GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!

Nope. The Colts QB is on the record as preferring harder balls and it is within the rules to tune footballs using temperature. As long as they measure legal at inspection. You guys are sore losers, sad so much emotion over a dumb game you don't play.

So if the Colts balls were inflated to 13.5 as the legal max and lost 2psi as shown in the test video then they would have been at 11.5 or outside the legal 12.5 to 13.5. :yes:

So if the Colts balls were inflated to 13.5 as the legal max and lost 2psi as shown in the test video then they would have been at 11.5 or outside the legal 12.5 to 13.5. :yes:
Depends on the starting temp. Colts like them hard and can store and inflate their balls to 13.5 at a lower initial temperature. Simple and within the rules.

Depends on the starting temp. Colts like them hard and can store and inflate their balls to 13.5 at a lower initial temperature. Simple and within the rules.

A possibility, but it would appear no one here knows exactly what the conditions were when the balls were originally inflated so we don't know for sure.

I still say take the rule out and go back to the NFL taking care of the balls.

FWIW I'll watch the game. Don't really care who wins or loses as it makes absolutely no difference in my world.

I'm thinking this Superbowl would be a perfect time for tire company to advertise a "run flat" tire....

Actually....I haven't seen where the Colt 'balls were inspected or what they tested at.

Do we know if the balls tested a halftime were tested on the sidelines or back in the locker room after they had a chance to warm up?

Trent Green is on our local radio station during football season. He said he never knew what the psi rules were, he just knew what he liked. Saturdays he would dump 60 or 70 footballs on the training room floor, the balls they practiced with all week. He would pick the best 12, then the next best 12 as backups. The equipment guys would then double check each one and let him know which ones needed air and which ones had too much air. They also checked to make sure they weren't too scuffed up. If the ref decided the NFL or Wilson logos didn't look nice enough he would toss that ball and replace it with a brand new one, so the equipment guys and Green would pull out the marginal footballs. When they had two bags of 12, they'd zip tie them shut (the primary balls and the backups.) After that, he said he didn't see one of those balls again until his first snap of the game. They don't use them for warm ups. He DID say that a good equipment guy knows what his players like...

Interesting questions today about how the whole investigation even got started. There's one guy who is being fingered as saying he thought something was wrong during the game (a colts equipment guy) and he's denying it.

That tends to lead to the possibility that someone knew it was going on and tipped off the NFL who then strangely decided to test the balls not right away, but at halftime.

Very strange stuff there. Wonder who the snitch is.

Or if it is all one big guerilla marketing scheme. All the patriot hate is a money making machine.

Oh man. Now a source is saying that it may have actually been a COLTS ball boy that was caught on video taking the balls and deflating them.

Where's Peter Falk when you need him?

I heard today that the first suspicions arose in the first quarter when Develin caught his first touchdown pass.

Instead of spiking the ball, he folded it up and stuck it in his back pocket.

Does the NFL Commissioner need proof?

I know the Major League Baseball Commissioner still has the powers to rule "in the best interests of baseball", so he can make decisions that can't be contested to protect the integrity of the game.

I don't know what kind of "due process" the NFL commissioner would need, or want, in a case like this.

The commissioner is beholden to the owners, including the Patriots owner, he is tough on players, on owners, not so much! :nono:
They are going to blame the locker room attendant, because the only one lower on the food chain is the peanut vendor and he was in a different part of the stadium. :rolleyes:

Does the NFL Commissioner need proof?

I know the Major League Baseball Commissioner still has the powers to rule "in the best interests of baseball", so he can make decisions that can't be contested to protect the integrity of the game.

I don't know what kind of "due process" the NFL commissioner would need, or want, in a case like this.

The commissioner is beholden to the owners, including the Patriots owner, he is tough on players, on owners, not so much! :nono:
They are going to blame the locker room attendant, because the only one lower on the food chain is the peanut vendor and he was in a different part of the stadium. :rolleyes:

Heh - I can picture the ball-boy and the peanut vendor, in a back storage room, lighting one up just before the game.

Still no proof he did anything. Also no proof that another team didn't pay someone off to discredit/smear Patriots.

If they didn't do it, why did they cough up a scapegoat?

90 seconds...... about enough time for a quick whiz, haters gonna hate. I'm feeling really good about a Patriots win on Sunday.

If they didn't do it, why did they cough up a scapegoat?
Who said they coughed up a scapegoat? Again, that's just media and uninformed fan speculation. They turned over film they had early in the process just as requested by the NFL.

Who said they coughed up a scapegoat? Again, that's just media and uninformed fan speculation. They turned over film they had early in the process just as requested by the NFL.

and when the NFLL saw the tape? the Patriots came up with a no body to take the blame.

any other team, would have a big fine already in place.

I'm sure thepatriots will soon discover that George Bush is the guilty party...

Boo hoo. Poor Tom Brady's feelings were hurt. Frickin' sissy.

I like when he gets knocked on his *ss a few times, then starts whining, and losing. That's what the hawks need to do to him.

I like when he gets knocked on his *ss a few times, then starts whining, and losing. That's what the hawks need to do to him.

He gets knocked on his *ss in most games and has won most of them....

and when the NFLL saw the tape? the Patriots came up with a no body to take the blame.

any other team, would have a big fine already in place.
This doesn't even make sense. Fine who for what? Nothing has been proven to have been done deliberately or accidentally or any way shape or form at all. All there is is wild media speculation and "leaked" information that seems to be coming in a way to keep the feeding frenzy churning.

Kraft has staked his reputation to the "nothing happened" train in a big way. If it turns out that something did happen, I fully expect that Bill Belichick will be fired. And as a huge Patriots fan since 1971, if it turns out that something did happen, I want and expect that Belicheck will be fired too. But at this stage, it's just like when someone says "rape" but then turns out it was consensual. By the time the facts come to light, the court of public opinion has already tried and closed the case.

775f999f3f9803d0ffc0e3e688147f15.jpg

If it turns out that "something" happened, the nfl will collect a little money and pretend they solved the problem.

Tagliabeau was right the other day, all Goodell is interested in is money, which should stir up the blue state, patriot crowd, but miraculously doesn't, and the fans be damned. Certainly, beyond going scorched earth because some guy wore expensive cleats, that weren't provided by an nfl sponsor, he never acts in the best interest of the game.

With their hurt feelings and demands for apologies the Pats aren't a football team, they're the Real Housewives of Foxborough.

We'll see if they are a football team on Sunday, I'm sure your team will enjoy watching the game....

Oops! More pressure

Attachments

• 10954557_866505520062804_8481253309060612823_o.jpg
    10954557_866505520062804_8481253309060612823_o.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 15
Not in the last eleven years.

Patriots are something like 133-48 or something like that in the last 11.

I would say that 133 is most of them. (Though some of those wins and losses may have been Cassel's that one season Brady was out.)

Patriots are something like 133-48 or something like that in the last 11.

I would say that 133 is most of them. (Though some of those wins and losses may have been Cassel's that one season Brady was out.)

I meant for Super Bowl wins. They certainly have a winning record, and have been very succesful, so I get your point. There are certain teams that have NEVER won a Super Bowl (Eagles).

BTW, stop being mean to ATC! :D

2002 Super Bowl 36 Patriots taped opponents practices, won Super Bowl by 3 pts.
2007 team and coach fined $750,000 for videotaping opponents signals
2015 -- coach, QB, claimed they play within the rules.

Last edited:
Back