Gaston's update

awesome John, welcome to PoA! beautiful super cub you got there. the one I tow gliders is significantly uglier.

This is my first post here. I found this website and the Gaston's fly-in on a pod cast. Count me in. I had got a room for Saturday night. I hope to go up there in the next few months to fish with my son. That fly-in sounded like it was a great time. Hope to see you all there.
Newbe John
John, welcome to the forum! :)

I look forward to meeting you at Gaston's. It looks like yours is the only Super Cub signed up to come so far. We should give a prize for the oldest airplane. :) I don't know if your airplane or Greg's Cessna 195 would be the oldest.

This is my first post here. I found this website and the Gaston's fly-in on a pod cast. Count me in. I had got a room for Saturday night. I hope to go up there in the next few months to fish with my son. That fly-in sounded like it was a great time.

Welcome aboard John! :yes:

Since I don't think Gaston's has been mentioned on any other podcasts, you must listen to The Pilotcast. Dan, Mike, and I are all here and we thank you for listening! :)

BTW, have you registered for our forums at http://www.pilotcast.com/forums yet?

Hope to see you there!

"Pilot Kent"

That sounds like a challenge... YOU'RE ON!!!

youd have to do some serious spray painting or scratching or something for the RV to win ugliest airplane.

Worst landing, now thats another story...

I have a 50' paint job and a 20' interior (not ratty but it really could use some work. Under the cowl and the control surfaces looks great. I'm not posting closeups cause I'm to embarrassed

Ok, I guess I should check in here too.

Hello everyone.

If all goes well my bride and I will be flying in to Gastons. I guess we'll see you all there. I heard about it on Pilotcast, which I recently found and I think is great. Kudos to you Kent and Mike (and Dan too), and when is the next one?.

Tom

Looks like we'll have quite a few more people this year. I think we're gonna need Steve.

Looks like we'll have quite a few more people this year.

No joke. I was putting off reserving a room just because I wanted to hold on to my money a little longer, but it looks like I'm gonna have to make reservations SOON lest I be left out in the cold.. errr... "cool" night air.

I have not made reservations yet. Worst case, i sleep on the runway

No joke. I was putting off reserving a room just because I wanted to hold on to my money a little longer, but it looks like I'm gonna have to make reservations SOON lest I be left out in the cold.. errr... "cool" night air.

I talked to them last week and they only had bedrooms and BIG cottages left. No standard cottages.

Very soon. They have the hotel-room style stuff left, but the next thing up was one of the very expensive large places.

If all goes well my bride and I will be flying in to Gastons. I guess we'll see you all there. I heard about it on Pilotcast, which I recently found and I think is great. Kudos to you Kent and Mike (and Dan too), and when is the next one?.

Excellent, Tom!

We have two Pilotcasts and two CFIcasts in the can, but Mike is moving into a new house and is a bit short on time for editing them. Hopefully soon...

No such thing as cool night air @ Gastons in June.:yes:

Well, I signed up for another visit to Gaston's. Depending on who I bring I may have either a free double bed or an entire 2 bed cottage available to someone who cannot get lodging. Since I wasn't sure, I booked 2 two bed cottages next to each other.

Scott

I think you should book the big expensive one and invite your friends!
I had posted that as a possibility on the Wiki at www.gastonsflyin.com months back. No one seemed to jump at the idea then. I think it's a good one for next year, though!

BTW, for those who haven't registered your intent to come at the aforementioned website, please do!

We made reservations!

I'll bring my wife, Chel, and our (2) 11y.o.'s. We will come on Friday, but we gotta leave Saturday night. They still had regular 2 bdr cottages.

Hope the fishin's good...:D

Oh yeah, is there a way I can get on the meal lists for POA people? It will be me and a guest.

Oh yeah, is there a way I can get on the meal lists for POA people? It will be me and a guest.

Just agree to pay, we'll all love to have you on the list... :goofy:

I added my name to the Sunday brunch list. I hope I did it right. You have to remember I am from Oregon and old! Bob

My ugliest plane entry just got uglier. My Brother in-law bumped a snow bank while taxing and broke a wheel pant in 7 locations but its still in 1 piece.

bummer. We had an interesting time on Tuesday when we got back. The crew was out plowing/blowing snow but there were huge piles on the sides of the taxiways. Many of the taxiways still had large areas of rough ice on them. Taxiing was tough, had to be really careful not to drag a wingtip in the snowbanks and then you kinda preffered to dodge the ice too. I was not too impressed with the snow crew. They were driving all over runways/taxiways without radios.

Well, that and W&B issues. (Say hey to Rosie for me)

Well if I actually did have her, her bodyguard and girlfriend in the Tiger, I could probably get in, but I definitely would never get out! :hairraise:

Well if I actually did have her, her bodyguard and girlfriend in the Tiger, I could probably get in, but I definitely would never get out! :hairraise:

Welcome to the hotel Rosi-fornia, such a lovely place....

I just checked with Gastons for availability and they have 3 ultra deluxe cabins left. They are 2 bedroom/2 bath and rent for $199.00 for two people and $17 for each additional. Looks like I'm staying in Branson.

I just checked with Gastons for availability and they have 3 ultra deluxe cabins left. They are 2 bedroom/2 bath and rent for $199.00 for two people and $17 for each additional. Looks like I'm staying in Branson.

I'm sure you can find someone to split that with you. If at all possible stay at Gastons. It's kind of a 24x7 event.

Back