Give a gal a lift... (California)

Do you mind giving people lifts in your plane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because I worked there for 6 months. The overtime was great, but the commute and the Mayberry-esque feel of the place got to be too much for me to be able to handle.

The commute I can understand but what the f is wrong with Mayberry?

Big city folk, geesh.

The commute I can understand but what the f is wrong with Mayberry?

Big city folk, geesh.

The nice thing about the real world is you can say "I saw this hot brunette yesterday" and the person on the other end of the conversation has no idea what you're talking about.

Whereas Avalon you tell someone "There was this mildly attractive blonde I saw yesterday" and everyone knows that's Christina because she's the best looking girl on the island.

The nice thing about the real world is you can say "I saw this hot brunette yesterday" and the person on the other end of the conversation has no idea what you're talking about.

Whereas Avalon you tell someone "There was this mildly attractive blonde I saw yesterday" and everyone knows that's Christina because she's the best looking girl on the island.

I disagree with that characterization but it sure was funny. :D

Now a side effect of me creating other profiles is that real people are being treated as though they are not legit.
Exactly. Now every new poster is suspect, especially if they ask a newbie question. I won't even get into what happens to new posters who happen to be young females and are upfront about it.

Edit, just to clarify, not accusing you of anything @SixPapaCharlie.

Exactly. Now every new poster is suspect, especially if they ask a newbie question. I won't even get into what happens to new posters who happen to be young females and are upfront about it.
that quote looks out of context. My words were hypothetical. I do not use other aliases. Sorry just trying to drive that point home

I'm really not worried about people thinking I'd do that I'm concerned as I mentioned above for how it impacts a new comer that is accused of being someone else. By the way, GO Cowboys!!!!

I'm really not worried about people thinking I'd do that I'm concerned as I mentioned above for how it impacts a new comer that is accused of being someone else. By the way, GO Cowboys!!!!

Speaking of which... has anyone heard from Amanda? Did she ever get her ride to Napa lined up with someone?

Speaking of which... has anyone heard from Amanda? Did she ever get her ride to Napa lined up with someone?
Not me.

And unless she had a constitution of steel, she would have been separated from her breakfast. Surface winds were fine, but one poor schmuck reported 50 knot airspeed deviations in Newhall Pass, just as I was departing. So I went around the mountains instead of through them, and it was just continuous light chop with occasional moderate for 30 minutes. Dusty as hell over Simi as well. Around 5 miles vis below 6000. Clear and a million above.

Definitely not a first timer day. But it was fine once I got west of the mountains.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 28
Where the men are men and the bison are scared?
Nice but no. The last time I was there my cousin took me to a bar and pointed out all the women. It went something like this.... cousin, cousin, cousin, cousin.... the hot one with big boobs... married to a cousin. The fat one that looks like a man and smells like a barn? She's not related.....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Because I worked there for 6 months. The overtime was great, but the commute and the Mayberry-esque feel of the place got to be too much for me to be able to handle.

OK. Got it. You'll understand when you get older. For now stay in the big city full of attractions, crime, filth, callous people and plenty of girls not named Christine. Have a great time. Just please go lighter on judgement of places like "Mayberry". Mayberry is heaven to lots of people.

OK. Got it. You'll understand when you get older. For now stay in the big city full of attractions, crime, filth, callous people and plenty of girls not named Christine. Have a great time. Just please go lighter on judgement of places like "Mayberry". Mayberry is heaven to lots of people.

Oh. I have no doubt that small towns like that are heaven to some. But the hustle and bustle, smog, traffic, and wall to wall people make life interesting for me. So Catalina is anathema to me.

I'm convinced! That blurry picture of some arbitrary dude holding a suspiciously and conveniently blurred piece of paper is all the proof we need!

Glad that is settled.;):D

I'm convinced! That blurry picture of some arbitrary dude holding a suspiciously and conveniently blurred piece of paper is all the proof we need!

Glad that is settled.;):D

I can make out "LOM..." on the last name in his signature.

Hell you're that actor dude, made a movie w/ Paul Newman, where you played a Judge or something...thought your real name was different than Lomax though, Robert a character from another movie?

He does look really really familiar, just couldn't place it.

He does look really really familiar, just couldn't place it.

Yeah, Will something I think is his name. No last name though, just Will. ;)

Found it, Wilford Brimley.

220px-Wilford_Brimley.jpg

Last edited:
Back