alleged deflated balls issue.

No, the real issue is that most too many pats fans have no sense of right and wrong, and are not at all the least embarrassed if their team cheated.

Last edited:
LOL, PEYYYYYTOOOON, PEYYYYYYTOOOOOOON.......... the Broncos choked, the Colts got owned. Enjoy watching the Superbowl thinking about deflated balls......... what a joke.

No, I don't. That is a figment of your imagination. Again, show me where anyone said that the Colts would have won but for the alleged deflated balls issue.

No, the real issue is that most too many pats fans have no sense of right and wrong, and are not at all the least embarrassed if their team cheated.
Sure the subset of the US population defined as Pats fans have morality below the US average. It is a game, stop being gay.

I don't think a reasonable person would think the Colts were going to beat the Patriots even if the Patriots didn't cheat which makes me wonder why they insist on cheating.

Last edited:
I thought New England became part of Canada decades ago???

It's all good. Patriots leadership are a great moral compass for all of us to emulate. I just forgot for a few minutes. Carry on NFL.

And I'm sure they'll be able to point at the investigation afterward and hold their heads high and above reproach, because they're the ultimate examples of sportsmanship in the league... They are truly that good as people.

Oh. Crap. Maybe they're just like the IRS. Must have been some underling in Cincinatti's fault... Yeah, that's it! That's the ticket! ;)

http://kdvr.com/2015/01/20/report-1...lls-under-inflated-for-afc-championship-game/

And I'm sure they'll be able to point at the investigation afterward and hold their heads high and above reproach, because they're the ultimate examples of sportsmanship in the league... They are truly that good as people.

Oh. Crap. Maybe they're just like the IRS. Must have been some underling in Cincinatti's fault... Yeah, that's it! That's the ticket! ;)

http://kdvr.com/2015/01/20/report-1...lls-under-inflated-for-afc-championship-game/

Holy, crap. What's wrong with the Patriots? They let one properly inflated ball slip through the cracks!?!?

I don't think a reasonable person would think the Colts were going to beat the Patriots even if the Patriots didn't cheat which makes me wonder why they insist on cheating.

It's like people that lie to you when the truth would have been fine. It's just part of some people's DNA, they have to get a little unfair advantage by "bending" the rules, just a bit in their favor. :dunno:
Ball inflation certainly had no effect on the outcome of the game, but if it were a 3 or 7 point victory, we'd have a real problem! :nono:

Back