Gaston's update

It would be nice. I doubt a cross country in my 150 is what Laurie has in mind for us this summer. Wedding plans are more like it. :)
Do the trip in the 150 and maybe you will have the same luck I did our first year, the wife wanted a bigger plane after that. We now have a 172!:D

Do the trip in the 150 and maybe you will have the same luck I did our first year, the wife wanted a bigger plane after that. We now have a 172!:D

If someone would just let me borrow a nice Cherokee 6 all decked out like the AOPA Win a 6 in '06 (btw, it's '07 already you jackholes) plane, I'd be all set.

Well Diana You'll never have to worry about paying for supper again, your dates are already lining up! haha

So whats so romantic about it? Its just a bunch of guys and airplanes standing around telling stories. Okay so MAYBE if your one of only a few girls and love airplanes.... okay, throw in a DA-40, a sunset and a cute guy and you've got me! LOL ;)

Sounds like it'll be fun either way!

... okay, throw in a DA-40, a sunset and a cute guy and you've got me! LOL ;)

Then it looks like you're hooked, doesn't it?

I will Marry you Diana.

Get in line buddy! :)

Awwwww, you guys! :redface: How sweet!

Let me go ask Tom if that would be OK!
Dangit! He said he no. :dunno: Oh well.

Well, at least we can go flying together at Gaston's! :) And Anthony, I'll be gentle and we don't have to do acro...just low and slow over the lake and countryside. :)

So whats so romantic about it?
Gaston's can be VERY romantic. The river at night, the fog, the night sounds. Even the walking trails.

Its just a bunch of guys and airplanes standing around telling stories.
Oh, many of them are actually out flying a LOT. :)

Okay so MAYBE if your one of only a few girls and love airplanes.... okay, throw in a DA-40, a sunset and a cute guy and you've got me! LOL ;)

Sounds like it'll be fun either way!
There ya go!!! I hope you're planning to come Tristan. :yes:

Gaston's can be VERY romantic. The river at night, the fog, the night sounds. Even the walking trails.

Oh, many of them are actually out flying a LOT. :)

There ya go!!! I hope you're planning to come Tristan. :yes:
Yep, so far if school works out, which it should since its just a weekend event, I'll be there. I think Jesse is gonna come pick me up and we may go get Tony or something. We'll have to see how it plays out once it gets closer. I can't wait though, you guys sound like fun!

So Diana, are you bringing the Citabria? I'd love to try a little acro but nothing too harsh or too long. I can do rolls no problem but I've never done loops in a highwing or for very long.

So Diana, are you bringing the Citabria?

I plan on it. :yes: I'm bringing Carol Hays again, and Tom is coming with Barb in her Cessna 172.

I'd love to try a little acro but nothing too harsh or too long. I can do rolls no problem but I've never done loops in a highwing or for very long.
Let's plan on flying together! I'm looking forward to it! :yes: I'm gentle, and we can do whatever you want. :)

Great! I've done a little acro with friends in their biplanes and once in a T-6 but this'll be new I'm sure! I'm excited and wish it was closer!

Yep, so far if school works out, which it should since its just a weekend event, I'll be there. I think Jesse is gonna come pick me up and we may go get Tony or something. We'll have to see how it plays out once it gets closer. I can't wait though, you guys sound like fun!

Thats my plan, is to come with you two. Leah might join us as well.

Great! The more the better! Still kinda wondering what we'll take, hopefully the Diamond star but I'd be perfectly happy to fly in any airplane as long as its airworthy! Its months away so its kinda funny already planning for it.

Fortunately, lawyers are. :D
Ed, consider it like the 6Y9 mandatory. Be there!

I took Cabin #2 which is a double, for Saturday night. It's held for Ken and Catherine Ibold who have first dibs on it....but after last time, I'm not so sure that it'll be spoken for.....

Last edited:
Do you know what day ya'll will be going down? Maybe we can two-ship it on the way down.

That would be cool. You might have to slow down for us. We'll be in the 140 knot range.

I took Cabin #2 which is a double, for Saturday night. It's held for Ken and Catherine Ibold who have first dibs on it....but after last time, I'm not so sure that it'll be spoken for.....

Oh, you're gonna play that card are you?

**sigh**

Dibs! Dibs!

By the way, the envelope from Gaston's, the one reading "Reservation Confirmation" on the outside, showed up last week, and Tommy came running, all excited to show it to me.

I am going to post about kids coming on the Wiki, so we can keep track and see how many might be there.

I just booked our cottage and got the feeling that the rooms are going fast. So if you need your privacy, better call Gaston's now. Plus I think there will have to be a bit of sharing going on. Fortunately the camaraderie of this group is very good (Spin Zone excepted.)

And anyway, Lance, there is no "Spin Zone" at Gaston's; any insulting one might do would be face-to-face, and that just ain't gonna happen. No sir.

Since Lance insisted on making me panic, I called and verified my reservation.

I thought I had made it as we left least year and lo and behold, I had.
:happydance:

I hate being old.

Yea so you better behave Lance or Spike'll take you out back! haha

I will be attending this years Gaston's trip and sharing a room with Bill J. Would anybody be interested in playing poker one night?? If so I will bring cards and poker chips.

Last edited:
I will be attending this years Gaston's trip and sharing a room bill Bill J. Would anybody be interested in playing poker one night?? If so I will bring cards and poker chips.

Brent,
If you'll just email me your mailing address I'll put a check in the mail.

me <-- world's worst poker player

Brent,
If you'll just email me your mailing address I'll put a check in the mail.

me <-- world's worst poker player

Hell's bells, Chip, if I'da known it was that easy, I would have proposed a poker game to you a long time ago, a big stakes one!

I am always behind the curve. :mad:

I will be attending this years Gaston's trip and sharing a room with Bill J. Would anybody be interested in playing poker one night?? If so I will bring cards and poker chips.

My wife and I are in.

James Dean

Hey neat, maybe this year we can actually get the poker game on (I think last year was partially my fault we didn't get it going).

I'm ok, but I'm not expecting any victories. This going to be a cigar friendly event?

sure if you bring supplemental oxygen for the rest of us :D

Hmmm, what is the smallest plane that can make the trip from Alaska in less than two full days but is capable of landing on Gaston's strip? :dunno:

Besides a V-22 that is - I'm not sure one is available to me.

Well since two FULL days would be 48 hours, there's quite a few that would make it.

You could do that in a 182RG in about 20hrs

Any Mooney.

Well, in my 170 it would only take...34 hours in the air, 240 gallons of fuel each way.

I'm just kidding. Actually, I will be finishing up a family get-together on the beach in NC the week before and might accompany my parents back to West Tennessee afterwards. From there only a plane rental and 180 nm to Gaston's. Have to check the dates though, may not be back in time that weekend I'd probably be landing about the time everyone else is taking off :(

Last edited:
Well, in my 170 it would only take...34 hours in the air, 240 gallons of fuel each way.

I'm just kidding. Actually, I will be finishing up a family get-together on the beach in NC the week before and might accompany my parents back to West Tennessee afterwards. From there only a plane rental and 180 nm to Gaston's. Have to check the dates though, may not be back in time that weekend I'd probably be landing about the time everyone else is taking off :(
Where in western Tn?

If mosquitos are a problem there I can bring my mosquito vaccume. It works real well to keep an area about 150' diam clear if the wind is not blowing to much.

Hey neat, maybe this year we can actually get the poker game on (I think last year was partially my fault we didn't get it going).

I'm ok, but I'm not expecting any victories. This going to be a cigar friendly event?

Damn right. I wonder if I got a non-smoking cabin. If it isn't, you'll be welcome to join me, Nick. We can always smoke outside.

Back