Give a gal a lift... (California)

Do you mind giving people lifts in your plane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, Will something I think is his name. No last name though, just Will. ;)

Found it, Wilford Brimley.

220px-Wilford_Brimley.jpg

Bingo! yes, thank you, exactly who I was thinking of.

Master Bates.
Man, it's one thing to rip off The Simpsons, but Blazing Saddles?

Just go for the old classic -- Lily von Shtupp. Now, there's an appropriate name....

Edit: DAMN, that's History of the World. Mixing up my Mel Brooks movies....I must be losing it. Damn creeping senility.

Last edited:
Man, it's one thing to rip off The Simpsons, but Blazing Saddles?

Just go for the old classic -- Lily von Shtupp. Now, there's an appropriate name....

Edit: DAMN, that's History of the World. Mixing up my Mel Brooks movies....I must be losing it. Damn creeping senility.

Try again. It was "The Toy"

Well,,, It was quite vald when it was issued,,, 38 years ago,,, not a surprise that it faded..
It was also valid 27 years ago when I was last PIC,,, with a 12 day old 2nd class med and BFR!
do you still fly in GA aircraft even if not PIC?

Well,,, It was quite vald when it was issued,,, 38 years ago,,, not a surprise that it faded..
It was also valid 27 years ago when I was last PIC,,, with a 12 day old 2nd class med and BFR!
Sad but that was years ago.....those were the days my friend.

do you still fly in GA aircraft even if not PIC?

I would like to, and I have taken A step toward becoming current again, Im willing to fly along, but havent had an opportunity..
I went to the Rusty Pilot Seminar at the AOPA flyin at KPWT last month.
I have a gumption problem,, I barely have enough motivation to get to the grocery store every 10 days or so..
Sometimes I go hang out at the airport, but they dont seem to see me there,
Ive never been asked why I came,,, do I want to learn to fly,,, how can we serve you?

I would like to, and I have taken A step toward becoming current again, Im willing to fly along, but havent had an opportunity..
I have a gumption problem,, I barely have enough motivation to get to the grocery store every 10 days or so..
Ive never been asked why I came,,, do I want to learn to fly,,, how can we serve you?

I hope you are able to get there. And thanks for adding some humor to this place.

Air Force has a shortage of fighter pilots. Maybe they'll serve you, or you serve them, how's that work?

Well,,, I Was in the Navy from 1971 to 1975,, and I didnt fly,,, anything,,, I fixed submarines in San Diego...
In years passed,, I thought I could make it through basic training again,,, I dont think that anymore...

BTW,,, thanks for being the 1st to suggest that I was a faker of 6PC,,, and It was fun playing that game, but it is done.

Do the math,,, I am now 63 years old,, not gonna join the Air Force or any other Force Now...
I dont have enough mental capacity still working to fly a fighter,
maybe a Mooney, a Bonanza, most likely a Aventura Buccaneer,,, yeah, thats the ticket..
My home is surrounded by water, and as most planes can land in the Water,,,it is important that the plane be amphibious
so that you still have a chance of taking off again.

Well,,, I Was in the Navy from 1971 to 1975,, and I didnt fly,,, anything,,, I fixed submarines in San Diego...
In years passed,, I thought I could make it through basic training again,,, I dont think that anymore...

BTW,,, thanks for being the 1st to suggest that I was a faker of 6PC,,, and It was fun playing that game, but it is done.

Do the math,,, I am now 63 years old,, not gonna join the Air Force or any other Force Now...
maybe a Mooney, a Bonanza, most likely a Aventura Buccaneer,,, yeah, thats the ticket..
My home is surrounded by water, and as most planes can land in the Water,,,it is important that the plane be amphibious
I hope you find a way to get back in the game.

Aventura makes some nice designs with some great water characteristics. I would love to have one. For the money they would be hard to beat.

I'm in Thurston County. We should go for a shake up at Jefferson County and get you back in the air!

I'm in Thurston County. We should go for a shake up at Jefferson County and get you back in the air!

Well,,, Now we're gettin somewhere!! Yelm is about 40 flyin miles from Bremerton National KPWT, my local field,
or 65 driving miles from my home.
Im on here every day, soooo PM me if you have some ,,, any plan,,, I would try to comply,, and I Will Pay... Thanks,, Bob

ETA, PM your story, your plane, experience,,, Ill PM my fone #,,
we can live talk, try to set up a good meet up... thanks.
kind of makes me excited!

Last edited:
Now that, there, is some proper communication!

hey....you can do it. Many of us left aviation for a decade or two and got back on the horse. I did and it ain't all that hard....it comes back. :happydance:

btw...go online at the FAA website and get your English Prof plastic. You'll then have the updated plastic to go along with your hard earned paper.

Last edited:
@robert lomax
I took a few flying lessons in 1980-81 and then did not take another one until 2009. That was a 28 year layoff. Beats yours by one year. Plus, you already have your certificate whereas I was still just a student pilot who had never soloed when I stopped. You just need to get your certificate replaced with plastic, get a medical and schedule some time with a CFI. It is easily done.

Back